IGNORED

sweetsstuff4u ships boxed game in bubble envelope

holygrailvideogames.com

The feedback system doesn't work anyway. Well, I should say, it doesn't work if no one is being honest about it. Some sellers will blatantly leave a negative feedback if the buyer did the same. Therefore, buyers are weary of leaving negative feedback. However, the same goes for the sellers. They can also be afraid of receiving a negative under fraudulent circumstances. The problem here is a lack of honesty. Unfortunately, we can't necessarily change that, because it is the people who need to change, not necessarily the "system."

Getting back to the original topic... I have purchased from SS4U before, but that is when I was naive to how much Jaguar items were selling for. At that time, his were the best prices, mostly because I couldn't find the items anywhere. That being said, since then, I have learned to be more patient and there will always be better prices than what ss4u wants for his boxed/complete items. One thing to note is the 2 or 3 total items I've purchased from him were, in fact, boxed in priority boxes and arrived in decent condition. However, I will never buy from him again, because I know how inflated his prices are. I was suckered once into buying a rare-ish item from him, but that's my fault, because I wasn't patient enough to wait.

I could say his shipping prices are high, but I was willing to pay them at the time. That's fine if he wants to charge those prices for his games & the shipping -- he just won't ever get another cent from me and I know many others here (and on other boards) who also will not.

His comments made in the Jaguar forum as well as in e-mails & PMs to other members of the Jaguar community continue to hurt him and will for a long time.

If you have had a good experience with him, then fine, continue buying from him. That is your perogative. It is also mine to not buy from him and inform others, who may be thinking of buying from him, of what he has been up to.

I also make it a point that there are ways to beat him on the auctions. Bidding wars are horrible for the buyers, but great for the sellers. Don't get involved in a bidding war with him -- it will simply drive the price up.

If ADOL had an issue with him regarding the games he sent.. why withdraw the neg? The damage was already done..that one I don't understand.

As far as the neutrals.. that one is crazy..looks like he might have harassed the person to give feedback..

I know that screen doesn't look great.. but damn.. he has a TON of happy customers..and even this month 599 positives and 2 Negs..

I am not supporting him..just curious as there has to be more going on here..

That's easy...

I'm sure adol just wanted the negative off of his record. Only way to do that is mutually withdraw them.

Just one of the reasons the feedback system does not work.

It's also interesting to see the latest negative feedback received according to that page...

nissan300zracer left a negative saying the cord was crappy.

After the feedback was left, ss4u retaliated with neg feedback on the buyer saying:

SELLERS BEWARE BUYER TAKES FOREVER TO PAY WHAT A DEADBEAT

As far as I know, isn't the seller supposed to leave feedback after payment is received? Then the buyer is supposed to leave it when he inspects the item on arrival. I know the answer to this, so it's more of a rhetorical question. Basically, the feedback was being held hostage, as others have put it here in this thread.

Also interesting, is nissan300zracer's previous feedback left from a seller states:

instant payment thank you very much A++++++++++++

Anyway, I already know ss4u waits to leave feedback until the buyer has done so first. I've been the buyer and that is how it happened.

I purchased an item from Adol during that slew of Jaguar CD games he sold (of which many went to SS4U and of which that big dispute was about.) The item arrived fine. It took a couple weeks, I think, since he is in France, but it came.

Edit- Oh I also wanted to comment on this:

he has a TON of happy customers..and even this month 599 positives and 2 Negs.

I also left him positive feedback when I bought a few items from him (also the last time I will buy from him.) The feedback system does not work when a buyer and/or seller wait to see if the other leaves positive or negative before leaving their own when the intent is to retaliate, just in case someone leaves a negative feedback.

The real beef I have with him has nothing to do with the feedback system -- it is his comments to the Jaguar community (read his customers) and his hoarding of items only to attempt to resell them at a huge profit and, therefore, control the market that have angered me and turned me off to his items.

Those complaints cannot (and should not) be reflected in his seller feedback, because the feedback is for transactions whose terms you, as the buyer, have already agreed to. If you are the sucker that agrees to pay the outrageous prices of the more rare items, then that is your right and you have already agreed to the terms.

(I use the word "you" in the general sense and did not direct it at you, ItsAtariTime :) )

Edited by viMaster

You certainly cannot go by someone's feedback alone--while a high percentage of positive feedback is good, eBay's feedback system is quite broken. Due to the threat of retaliatory feedback (which sweetsstuff4u has demonstrated he will use), many people are afraid to leave negative or even neutral feedback. So it's really difficult to discern the true nature of a seller until you've dealt with him or her.

In the case of sweetsstuff4u, his posts here, his private threats to me, and his harassment of people (such as that question left in Needle's auction), do more to show his true colors than his feedbak. And using a site such as toolhaus.org will let you dig into someone's feedback for the juicier bits--that is, how a seller deals with the unusual situations. This is where you get to see how someone excels (or doesn't) in customer service.

..Al

Whats to stop him from creating a new account for bidding on auctions? From some of Needle's auctions I see a user with 0 feedback bidding multiple times on the games that net the most money... very suspicious...

Well, can't Needle pull the contact information for any of his bidders? That would be an easy way to see if it's Mike Sweet. Maybe he should exclude 0 feedback bidders from the auctions.

..Al

Funny thing - I guess STFU is upset at not being able to bd - he has started alot of auctions with similar titles as Needles that end before his to hopefully bring down his prices - gotta love him :) - He is taking a loss on alot of the goatari stuff he is selling if the prices dont go up.

Whats to stop him from creating a new account for bidding on auctions? From some of Needle's auctions I see a user with 0 feedback bidding multiple times on the games that net the most money... very suspicious...

Well, can't Needle pull the contact information for any of his bidders? That would be an easy way to see if it's Mike Sweet. Maybe he should exclude 0 feedback bidders from the auctions.

..Al

I know about pulling contact information from bidders, I've considered doing so but it's probably pointless this early in the game, what with over two days left to bid. As for zero feedback bidders, can I do that? I've blocked negative bidders but I've never found the option to block zero bidders. I suppose I should look more carefully.

I'll do what I can on my side to keep things legit, even if it nets me lost bids that pump up the price. This is a matter of principle, not profit.

--Needle

Funny thing - I guess STFU is upset at not being able to bd - he has started alot of auctions with similar titles as Needles that end before his to hopefully bring down his prices - gotta love him :) - He is taking a loss on alot of the goatari stuff he is selling if the prices dont go up.

Man, what a Grade A jerk. At least there is some comfort that he may take a loss on those auctions.

..Al

..Al

I know about pulling contact information from bidders, I've considered doing so but it's probably pointless this early in the game, what with over two days left to bid. As for zero feedback bidders, can I do that? I've blocked negative bidders but I've never found the option to block zero bidders. I suppose I should look more carefully.

It would be interesting to know if this zero feedback user is sweetsstuff4u so people can block him from their auctions if that's the case. You cannot block zero feedback bidders, except to state in your auctions that you will not accept bids from zero feedback bidders. I would not be surprised if doing so is against eBay's rules, though.

..Al

Hey Needle,

You really should verify if it is M. Sweet bidding on your auctions or not.

It is absolutely against eBay policy for a blocked bidder to use another account to bid on an auction from which the bidder is banned.

If a bidder is blocked, that bidder will see a message that a bid is not allowed, and the last line of that message is - and this is directly cut'n'pasted from a blocked bid message on eBay (so the wording and italics are original):

Please note: You may not use other eBay accounts to bid on this seller's listings. Doing so may result in your indefinite suspension from eBay.

Hey Needle,

You really should verify if it is M. Sweet bidding on your auctions or not.

It is absolutely against eBay policy for a blocked bidder to use another account to bid on an auction from which the bidder is banned.

If a bidder is blocked, that bidder will see a message that a bid is not allowed, and the last line of that message is - and this is directly cut'n'pasted from a blocked bid message on eBay (so the wording and italics are original):

Please note: You may not use other eBay accounts to bid on this seller's listings. Doing so may result in your indefinite suspension from eBay.

Good call, I wasn't ware of this policy but that makes sense since it would defeat the purpose of blocking that user in the first place.

..Al

I'm not defending sweets, but if someone only charges $2-4 for 1st class, I don't think it's such a travesty if they ship a boxed game in a bubble envelope. As long as they get a big enough bubble envelope, a boxed game should be fine. It also helps though if you get "fragile" or "do not crush" stamped on it.

He charged $4.99 for first-class shipping. You can ship a boxed 2600 game first class in a box for half that amount. New, appropriate-sized boxes are 50 cents or less if you get them from a packing supplies company. There's no excuse for shipping a boxed game in a bubble envelope when someone paid you $4.99 for shipping.

..Al

This is why I always use Flat Rate Priority Boxs (in the U.S.) there free and it's a set rate, the buyer knows he/she is paying only for the price of shipping and no extra "handling" charges. In most cases for overseas shipping I still use a priority box and I just cover it with Brown packaging paper which is only a couple dollars for a huge roll.

I do not believe the zero-feedback bidder in some of my auctions right now is our culprit. It would appear I am in the clear for the time being. If any other strange IDs pop up I'll double-check those as well.

I'll still do what I can to get SSFU's harrassing "questions" to the attention of eBay higherups.

Boy, I sure created more waves than I was expecting to! :)

usinoh wrote:

In most cases for overseas shipping I still use a priority box and I just cover it with Brown packaging paper which is only a couple dollars for a huge roll.

And the post office does not allow for you to do that. In fact, I see a lot of people in this thread who do this, and wonder why it's wrong? This whole "free" boxes is ONLY for Priority Mail or EXPRESS MAIL, not for anything else.

usinoh wrote:

In most cases for overseas shipping I still use a priority box and I just cover it with Brown packaging paper which is only a couple dollars for a huge roll.

And the post office does not allow for you to do that. In fact, I see a lot of people in this thread who do this, and wonder why it's wrong? This whole "free" boxes is ONLY for Priority Mail or EXPRESS MAIL, not for anything else.

It's not our fault that the P.O. doesnt have priority mail service to our friends overseas. Seems like an marketing opportunity for them.

It's not our fault that the P.O. doesnt have priority mail service to our friends overseas. Seems like an marketing opportunity for them.

I believe that you can also get free boxes for Global Priority, which is a pretty good service. Unfortunately, it's not trackable, so there's an element of risk if you're using Paypal.

Now sweetsstuff4u is asking that I leave him feedback. The only feedback that I would leave would be a negative. I sent him a reply back. Here is his email.

Dear stlouisrams2006,

IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED YOUR ITEM, PLEASE LEAVE POS FEEDBACK, AND I WILL DO

THE SAME FOR YOU!

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR ITEM, AND ARE SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO FIX THE SITUATION.

Screw him...

Tell him you are not happy send him pictures, and ask for a discount. If he can not at least do that... he's a piece of crap.

That's my opinion. I don't give a damn that he was able to ship a few items to one person on this board correctly... he's showing that he does not have customer service. Plain and simple. And that is someone I'd rather not buy from.

The comments above on Needles auctions were enough to prove anybody wrong that 'tried' to support him. He's garbage.

Now sweetsstuff4u is asking that I leave him feedback. The only feedback that I would leave would be a negative. I sent him a reply back. Here is his email.

Dear stlouisrams2006,

IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED YOUR ITEM, PLEASE LEAVE POS FEEDBACK, AND I WILL DO

THE SAME FOR YOU!

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR ITEM, AND ARE SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO FIX THE SITUATION.

So... What did you say in your reply? :)

..Al

What a crock! "THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR ITEM, AND ARE SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE." Just telling him you have it and are satisfied is not a way?

I never implied that no one holds feedback "hostage" (still wish there was a better, less loaded word for it) and I do not condone it by any stretch of the imagination! Especially since buyers should not fear negs, as any seller worth a crap will look at the other side, and retaliatory negs are easy to spot.

Broonale bought some previously, and repaired most of the units, then resold them as working for very reasonable prices (ie. half of what SS4U asks).

I doubt that SS4U has the skills to repair them; he probably just wants to prevent others from repairing them and undercutting his own prices.