Last night I worked on my Game Gear game. I think I broke it, so I went to sleep. I woke up this morning and tried to do the same thing again, only this time it worked. I thought I had broken the game after that because I tried to get rid of a long pause after you shot the chicken nugget, but I think I fixed what I had. I changed the background of level 1 back to the realistic clouds I had tried earlier. And I also changed the game over screen because I didn't like what I had before.
So what I was trying to do was keep the enemy's projectile on the screen after the enemy had been shot. What I ended up having to do was generate the new enemy once the projectile went off screen to the left, not if the enemy had been shot. I made a new variable to keep track of whether or not to change the enemy and put in its progress. I think it's little things like that that differentiate between good and better games, but if I couldn't have done it I would have kept it the same before.
As a result of this, bank 0 has 36 bytes left, but I'm not worried. If I make changes to bank 0, it should reconfigure the banks to put more room in. Every section of code begins with, for example:
.section "game over stuff" superfree
The word superfree is the key here, that's what makes the code fit. It's like a giant jigsaw puzzle the computer has to do. And I applaud it because it does it in less than one second. Every time.