IGNORED

Where are the Wii's?

Bivotar

AAARRRGGHHH!!! I can't take it anymore! I have yet to find a Wii, and it isn't for lack of trying. My Christmas gift from my wife this year was a Wii, well, if she could have found one. I have been checking almost daily with Wal-Mart, Target, and even Gamestop on Wii shipments since before Christmas. It's always "we don't know when we will get them, they just show up, so call every day". I call and the typical response is "we didn't get any today and your the 25th call we got" or "we got 6 in and they were gone within an hour".

This is insane. This is the first time I have ever tried to purchase a system at launch, so I guess this is to be expected. But it sure is frustrating!!! :x

Has anybody actually seen them on the shelves?

I feel your pain. I've done the whole call-around thing, bug the sales clerk thing, etc. It's incredibly frustrating and unrewarding. The worst part of it all, though, are the lies and unintentional mistruths. Everything from lieing about the store opening time to withholding consoles at the last minute to saying that they don't know when they're getting a shipment when a shipment is sitting in their backroom waiting to be opened. It all kind of exposes the uglier side of human beings. :sad:

I'm tempted to just get a used Gamecube and say nuts to the Wii for awhile. Unfortunately, those blasted things just refuse to lose their value. (What's up with that, anyway? $60 for a last-gen console that cost $99 new?)

Same here in NJ and NO Luck with Wii's (Wife played a demo and LOVED it)

also she's now hooked on Tetris DS and want to get her a DS (so I can Have Mine back) and well Im hearing End of January MAYBE!!! UGH!!!!!! for both

Nothing on shelves here either. Seems the VC controller has started to saturate the market though. No nunchucks or wiimotes though (although the EB store had one on hold for someone - overheard the employee telling the person that they won't hold it for long for obvious reasons).

A few days before Christmas my Sister-in-law was at WalMArt doing some shopping when an announcement was made that 3 Wii Systems were available in Electronics... a couple minutes later, another announcement was made... 1 system was left. It's unreal the amount of interest this system has created with the mainstream customer!

I'm beginning to wonder if I will be able to get one next month... the shortages may still be happening! LOL!

Nothing on shelves here either. Seems the VC controller has started to saturate the market though. No nunchucks or wiimotes though (although the EB store had one on hold for someone - overheard the employee telling the person that they won't hold it for long for obvious reasons).

A few days before Christmas my Sister-in-law was at WalMArt doing some shopping when an announcement was made that 3 Wii Systems were available in Electronics... a couple minutes later, another announcement was made... 1 system was left. It's unreal the amount of interest this system has created with the mainstream customer!

I'm beginning to wonder if I will be able to get one next month... the shortages may still be happening! LOL!

yea ive noticed that.. best buy has classic controllers like mad.. still yet to see a wii, wiimote, or chuck on the shelf though. Im glad my mom froze her ars on the second time toys r us had preorders... and to think i told her not to as there would surely be plenty to go around -_-.. boy im glad she didnt listen to me.

One Wii sitting on the shelf in my local Wal-Mart down here in Dixie. Sat there a whole 10 minutes before some guy and his kid showed up to claim one on a gift card. Belated Christmas gift, I suppose.

So they're around. At least they're finally getting a chance to actually hit the shelf. The situation does seem to be getting slightly better, but it's slow coming.

Give it a couple weeks more. I would imagine it'll start getting better toward the middle or end of the month, surely. But good luck in the meantime.

Whats this picture missing?

post-9102-1167895828_thumb.jpg

If you said a Wii then you are correct....Ding!..Ding!..Ding!

It's getting to the point now that when I am at Best Buy, etc.. looking for one I'm starting to buy misc. accessories for when I do actually find one, I almost bought a game for it the other day, I don't know why...what am I going to do, stare at it :)

According to NPD, about 3.5 million Wiis have already been sold. That's half as many units as the 360 has sold in total after more than a year. And as far as that Blu-Ray player with bonus gaming ability goes . . . hahahaha.

The only potential dark cloud on the Nintendo horizon . . . there's only one game that people really care about and it's the pack-in title. They'd better have some followups and soon. Advanced versions of the sports titles would be nice and if LucasArts get off their asses to make a lightsaber game the damn system will be just as hard to find next Xmas.

I wondering if sega saturn X is still laughing at people who camped for Wiis because, you know, you won't be able to walk into a store without bumping into stacks and stacks of Wiis. Or something like that. ^_^

I've been looking around for Classic Controllers and haven't seen them anywhere, but I'm in no hurry.

I have yet to see any Wii or PS3 systems in any store I have visited. I have seen plenty of 360's and DS Lites though. There seem to be tons of Wii games out already, compared to very few for the PS3.

I was able to buy a 60 gig PS3 from Amazon.com after Christmas, no luck on finding a non-bundled Wii yet. I finally just bought Zelda for the GC, so I am in the camp that I will get a Wii when I see one, but will not go to any extraordinary measures to get one.

yea ive noticed that.. best buy has classic controllers like mad.. still yet to see a wii, wiimote, or chuck on the shelf though. Im glad my mom froze her ars on the second time toys r us had preorders... and to think i told her not to as there would surely be plenty to go around -_-.. boy im glad she didnt listen to me.

I had a pre-order at Toys-R-Us but cancelled as I took the cash I had for the system and a load of games ($600 or so) and plunked it down on a vacation for the end of this month (goin' to Puerto Vallarta)... then I had a phone call from EB as the manager had a shipment in December but I declined as I wanted to pay off the trip instead.

When we get back from out trip in early February, I will be Wii hunting! I wouldn't be surprised if it's still tough to find then! LOL!

Whats this picture missing?

post-9102-1167895828_thumb.jpg

If you said a Wii then you are correct....Ding!..Ding!..Ding!

It's getting to the point now that when I am at Best Buy, etc.. looking for one I'm starting to buy misc. accessories for when I do actually find one, I almost bought a game for it the other day, I don't know why...what am I going to do, stare at it :)

I'll post a picture tonight of a similar picture which describes my current setup.

According to NPD, about 3.5 million Wiis have already been sold. That's half as many units as the 360 has sold in total after more than a year. And as far as that Blu-Ray player with bonus gaming ability goes . . . hahahaha.

The only potential dark cloud on the Nintendo horizon . . . there's only one game that people really care about and it's the pack-in title. They'd better have some followups and soon. Advanced versions of the sports titles would be nice and if LucasArts get off their asses to make a lightsaber game the damn system will be just as hard to find next Xmas.

They look to have a pretty full list of first party games next year. I'm not as up on 3rd party stuff, but you've got wario ware in january, wii play in february, and various others listed as spring releases.

and if LucasArts get off their asses to make a lightsaber game the damn system will be just as hard to find next Xmas.

OMG, I didn't even think about the posibility. That would be the best game ever!!!

I'm lucky enough to have received my Wii straight after Christmas by the virtue of a Target Rain check (Nintendo in Oz are allocating complete shipments to stores at the moment and we were lucky enough to register with Target who were the next in line with Nintendo Oz), even got $10 off.

I completely agree with Nova, the pack in sports games are fantastic (four of us playing all New Years eve, it is so immersive we even forgot to check the time and missed out on midnight - but who cares, our resolution is to do better at Wii Sports :D) and a light sabre game would be brilliant. The controllers are so responsive and the system just begs for a well-designed Star Wars game.

I'm tempted to just get a used Gamecube and say nuts to the Wii for awhile. Unfortunately, those blasted things just refuse to lose their value. (What's up with that, anyway? $60 for a last-gen console that cost $99 new?)

Wow, really!? You could get one around here for about $20. Most be a cost of living differential or something.....

Here is the scoop from Nintendo as I've heard it second hand from a good friend who has a good Executive friend at Nintendo here in Redmond.

The big N wharehouses are empty of all Wii's and accessories (The distribution center is just east of Seattle). Apparently there is a shortage of manufacturing capability at the moment. I've been told that new shipments should hit stores at the end of January and early February... and then another drought until the end of February.

This is what I've been told second hand from a very good source... so don't shoot (flame) the messenger. So I think you folks maybe SOL for a couple more weeks at least. I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong.

With that being said, a colleague of mine got a Wii a few days before Christmas by calling big N and asking them to provide a list of authorized retail shops that carry them in the greater Seattle area. With this list in hadn, they phoned through the list (daily), one-by-one until they hit paydirt.

I lucked out and got one for my son 2 weeks before Christmas. I just happen to walk into a Gamestop on my lunch break just as the UPS man was unloading. They had recieved 9 units, I was 7th in line. I think I waited all of 8 minutes to buy it :D

I must admit, I wasn't big on the Wii (or the PS3) this holiday as I have my 360. But I must say, the Wii is pretty awesome. It really demonstrates that Nintendo knows their bussiness better than anyone else in this industry and really cares about the games. Using the Wimote is a different gaming experience than what I thought it would be. I hope they can follow-up with some more good games other than Wii Sports. The new Zelda isn't bad, but the new control scheme doesn't add much for me, like the Wii sports games do.

-Lee

Edited by Lee Krueger