IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Last night, I thought I'd found my way into the wonderful world of Atari 8-bit. I won this auction on eBay: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107167914421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110716791442&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Soon after the auction ended, the seller told me that he couldn't get the 130xe to output video anymore. We decided to cancel the transaction, but I was sorry to miss out on what seemed like a good deal. I was really interested in the SIO2PC, too.

I'd done my research on Atari Age, and I want a 130XE or 800XL. I'm leaning toward the 130XE because of the S-Video output. The search continues.

Boxpressed,

I guess I was bidding against you, sorry about that. I also suspect that the seller may be full of it, you got it for a very good price, probably didn't sit too well with him.

cheers,

c

I'm encouraged that I'm not overbidding for stuff (I would have gone about $80). I actually suggested to the seller that he contact the second place bidder to see if he/she wanted the lot. I guess he didn't.

After boxpressed posted here saying he canceled the auction. I sent the person an email asking him what he wanted for it, and me replied with an offer, so given this, i would say the poster of the auction is genuine in his honesty on this matter.

sloopy.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3305882416991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330588241699&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A bunch of broken paddle controllers. You ask "why the heck did you do that?" Well, multiple possibilities ...

1. I need controllers to complete some sets I'm planning to sell.

2. I need something to do at home. Project hours here.

3. Of the ones that don't work, I'll use them as guinea pigs for another project I'm working on.

4. I'm just crazy.

I thought about doing that, I'm sure between them you could get a couple of good working paddles after cleaning up the pots.

Last night, I thought I'd found my way into the wonderful world of Atari 8-bit. I won this auction on eBay: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107167914421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110716791442&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Soon after the auction ended, the seller told me that he couldn't get the 130xe to output video anymore. We decided to cancel the transaction, but I was sorry to miss out on what seemed like a good deal. I was really interested in the SIO2PC, too.

I'd done my research on Atari Age, and I want a 130XE or 800XL. I'm leaning toward the 130XE because of the S-Video output. The search continues.

Boxpressed,

I guess I was bidding against you, sorry about that. I also suspect that the seller may be full of it, you got it for a very good price, probably didn't sit too well with him.

cheers,

c

I'm encouraged that I'm not overbidding for stuff (I would have gone about $80). I actually suggested to the seller that he contact the second place bidder to see if he/she wanted the lot. I guess he didn't.

Seems fishy to me. When he posted the auction, everything worked and then when you won it at a good price, the video output all of a sudden didn't work. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

He's never going to get much for that lot, as the tape drive is from the 400/800 era, disk drive from the XL era and computer from the XE era and they are all common. Be patient and you'll find a good deal with hopefully matching components for around the same price.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3305882416991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330588241699&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A bunch of broken paddle controllers. You ask "why the heck did you do that?" Well, multiple possibilities ...

1. I need controllers to complete some sets I'm planning to sell.

2. I need something to do at home. Project hours here.

3. Of the ones that don't work, I'll use them as guinea pigs for another project I'm working on.

4. I'm just crazy.

I thought about doing that, I'm sure between them you could get a couple of good working paddles after cleaning up the pots.

Preliminary testing showed that all but one of the pots is working. They all have jitters, and 3 of them have broken stop posts. I can clean the pots, and epoxy the stop posts back on, and I'm sure I can fix the dead pot. After that, I think I made a fair haul.

Almost too bad, because I really don't want to mess up working controllers for my project.

After boxpressed posted here saying he canceled the auction. I sent the person an email asking him what he wanted for it, and me replied with an offer, so given this, i would say the poster of the auction is genuine in his honesty on this matter.

sloopy.

Cool, I am glad. you got a good response. Sometimes ebay can surprise you.

So how much did he want? ;)

Just got back from picking This eBay Lot eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1806937106681?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180693710668&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] up...

Even got another free box full of goodies :)

I'll see if I can post pics of all this cool stuff soon...

Jay

Very cool - I had one of those Covox Voice Masters back in '85 - all I used to do was play poker with it. Voice recognition back then sucked, but I was still cool for having it as none of my other friends did...

:)

Very cool - I had one of those Covox Voice Masters back in '85 - all I used to do was play poker with it. Voice recognition back then sucked, but I was still cool for having it as none of my other friends did...

Yep, this is my first one of these, he even had the original floppy, so it will be fun playing with :) .

I have a VoiceBox by Alien Group too, just need to find it...

Jay

I'm not bidding.....even though I'd like to if it were cheaper, but I find this price quite interesting!

post-16281-0-96987300-1311547568_thumb.jpg

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1606216673711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160621667371&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Someone's so nostalgic about that which prevented them from getting laid in the first place, that they're going to drop a C-note!!!

I'm just kidding....I was an Ultima II nerd myself....but sheesh! I guess I'll be playing from .ATRs and downloading scanned maps.

couple of hours left on this, so belly up to the bar, folks!

Edited by wood_jl

I'm not bidding.....even though I'd like to if it were cheaper, but I find this price quite interesting!

I paid too much for my UII, but at least I have a boxed one now. That was the first game I got seriously addicted to (as in, up all night for days!). That feeling of exploration was really intense.

I paid too much for my UII, but at least I have a boxed one now. That was the first game I got seriously addicted to (as in, up all night for days!). That feeling of exploration was really intense.

Hah, I'm just "sour graping" it, since I'm too poor, and I can't have it. I do understand wanting this stuff badly; I just want too much stuff too badly lately.

It ended up going for $170!!! $185 shipped!!! Who knew?????

post-16281-0-35062800-1311562586_thumb.jpg

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1606216673711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160621667371&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hah, I'm just "sour graping" it, since I'm too poor, and I can't have it. I do understand wanting this stuff badly; I just want too much stuff too badly lately.

It ended up going for $170!!! $185 shipped!!! Who knew?????

Yeah, that's about what I paid. I wish I'd bought all this stuff back before it became collectable again. :)

Yep, this is my first one of these, he even had the original floppy, so it will be fun playing with :) .

I have a VoiceBox by Alien Group too, just need to find it...

Jay

You have the Voicebox? or Voicebox II?

You have the Voicebox? or Voicebox II?

I think it's the first release, don't remember seeing a "2" or "II" on it. IIRC, it's the one that came with software that only worked on the 800...

this one http://orph.atarinet.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=4013

Do you still have the software? and if so is it tape or disk based?