IGNORED

ACE80-XL?

Larry

The Capitol Hill Atari Owners' Society was based in Lansing, which is the capital of Michigan but which has no hill. The founder was a Get Smart fan, so the name stuck. CHAOS was large and active and a lot of fun. Even when I lived in Muskegon I made the 2-hour drive to the monthly meetings.

Yes, they were the days and you guys really help to recapture them! It's ironic that the PC nearly killed Atari but now, through the Internet, it keeps it alive.

BTW, do you remember the President's name? I remember only his face.

Sorry about replying to your 9-year old post, @ClausB, but this is the first time I saw this topic after someone replied not too long ago, bubbling it back to the top.

John Nagy was running C.H.A.O.S. when I discovered the Atari group. They were meeting in the basement of a bank in East Lansing, and I was only able to make a couple meetings which were low attendance when I was there. John had allowed me to work up a couple ATASCII-animated logon screens for the BBS back then, although the BBS was pretty much in decline at that point, I believe. The group itself didn't meet together within that year, due to lack of interest.

I believe that it was Tom Denison who took over the C.H.A.O.S. BBS after that— running it out of his basement— although he moved it to an ST platform software that also allowed the message nodes that were coming into full-swing during that time. I'd come to know Tom fairly well, but as for John, I think I'd only spoken to him a couple times. I fell out of touch with Tom, though, when I moved out of Lansing but I may have moved to an XT PC by then anyhow.

--Tim

How timely - I just today listened to Kevin's interview with Claus and his partner re ACE ... first I ever heard of the ACE80 and ACE80XL carts. :)

I actually performed the interview rather than Kevin, but glad to hear you listened!

Randy Kindig, ANTIC co-host

• Like 1

I actually performed the interview rather than Kevin, but glad to hear you listened!

Randy Kindig, ANTIC co-host

D'oh! Sorry, Randy! Apologies, I've listened to a slew of interviews in the last few days and I misspoke. Great interview, by the way. I really enjoyed hearing these guys discuss how they got started and everything they've done in the Atari world and beyond.

• Like 2

D'oh! Sorry, Randy! Apologies, I've listened to a slew of interviews in the last few days and I misspoke. Great interview, by the way. I really enjoyed hearing these guys discuss how they got started and everything they've done in the Atari world and beyond.

No problem at all. Not sure why you would get confused when Kevin has done over 200 of the nearly 300 interviews for ANTIC! :)

Thanks for the kind words

Randy

• 2 years later...
On 7/10/2017 at 3:06 AM, Allan said:

So if I wanted to put the ACE80XL on a cart, what would be the best solution?

Allan

Some days ago I saw ACE-80XL cart on sale, therefore I made some researches and wanted to try that 80 columns solution.

In fact I can confirm that not only you can dedicate an AtariMax cart but you can use a multicart too.

I tested the rom you can find below with AVG Cart.

• Like 3