IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Ah yes, Monkey Wrench II, one of my favorite "game" cartridges?!

Yes, the number of things mis-listed on eBay are staggering, and usually end in my benefit.

------------------------------------------------

You profile reminded me of a sign that I need in my house.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are a couple of heavily yellowed 65XEs floating around on eBay with ridiculous BIN prices which have been there for over a year and will probably be there for years to come.

Have you seen the ones from Sweden??? One glance at the price and my eyes are hurting.

I have a LOL everytime I see those :D

bagged a boxed 810 and a loose 1050 today for free :cool:

Neither working though :( and the 810 is unbelievably yellow ;)

now both working, and the 810 has an archiver mod fitted :)

• Like 1

They're beautiful: the pinnacle of CRT for the 8-bit. It'll also part-time as a display for the A500. :)

Wow - I had no idea what a great monitor that is. That would work perfectly with the 130XE. Good job :thumbsup:

So, what's the big deal between the 1084S-P regularly found on eBay, and this 1084S-D1?

So, what's the big deal between the 1084S-P regularly found on eBay, and this 1084S-D1?

From a quality point of view, I'd deduce better decoding circuitry and certainly a superior tube. AFAIK, both the SC1435 and 1084S-D1 share the same innards as the Philips CM8833 Mk II, the only variation being in which of the inputs are populated on the board. The 1084S-D1 is the only one with the full gamut of connections and options: CVBS, separate Chroma/Luma, and RGB. The CM8833-II has only composite and RGB, while the SC1435 has only RGB. All have stereo RCA audio inputs. I've had the SC1435 apart several times, and it's clear that with a drill, the necessary parts, and a degree of patience, one could upgrade the monitor to be functionally identical to a 1084S-D1. One user on this forum took the alternative and slightly more radical step of putting the 1084 internals into an SC1435 case, with suitable extra holes for the chroma/luma jacks.

Well, the last time I was drilling holes in a monitor was the first time I got hit hard by a flyback transformer. The Houston Rockets had just won the 1994 Championship, I was rockin out to some late night techno on 104.1 KRBE to a little known group named "Daft Punk", and I had the big over-ear style headphones on with a TV repair manual in my lap from the library. I went to turn the monitor around with it plugged in as I was making adjustments to the set and full on grabbed the 'big suction cup' on the back of the tube.

I think it was a few weeks later that I electrocuted myself with 13.5KV from the high tension wires on the utility poles... C'est la vie

Anyone see any good finds on ebay that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Well, the last time I was drilling holes in a monitor was the first time I got hit hard by a flyback transformer. The Houston Rockets had just won the 1994 Championship, I was rockin out to some late night techno on 104.1 KRBE to a little known group named "Daft Punk", and I had the big over-ear style headphones on with a TV repair manual in my lap from the library. I went to turn the monitor around with it plugged in as I was making adjustments to the set and full on grabbed the 'big suction cup' on the back of the tube.

I think it was a few weeks later that I electrocuted myself with 13.5KV from the high tension wires on the utility poles... C'est la vie

Anyone see any good finds on ebay that they wouldn't mind sharing?

With all that electricity you've passed through your body, you should be showing 4 bars. :)

When I first started working with arcade games, I was a little lax about discharging picture tubes until a charged tube threw me to the ground and just about made me sh!t myself. From then on, I always discharged them, then did it again after a minute or two. Fortunately, they started adding auto-discharge circuits to newer equipment (you can hear them crackle internally for a few seconds after they're turned off). I'd still discharge 'em manually, though.

Nice - I'd love to pick up some of the Atari printers, particularly the 400/800 era models but they seem pretty rare this side of the Atlantic and shipping is a b*tch. Great pics BTW.

Oh perleeeeease!!

Take a look at this rip-off (and I can promise it's not me selling it)....

Rip off of the century

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3704850786241?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=370485078624&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

... and just to make it a little funnier, take a look at the seller's name.

i know the US dollar is weak versus the Euro, but i think thats pushing it... or maybe the decimal/comma gremlin strikes again?

sloopy.