IGNORED

sweetsstuff4u ships boxed game in bubble envelope

holygrailvideogames.com

Now sweetsstuff4u is asking that I leave him feedback. The only feedback that I would leave would be a negative. I sent him a reply back. Here is his email.

Dear stlouisrams2006,

IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED YOUR ITEM, PLEASE LEAVE POS FEEDBACK, AND I WILL DO

THE SAME FOR YOU!

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR ITEM, AND ARE SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO FIX THE SITUATION.

Couldn't you forward that to the proper channel at eBay , thus ensuring he(SSFU) plays the hostage game when it comes to feedback?

I don't know , just seems someone , somewhere @ eBay , should be able to help. :?

Edited by ProperRogue

Now sweetsstuff4u is asking that I leave him feedback. The only feedback that I would leave would be a negative. I sent him a reply back. Here is his email.

Dear stlouisrams2006,

IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED YOUR ITEM, PLEASE LEAVE POS FEEDBACK, AND I WILL DO

THE SAME FOR YOU!

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR ITEM, AND ARE SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO FIX THE SITUATION.

So... What did you say in your reply? :)

..Al

Here is what I sent him.

I received your email requesting feedback for this item. An appropriate feedback for this item and the other item that I received from you would be a negative. You have been selling games on eBay for a long time. You should know better than to send a boxed game in a bubble envelope. This game and the other game that I bought from you arrived smooshed. I am very disapointed in this purchase.

Sean

Here is his response.

DO AS YOU MUST, WHAT IS GIVEN IS RECEIVED. THESE GAMES ARE 20 YEARS OLD. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND MORE MONEY FOR SHIPPING, THEN I WOULD SHIP THEM IN A BOX. THE AD STATED “BOX HAS WEAR”, IF YOU WANTED MINT CONDITION GAMES, YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE BID ON THEM. YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT WAS ADVERTIZED. I AM SORRY IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY.

SWEETSSTUFF4U

I go to Florida every year. He is just about an hour from Orlando and not to far out of the way when I travel to Clear Water. I might have to pay a visit to Proud Mockingbird Rd to show him what kind of condition these games arrived in.

Edited by mcgrail0007

Here is his response.

DO AS YOU MUST, WHAT IS GIVEN IS RECEIVED. THESE GAMES ARE 20 YEARS OLD. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND MORE MONEY FOR SHIPPING, THEN I WOULD SHIP THEM IN A BOX. THE AD STATED “BOX HAS WEAR”, IF YOU WANTED MINT CONDITION GAMES, YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE BID ON THEM. YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT WAS ADVERTIZED. I AM SORRY IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY.

SWEETSSTUFF4U

I go to Florida every year. He is just about an hour from Orlando. I might have to pay a visit to Proud Mockingbird Rd to show him what kind of condition these games arrived in.

Wow, is that a threat to leave retaliatory feedback in the first sentence? This guy really needs to learn a few things about customer service. He also needs to learn where the CAPS LOCK key on his keyboard. Does it make him feel more important by typing everything in upper case? I love the bit about "spend more money for shipping" given he charged you $5.00 and shipped it in a bubble envelope for a little over a dollar! Just astounding.

..Al

Honestly, I say leave him the negative feedback. I realize that we all want perfect eBay records, but I would definitely swallow a megative if it meant doing the right thing. If more people did the right thing, SSFU would probably have been long gone by now and we wouldn't be in this mess anymore.

Of course, it's easy for me to say that without being in the actual situation. :) I've now reported harrassment to eBay twice. Mcgrail, I suggest you do the same. It's going to take more than one person to get this guy the boot.

--Needle

Here is his response.

SWEETSSTUFF4U

I go to Florida every year. He is just about an hour from Orlando and not to far out of the way when I travel to Clear Water. I might have to pay a visit to Proud Mockingbird Rd to show him what kind of condition these games arrived in.

Well... I asked for proof of this guy's true customer service...and this to me proves he doesn't care. I was thinking I was going to give this guy a break..

BUT NOT AFTER THIS!!

THIS IS FEEDBACK HOSTAGE!! :x

I have new, pertinent information for you folks.

The account "longears69" is also SSFU. He has bids on several of my auctions. Upon crosschecking contact information, this person lives in the same vicinity as SSFU, i.e. down the street.

All of his bids will be canceled, his account blocked from bidding and a report will be made to eBay.

THIS IS FEEDBACK HOSTAGE!! :x

:? Just leave a negative and get it over with. I really don't see the problem with receiving a negative from a seller. When i buy something on eBay i always check feedback, but if a seller has a few negs and they all come from buying than i don't have any problems with spending my money on his/her items.

If this feedback issue is still a problem, just get two eBay accounts. One for buying, one for selling. Who cares if your buying account has a couple of negs?

(Alternative solution: Leave a neutral sounding positive feedback. Wait until you get one in return. Leave a follow-up comment to your feedback telling exactly what happened. Possible down side: he might neg you after you leave positive feedback). I am also using this 'technique' for sellers that charge too much for shipping. Just exchange feedback as usual, then leave a follow-up comment stating shipping charged vs. actual shipping costs.

I have new, pertinent information for you folks.

The account "longears69" is also SSFU. He has bids on several of my auctions. Upon crosschecking contact information, this person lives in the same vicinity as SSFU, i.e. down the street.

All of his bids will be canceled, his account blocked from bidding and a report will be made to eBay.

It looks to me like your might be right about this account. "longears69" and SSFU. Both leave similar feedback and both live in Florida. If it is the same person then we can get SSFU booted for shill bidding.

Edited by mcgrail0007

It looks to me like your might be right about this account. "longears69" and SSFU. Both leave similar feedback and both live in Florida. If it is the same person then we can get SSFU booted for shill bidding.
Good luck with that: I reported these two IDs as shill bidding in early January, and nothing seemed to happen.

However... if we can get enough people here to email ol' ebay on this... they would have to listen

Imagine if they get an email from 50 of us at Atari Age... and others at DP. I think it would force them to play their hand in this matter

So... after all of this.... Guitarmas... do you see where the hell we were coming from? I'd be interesting in hearing how you could defend him now.

“To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution”

Marcus Aurelius

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”

Marcus Aurelius

So where does the puss that comes out of STFU's mouth fall into your categories above?

However... if we can get enough people here to email ol' ebay on this... they would have to listen

Imagine if they get an email from 50 of us at Atari Age... and others at DP. I think it would force them to play their hand in this matter

So... after all of this.... Guitarmas... do you see where the hell we were coming from? I'd be interesting in hearing how you could defend him now.

Lay off and stay off please.

Broonale bought some previously, and repaired most of the units, then resold them as working for very reasonable prices (ie. half of what SS4U asks).

I doubt that SS4U has the skills to repair them; he probably just wants to prevent others from repairing them and undercutting his own prices.

I'd totally go for those defects if I didn't just want one but then again I probly don't have the knowledge to fix a broken CD unit :/ The escalating prices of Jag CD units have basically kept me for getting one, the more I wait the far out of reach they will become...

“To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution”

Marcus Aurelius

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”

Marcus Aurelius

"A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar."

Mark Twain

Edited by EmOneGarand