IGNORED

Whos planning on going to the Midwest gaming classic this year?

jboypacman

Better yet, just know that it's on northbound Harlem Avenue near Montrose, which on the Chicago grid is 4400 North. It's just a tiny bit down the street (on the other side) from the HIP. Its presence is very subtle and easy to miss -- I was driving up and down Harlem Ave. for about half an hour the first time I went there looking for it!

Who had the new 7800 controllers? I could have used some.

Well, according to the MGC map here (yes I kept it :)) I got my 7800 sticks from Video Game Kingdom. He had them under the table in a Rubbermaid/plastic tote, pulled them out when I asked for them (glad I did!)

I know it wasnt Video Games Etc, the map shows THEY were near AtariAge in the corner, & IIRC I wasnt over there when I got them. My wife concurs.

Unless they shuffled vendors around & the map didnt match up...but I dont think so.

Edited by RJ

Well, according to the MGC map here (yes I kept it :)) I got my 7800 sticks from Video Game Kingdom. He had them under the table in a Rubbermaid/plastic tote, pulled them out when I asked for them (glad I did!)

I know it wasnt Video Games Etc, the map shows THEY were near AtariAge in the corner, & IIRC I wasnt over there when I got them. My wife concurs.

Unless they shuffled vendors around & the map didnt match up...but I dont think so.

As you surmised, Videogames, etc. was across from Al. So it sounds like there are a couple of good stores to get 7800 sticks from. :)

$5 each, boxed. I got 3. Also got PS Silverload (orig. longbox) from them, $10. Too bad about the TG-16, I was very satisfied w/ these guys (& all vendors I visited/bought from). Ianoid's a good guy too.

Edited by RJ

I didn't think it was Videogames, ETC as they were right in front of me also and I didn't see them.

RJ said they were stashed under the table. So you wouldn't have seen them even if you were across from Video Game Kingdom. ;)

I think the way the website was done this was kind of rushed, it missed out some details

of the show compared to last year where it had more details. ie. last year they had the layout

up this year they didn't.

Dan, I'm sorry that you believe that the show was run poorly even though you didn't attend. A few points that I would like to tell you based on your comments:

1) The reason the Jagfest shirts weren't everywhere was that they sold out pretty much immediately on Saturday. You didn't provide us with shirts just for selling. Max was wearing one all day on Saturday. If you would like this to have been done differently, you need to do it next time.

2) There are two people running the web site -- Gary and I. You didn't get to attend the show. Over 1600 people did this year, and I didn't hear anyone complain about the web site. We did what we needed to do on it, and focused on areas of larger concern, like ensuring that vendors and exhibitors knew all the details. Yes, it would have been nice to have endless hours to work on the site, but both Gary and I also have regular jobs.

We'll see what we decide to change in the future, but your two complaints that you keep having are both non-issues how I see it.

I think the way the website was done this was kind of rushed, it missed out some details

of the show compared to last year where it had more details. ie. last year they had the layout

up this year they didn't.

Dan, I'm sorry that you believe that the show was run poorly even though you didn't attend. A few points that I would like to tell you based on your comments:

1) The reason the Jagfest shirts weren't everywhere was that they sold out pretty much immediately on Saturday. You didn't provide us with shirts just for selling. Max was wearing one all day on Saturday. If you would like this to have been done differently, you need to do it next time.

2) There are two people running the web site -- Gary and I. You didn't get to attend the show. Over 1600 people did this year, and I didn't hear anyone complain about the web site. We did what we needed to do on it, and focused on areas of larger concern, like ensuring that vendors and exhibitors knew all the details. Yes, it would have been nice to have endless hours to work on the site, but both Gary and I also have regular jobs.

We'll see what we decide to change in the future, but your two complaints that you keep having are both non-issues how I see it.

I responed to you on mgc forum via pm but I'll post it here as well:

1) think back to our e-mails before the show:

I wanted to do at least 6 shirts ,then you added hats then you lessened the order to 5 shirts(which include yours max and garys and 2 shirts to sell (or at least have used for a prize with a hat)

thus the reason why the order forms were made,if you sell out hand the order form and they either pay you or max

or order online( I haven't had an order yet and the sell ends on august 1st on the Tour shirts and hats)

Telling them they can order online is fine as long you tell them where to order it. if you just say you can order it online

they going assume at goatstore.com.(which brings us back to order forms).

2)ok, Iunderstand you got regular jobs,no problem I work retail and I run at least 3 sites:

AVC online,VGS website, and AVC News Stand at cafepress.com.

plus add to that the 4 mailing list sites I run(AVCIL,which is working on having another local meeting in Sept,

Jagfest,JCU's 2 mailing list(1-announcment only 1-discussion)VGS, and even though it basicly inactive AVCVA (might discontinue it or just have randy have control of it))

and yes I had to stop production on the fanzine as well not to mention leave my position as editor so I can have more time to other stuff for the club like VGS and local meetings.

and even my website haven't been upadted regularly but when I have the time I do update it.(ie. like about AVC not being

at MGC but having shirts there and AVC attending CGE not having a table but having the complete Jagfest section catalog/order form at the freebee table)

also on your mgc forum, I did congratulate you on having a great show based on the reports I saw.

Dang, I missed out on it. I live in the twin cities, and could have made it. It surely would have been more entertaining than the the last time I made a road trip to Maidson(er, the area). That was the MNRG vs. Mad Rollin Dolls roller derby bout, which ended up horrible in numerous ways.