IGNORED

What is your favorite "Legend of Zelda" game?

Rhindle The Red

What is your favorite "Legend of Zelda" game?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite "Legend of Zelda" game?

• The Legend of Zelda (NES or GBA)
    • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES or GBA)
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES or GBA)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64 or GCN)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64 or GCN)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (GBA)
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GCN)
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii or GCN)
    • I can't decide. There's too many good choices.
    • I don't really like any of them.
    • I don't know. Never played a one of 'em.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Alot of the ZELDA titles are great...except wind waker hated that game. But by far the best is the NEWEST zelda twilight princess. That game is badass! It make Ocarina of time look sad. Link doesn't look so childish anymore. Its about time they made him look real.

My favorites are:

The original LEGEND OF ZELDA (nes)

The legend of zelda - link to the past (snes)

The legend of zelda - Ocarina of time (n64)

The legend of zelda - four swords adventures (GC)

And by far the BEST OF THEM ALL - The Legend of ZELDA : TWILIGHT PRINCESS. I Recommend anyone who hasn't played Twilight princess yet to do so right away. This is by far the coolest zelda!!! Don't get me wrong i love the originals. But Twilight princess is Tops.

Well I haven't played much of Minish Cap and I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, but so far

5) Link to the Past

4) Windwaker

3) Link's Awakening

2) Ocarina of Time

and my number one vote goes to the original Legend of Zelda. I love love love that game. :lust: As an Atari/Commodore kid growing up Zelda was THE game that made me envious of my friends with NES's. But even playing it now I think the graphics and sounds have aged gracefully. But what I really like about the first Zelda is the openess. Future games in the series held your hand a little more and too many areas were "off limits" until you had the right tool.

Cheers,

Ben

I've played and finished every single Zelda except the cdi ones. My list:

SNES ZELDA (Whatever the name was)

GB/GBC ZELDA (Whatever the name was.. the original that then became Zelda DX)

ZELDA 2 (Yes. Sidescrolling Zelda 2)

Majora's Mask (I really like this of the 3D Zeldas)

I don't really like the Oracle of Ages/Seasons series. NES Zelda 1 for me just hasn't aged all that well.. incredible game though but not in my top 3. And I guess I'd have to add Twilight Princess in there now. It's amazing and epic, but it's still too new an experience to rank it ;)

This was a tough poll. Gotta go with the original. Love the game mechanics and interface. Also, it was my first Zelda and left an indelible impression.

My list:

1 Legend of Zelda

2 A Link to the Past

3 Ocarina of Time

4 Windwaker

5 Minish Cap

6 Link's Awakening

I've finished all on the list except Twilight Princess (still need a Wii), Oracle of Seasons, and Majora's Mask. The Oracle games are probably my least favorite. They're both difficult to pick up where you left off if you put them away for too long :ponder: Plus the dungeons seem to be overly convoluted. Four Swords was okay but I'm not too sure about the replayability on that one. Also, it seemed more like a "variation" or "arcade version" of Zelda than an actual Zelda game.

Edited by Emehr

I never really cared for any of the ones I tried. I much prefer a RPG game like Pool of Radiance. Although, I did enjoy Times of Lore a lot when it came out, and it is very Zelda like. Maybe I just can't get into role playing as a girly looking elf dude. Barbarians with large axes are much more fun!

Cheers!

For me it's easily The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I never got into the 3-D Zelda's at all and I've never played Zelda on a handheld .

Oh bro.. you're missing out if you like SNES Zelda the best, but haven't played GB/GBC Zelda. It's really SNES Zelda part 2 as far as I'm concerned. :) 'Course now though since it's original GB, you might have a hard time getting past the graphics... even I do. But if there's a "handheld Zelda" it's that game. The rest are just ok.

Edited by NE146

For the record, I voted OoT. It was the one that made me the Zelda fan I am today. In fact, Zelda titles are the only ones I regularly buy as soon as they come out, something I almost never do. (I'm too damned cheap!) And that's down to OoT. After that, it's probably Twilight Princess (for its scope and perfect balance), Majora's Mask (for its radically different play mechanics), Wind Waker (for its great story) and then Minish Cap (for it remarkable depth for a portable game). Unlike so many others, it's the 2D Zeldas that I can't get into as much as the 3D ones. Minish is the only one I've managed to finish, although I own them all (plus Japanese Majora's Mask and Four Swords).

I should also point out that I'm playing Twilight Princess on my GameCube. It'll be fun playing it all over again when I get a Wii.

Given the classic gaming nature of AtariAge, I'm not surprised that the original game is winning. But I'm surprised there are no votes at all for the innovative Majora's Mask.

Oh, and I added the systems to the poll.

Im playing Twilight princess on the cube as well. Don't have a Wii yet...Can't find one anywhere. I like TP so much that i will buy it again for the Wii.

For me i have always liked the side scollers the best. But since i played Twilight princess my opinion changed. They are all great in different ways.

Still my favorites are:

1. Twilight princess

2. Link to the past

3. Legend of zelda

4. Four swords adventures

5. Ocarina of time

As far as portable zelda titles:

1. Link's awakening

2. Minish cap

3. link to the past/ four swords

My least favorites are:

1. majora's mask

2. adventure of link

Didn't like WIND WAKER!!!!!!! Worst title in the whole zelda series IMO.

Haven't played Twilight Princess yet, as I don't own a Wii and I can't bring myself to buy it on the Cube.

I never really played the earlier games, since I didn't own any consoles besides the 2600 and 7800 until 2003. There are 4 Zelda games that I've logged serious time on:

Wind Waker

Four Swords Adventures

Minish Cap

Link to the Past (GBA version)

Four Swords Adventures is kind of fun, but basically throwaway. Link to the Past is a great game (and it casts a long shadow on everything that's followed), but I have to admit, coming to it after playing Wind Waker and Minish Cap, it's just too damn hard!

I've finished Wind Waker, and I've beat the first couple of stages of the final Vaati fight in Minish Cap, although I've never made it through the whole thing. (I hate multi-stage final boss fights; same reason I've never finished either Metroid Prime game!)

Wind Waker was absolutely great. I know the cel shaded style polarized Zelda fans, but I for one thought it looked fantastic. I especially liked the way flames and smoke looked... very cool. But for me, Minish Cap is the best there is. It was the first game I got when I got my GBA. I really wanted Metroid Zero Mission, but they were out of it at the place I went to buy it, so I picked up Minish Cap so I'd have SOMETHING to play, and I ended up completely engrossed in it for several weeks.

I own all the Zelda games - my first one was Links Awakening on the GB and I thought it was good.

But it was Ocarina of Time that got me into Zelda big time and since then, I brought every game. I spent a bit of cash getting the GBC games and the 5 game Gamecube disc (had to buy a crap game to get it free in one of our local stores) much to the dismay of my wife.

She got me Twilight Princess on the GC for Christmas and I think it's excellent.

But Ocarina of Time will always be my favourite. I convinced my missus to try a game so she tried A Link to the Past and for two weeks, I had trouble getting her off my DS.

I've got the Phantom Hourglass (DS) on pre-order.

Not played much of Minish Cap although I've completed the first dungeon. Not played the GBC adventures much since my GBC got broken - trying to get hold of a GBA SP just to play these.

I love Majora's Mask, I like it much better than OoT, but I like the first LoZ best. :)

I did just buy Oracle of Ages for GBC; I'm about a third of the way through and I am loving it. :D It'd probably slide into 4th place on the list, maybe move up depending on how the rest of the game goes. :)