IGNORED

Nintendo Question..

zraider

I picked up an Nintendo with several games at a garage sale. I see where

it's says 9vac on the back of it (power suppy with it was 16vac; go figure), and I've tried an Atari power supply that states 9vac, but I just get a black screen. With some cartridges, the power light blinks and it seems that reseating the cartridge will stop this, but what about the video input ? It had a plain old video cable with plugs on both ends. Will this work with the standard adapters that are used with the Atari systems or does it require something different ?

Any help appreciated.

I picked up an Nintendo with several games at a garage sale. I see where

it's says 9vac on the back of it (power suppy with it was 16vac; go figure), and I've tried an Atari power supply that states 9vac, but I just get a black screen. With some cartridges, the power light blinks and it seems that reseating the cartridge will stop this, but what about the video input ? It had a plain old video cable with plugs on both ends. Will this work with the standard adapters that are used with the Atari systems or does it require something different ?

Any help appreciated.

You can use an Atari 810/1050 power supply with the NES. And for a video switchbox, Radio Shack sells one that should work. You need one of the auto switching variety.

Thanks, I'll see what I can get going tomorrow. Also though, the Nintendo has outputs for separate video and audio on the side and I tried hooking up my camcorder connectors to these and the TV but got nothing. I guess I'm slow, but Nintendo is totally new to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
With some cartridges, the power light blinks and it seems that reseating the cartridge will stop this.

At least you know it works, nintendo carts insert sideways, so they don't have good enough contact, like an atari console does. I recommend that you get a cleaner for the games and for the console, Naki cleaning kits are the best for nintendo. If you don't have time to get any cleaner, give the games a blow, that should do the job, also I find that hiting either side against my leg also helps. As for the ac, you should get a real one that is made for nintendo consoles, sometimes an incorrect adapter will make a loud humming sound while the console is on.

but what about the video input ? It had a plain old video cable with plugs on both ends. Will this work with the standard adapters that are used with the Atari systems or does it require something different ?

just regular rca av cables will work, sometimes people forget to press the input, or the aux button on their tv. :|