IGNORED

It's the Final Countdown to "D" Day... So, What are your predictions?

Chickybaby

Well, if it's a C-section, it's not likely to be a late-night/wee hours operation, so that would kill a lot of our predictions.

My Orthopedic Surgeon wants a non C-Section birth if at all possible, it's the OB that wants the C-Section. So, they are waiting to see what happens with the Surgeons word taking precidence. They just are keeping a close eye on how she is developing and how my hips, lower back and pelvis are holding up. They however aren't sceduling anything and sent in papers for a "normal" birth to the ins co. So, it would probably end up being an "emergency" C-section. The OB that I use has a doctor on staff at all times at the hospital and I've met 5 of 6 doctors and they are all very nice as well as skilled which is supposed to make me feel better. I was also told to have my hospital stuff packed by this month. *sigh*

So far hanging in there. :) I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't scared like all heck though. I don't know personally which I would prefer - I'd probably say neither as far as pain and unpleasantness go, lol, but she's going to be born regardless. I just hope it's quick! :P

They said to bring along music CDs that are relaxing - so far I have Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Tool's Lateralus. :) I'm not sure what else to bring yet.

AC/DC! , Metallica & Led Zep :P

HAHAHA,

Ok seriously, You need to make a mix CD...I dont know how you could cope with

Brain Damage/Eclipse at the end of DARKSIDE... LOL!

I'm sure you have the 70's covered so here's Some other suggestions:

Counting Crows: Perfect Blue Bldgs., Sullivan St., Goodnight Elizabeth

Toad The Wet Sprocket: I will not take these things for Granted, Windmills, Walk on the Ocean, ALL I Want,

All Things In Time, Thankful(Glen Phillips Solo)

Catherine Wheel (Pink Floydish): Ma Solituda, Fripp, (Rob Dickinson Solo) Oceans, My Name Is Love

Keane: Somewhere Only We Know

Sam Cooke: Any Really...Bring It on Home, Love Will Find A Way, Nothing Can hange This Love, Sooth me,

Aint that Good News<You can play this one at the end

Cheers :)

Edited by Phantom

Well, if it's a C-section, it's not likely to be a late-night/wee hours operation, so that would kill a lot of our predictions.

My Orthopedic Surgeon wants a non C-Section birth if at all possible, it's the OB that wants the C-Section. So, they are waiting to see what happens with the Surgeons word taking precidence. They just are keeping a close eye on how she is developing and how my hips, lower back and pelvis are holding up. They however aren't sceduling anything and sent in papers for a "normal" birth to the ins co. So, it would probably end up being an "emergency" C-section. The OB that I use has a doctor on staff at all times at the hospital and I've met 5 of 6 doctors and they are all very nice as well as skilled which is supposed to make me feel better. I was also told to have my hospital stuff packed by this month. *sigh*

So far hanging in there. :) I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't scared like all heck though. I don't know personally which I would prefer - I'd probably say neither as far as pain and unpleasantness go, lol, but she's going to be born regardless. I just hope it's quick! :P

They said to bring along music CDs that are relaxing - so far I have Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Tool's Lateralus. :) I'm not sure what else to bring yet.

Ah!Tool's Lateralus-when I hear that song,it makes me feel like I'm back in the womb.As well as Foo Fighter's Everlong.....love those songs :D

HAHAHA

Hmm, mix CD not a bad idea athough I can store a lot more on the laptop. I listen to seriously just about everything.

Those are actually up my alley, lol.

Although I would add Black Sabbath, Dropkick Murphys & System of a Down. Sure throw in a little Hendrix, Satriani and Vinnie Moore for the guitar.

Maybe add Live, Foo Fighters, Blue Oyster Cult, Greenday, Blink 182, Doors, Offspring, Dream Theater and Queensryche for a little variety. I'm sure I am missing a few. :P

Monty Python for the "comedy" and ohhh Do you think the Hospital staff would find George Carlin offensive? :ponder: :D

Since I have had so many medical tests done I use Lateralus when I get MRI's done. It actually works very well with all teh weird noises the MRI Machine makes and on that album. :)

Great ideas guys. Now does Vodka count as a "clear fluid" since they don't allow food? :twisted: ;) Somehow i don't think I would break open the Everclear since it's so flammable and beer may make me burp too much while light rum would work too since it's clear as well. :cool:

Disclaimer: * Actually I haven't really had anything to drink alcohol wise since I got preggers so I don't want anyone to have a fit,lol. *

HAHAHA

Hmm, mix CD not a bad idea athough I can store a lot more on the laptop. I listen to seriously just about everything.

Those are actually up my alley, lol.

Although I would add Black Sabbath, Dropkick Murphys & System of a Down. Sure throw in a little Hendrix, Satriani and Vinnie Moore for the guitar.

Maybe add Live, Foo Fighters, Blue Oyster Cult, Greenday, Blink 182, Doors, Offspring, Dream Theater and Queensryche for a little variety. I'm sure I am missing a few. :P

Monty Python for the "comedy" and ohhh Do you think the Hospital staff would find George Carlin offensive? :ponder: :D

Good choices! You can play Sabbath to kick start the delivery and progress to some Carlin when you want to curse at the Hubs(because all you chicks get that mean streak when the pain comes LOL!) :ponder: then you progress towards Queensryche at the end and finish it off with some Python, like the Bright side of life...just dont play sit on my face in the rotation as this is just not the time, even in jest lol. Ive done setlists for many an event but never a birth...this could be a whole new carrer for me...I can DJ births! I wonder if the Docs wil let me in the workspace? LOL

Goodluck sweets and it is funny you mention Dream Theater as i just came across a few of their CDs about 2 days ago that i havent listened to in a few years... good work and you have a good taste in music tooo. Have fun! :)