IGNORED

WTB: Atari Breakout pcb

Marco

Theres a guy in my area that has 50 or so broken arcade machines, all older ones. I would bet money he has a breakout. The cabs are usually in horrible condition and they all have broken/missing monitors. I Think of him as an arcade junkyard. I could check if he has one but there would be no way to test it, his prices are more than fair though so it probably wouldn't cost much, up to you.

do you have the game and looking to replace a non working pcb? because I have one that works...well mostly... one of the counters is screwed up so it doesn't keep score. I know which chip it is I just never got around to replacing it because I got another board for the game. I have actually thought about getting rid of this game several times but never did because the cabinet is in such perfect shape.

Hi,

I have a faulty pcb that I'm looking to replace. It's a modded pcb to play "Breakout Pro", with different types of brick walls. But there are a couple of things that do not work (scoring, sound when hitting the wall, ball is displayed twice). Most of it appears to come from one chip. Also, the big cap appears ready to explode :sad:

Cheers,

Marco

Hi,

I have a faulty pcb that I'm looking to replace. It's a modded pcb to play "Breakout Pro", with different types of brick walls. But there are a couple of things that do not work (scoring, sound when hitting the wall, ball is displayed twice). Most of it appears to come from one chip. Also, the big cap appears ready to explode :sad:

Cheers,

Marco

the cap ready ready to go boom is seems to be a common thing with this board. I have had to replace it on two seperate boards. well the one extra board I have does not score but if you are in a pinch and can't find one somewhere else then I could find the chip and replace it. in the mean time you my want to consider replacing the cap and see id that clears up any of the problems

Theres a guy in my area that has 50 or so broken arcade machines, all older ones. I would bet money he has a breakout. The cabs are usually in horrible condition and they all have broken/missing monitors. I Think of him as an arcade junkyard. I could check if he has one but there would be no way to test it, his prices are more than fair though so it probably wouldn't cost much, up to you.

Hey what kind of stuff does this guy have if you guys don't mind me hijacking the thread for a quick question? :D I'm not looking for anything in particular just wanted to know what he had available.

Hey what kind of stuff does this guy have if you guys don't mind me hijacking the thread for a quick question? :D I'm not looking for anything in particular just wanted to know what he had available.

Heres what I can remember just off the top of my head but remember almost all of them are non working/missing parts/water damaged, etc...

Tempest (regular and Cabaret x2)

Defender Cocktail - This one actually works and looks pretty nice.....I'm debating it :ponder:

Defender Upright

Ikari Warriors

Hard Drivin' and Race drivin'

Omega Race - Cocktail

Pole Position

Rampage

Several old Atari cabs spray painted black (the really old huge ones with B&W)

Crazy Bowl

Theres a few dozen more that I can't recall also a lot of old broken pinball machines and boxes with literally hundreds of PCB's stuffed in them.

Tons of old marquees and just boxes and boxes of old broken looking stuff :cool:

It's kind of fun looking around, reminds of a really cool rumage sale or something.

Oh Hey Rampage!! If he's parting it out let me know!! I need the Marquee, Monitor glass and plastic monitor bezel and wire harness with small boards attracted to it. I'm also looking for the Mario Brother's widebody monitor glass and Bezel and control panel.

I would be up for the Tempest project but probably don't have the money he wants and the shipping to PA would kill me. I'm getting really good at repairing the Vectors now.

Edited by TheBman80