IGNORED

GameCube Freeloader a no-go? (warning: cussing and colorful imagery)

kisrael

Damn it... I thought I read someone saying that the GC "emulation" was so good on this thing, that even the GC Freeloader would work.

Not so. I wonder if a patch "fixed" the issue.

So I'll say: Fuckin' Nintendo and the god damn region lockout bullshit.

I want a motherfucking Puzzle Collection port. I want 4 player Dr. Mario and Tetris Attack. I want to sit with my Aunt and my mom or some other friends and not be screwed over with a "can't read disk bullshit error message.

I want you to stop being such god damn pussies with your god damn region pricing scheme, I want you to not be so conservative with doing translations, and I'm not even one of those Europe folks you're REALLY cornholing with an eight inch mario figurine.

And while we're at it... how amazingly retarded is it that the "classic" controller seems like it would be a totally adequate replacement for the GC stick, but they didn't make some kind of hardware passthrough for it? Someone needs to make some kind of adapter for that shit.

Edited by kisrael

Well Freeloader works for me on my US Wii. It defo doesn't work on anything but US Wii at the moment.

"defo"? What?

ANd let me ask, have you connected your Wii to the 'Net and downloaded any updates? I suspect that's where some of the "works!" "doesn't!" differences may be sneaking in.

• 2 weeks later...
ANd let me ask, have you connected your Wii to the 'Net and downloaded any updates? I suspect that's where some of the "works!" "doesn't!" differences may be sneaking in.

Yep, all available apart from getting Opera yet. And Freeloader still works fine on it.