IGNORED

BattleSphere

kev187

Damn man, it was a joke, just like the Battlesphere ROM. What is the problem here? Can't take the heat? Sheesh. One good turn deserves another. :D I never talked bad about the stuff that you guys released by the way. Atomix and Dianjag are indeed fine games for the Jaguar, although it would have been alot nicer had you designed your own graphics and some music and all, but still, fine examples of what you can do with the Jaguar CD unit.

• 1 month later...

At the moment I'm writing a review about the game to be released on my site and I was wondering if there are any screens available from the game. I'm in need of pictures that have are actually 640 x 480 pixels. Maybe there are also some of the programmers here that can provide me with information ;)

I'm in need of pictures that have are actually 640 x 480 pixels.
AFAIK, BattleSphere (like other Jag games) runs in approx. 320x240 anyway (a bit more if there's overscanning -- dunno if this game uses it).

Since you're writing a review, I assume you own the game ; a good way to get screenshots would be to connect your Jaguar to a PC TV capture card. This way you won't have to use the same pictures as everybody else. :)

So, people spend hundreds of dollars for a game that really doesn't have an ending.

What the heck does that have to do with anything?

By the way there are lots of better things in life than Battlesphere.

Just not on the Atari Jaguar. Apart from that I agree.

Like I care.

Well, you cared enough to post a comment. :D

As for taking a screenshot, you don't need anything as fancy as a video capture card if you have an ordinary digital camera.

- Play the Jag in a dark room.

- Pause the screen when you want, and hit '1'+'3' to get rid of the 'PAUSE' on-screen message.

- Turn off any lights to get the room as dark as possible.

- Turn off the camera's auto flash.

- Snap away!

I find that doing this I usually get decent-looking photos that can be cropped or enhanced on my PC.

Edited by ls650

I'm in need of pictures that have are actually 640 x 480 pixels.
AFAIK, BattleSphere (like other Jag games) runs in approx. 320x240 anyway (a bit more if there's overscanning -- dunno if this game uses it).

Since you're writing a review, I assume you own the game ; a good way to get screenshots would be to connect your Jaguar to a PC TV capture card. This way you won't have to use the same pictures as everybody else. :)

Sure that would be the best way.. But unfortunately I don't own a TV card and my computer here is pretty weak, maybe he couldn't handle that ^^

I hope that I get a new PC in about three months or something like that. Maybe I can add things then.

So, people spend hundreds of dollars for a game that really doesn't have an ending.By the way there are lots of better things in life than Battlesphere. PATHETIC!!!! Yea go ahead and rip on me for that. Like I care.

P.S.

Played the game. Ho Hum.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So im curious buddy,what do you think about somebody spending money to buy "16" copies of Battlesphere Gold ?????? i plan too,LOL....i guess im really "Pathetic",LOL!!!!!! imagine having that many Scatboxes too,LOL,!!! people spend the money to play the game bottom line... its a "Battlesphere thing"...... :cool:

Buddybuddie if you are serious, I have only one comment. Wow, are you for real? Because hording that stuff is beyond comprehension. I mean the last person paid $1000 dollars for this game. I mean, an Atari JAguar game being worth that much???

Paying that much for the game is pretty crazy, but I would drop that in a moment for the cause it went to. Sometimes it is not about the item but the use of the money spent. In that instance, it was money well spent, and the buyer got a cool game out of the deal!!

Edited by Guitarman

Because hording that stuff is beyond comprehension.
I think there is some merit to this comment. I used to own two copies of BS Classic and played them against each other a few times with a couple of Jaglinked consoles. I only did it a few times and then realized it wasn't something I really needed to do, and I sold one copy for a very reasonable price so that another Jag fan could enjoy it.

If someone holding onto multiple copies of BS is really playing them in networked fashion, that's fantastic - but I think if you're not holding regular network sessions, you should consider selling off your extra copies so that another fan can have a chance to play BS.

Buddybuddie if you are serious, I have only one comment. Wow, are you for real? Because hording that stuff is beyond comprehension. I mean the last person paid $1000 dollars for this game. I mean, an Atari JAguar game being worth that much???

LOL!!! yes im very serious,however $600 is what i have been paying for them on average,however keep in mind that the $1000 one that was ebayed was for a great cause and raised more than usual.... and for the record,its not about the money with me when it comes to the Jaguar :) , but you are right it is alot of money to shell out for a Jaguar game....... :cool:

Because hording that stuff is beyond comprehension.
I think there is some merit to this comment. I used to own two copies of BS Classic and played them against each other a few times with a couple of Jaglinked consoles. I only did it a few times and then realized it wasn't something I really needed to do, and I sold one copy for a very reasonable price so that another Jag fan could enjoy it.

If someone holding onto multiple copies of BS is really playing them in networked fashion, that's fantastic - but I think if you're not holding regular network sessions, you should consider selling off your extra copies so that another fan can have a chance to play BS.

LOL!!! true,but to network(16) one must have everything needed :cool:

Paying that much for the game is pretty crazy, but I would drop that in a moment for the cause it went to. Sometimes it is not about the item but the use of the money spent. In that instance, it was money well spent, and the buyer got a cool game out of the deal!!

AGREED!!!

At the moment I'm writing a review about the game to be released on my site and I was wondering if there are any screens available from the game. I'm in need of pictures that have are actually 640 x 480 pixels. Maybe there are also some of the programmers here that can provide me with information ;)

For Jaguar games? You do realize the typical jag game rez is only 320 x 240?