IGNORED

Rarity Guide for CIB games?

toymailman

Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but the rarity guide here at AA is for loose carts, right? Is there a separate guide for complete boxed games? I ask because I am elated to finally nab a boxed Fun with Numbers and see it has a rarity of 3 in the guide. I have looked for this boxed title for over a year and could not find it at any price, eBay or on-line stores. Whereas carts and manuals are readily available at low prices.

Thank you.

I was thinking that the CIB rarity guide would start from the loose cart rarity guide. Afterall, every CIB game does have the cart too. ;)

So, any individual entry in the CIB guide would be at least the same rarity as found in the cart guide. For example COMBAT. This rarity 1 cart would stay rarity 1 in the CIB list and not change at all. Other titles may increase by one or more points. Fun with Numbers, listed as rarity 3, may be a rarity 6 CIB game because the box seems to be MUCH harder to find than the cart. As for 10's they have no where to go. Unless a scale is made that "goes to 11!" Wow, that would be cool. :D

Can you get things more complicated?

What about a manual loose rarity?

8)

I think we also need a Box no manual rarity guide

:P

It would be to hard to tell how many people thew away combat boxes compared to warlords compared to fun with numbers etc..

It would be interesting to see what box came with what game, if any. Didn't Magicard and Gauntlet come without boxes? Recently someone found a box for Pepsi Invaders, a game that I had always believed came boxless. I think someone should do it so matters are clarified once and for all ;)

I don't believe Magicard came with abox. However, I know Gauntlet has a box.

Did it? I remember reading somewhere that it didn't! Would love to be proved wrong on this ;)

Sometimes I wonder if you really use our database at all, Fox:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=11840

8)

Rom I wouldn't waste your time wondering on my motives or if I do anything at all. Life is far too short as it is ;)

It would be interesting to see what box came with what game, if any. Didn't Magicard and Gauntlet come without boxes? Recently someone found a box for Pepsi Invaders, a game that I had always believed came boxless. I think someone should do it so matters are clarified once and for all ;)

I agree

95% of the boxes is not rare (i.e. every collector will own it at some point in time)

5% of the boxes is rare (i.e. only crazy people will own it)

5% is too much 1% or .5% maybe

I don't know, that might be right for loose carts but I think the percent for boxes is higher. You've got 1% of boxes from the 1% of "truly rare" carts, but then there's at least another 1% of more common carts that for some reason have really rare boxes. For example, Quick Step is only a 5, but for some reason the box is nearly impossible to find. Same with Subterranea, Video Jogger/Reflex, the rarer Xonox carts... every serious collector will have these carts eventually but the boxes are reserved for the less sane.

I agree, a rarity guide for CIB games would be great seeing as there are some R4 games for example loose that if you had the box and manual all of a sudden are more like R6 or R7's and it's not an uncommon thing either. Alot of games are like this and I think some type of guide to this would help the prices stay\go to what they really are worth.

I agree, a rarity guide for CIB games would be great seeing as there are some R4 games for example loose that if you had the box and manual all of a sudden are more like R6 or R7's and it's not an uncommon thing either. Alot of games are like this and I think some type of guide to this would help the prices stay\go to what they really are worth.

I have a feeling someone has been throwing out all of his boxes. Could this be making the boxes rarer? :P

• 3 months later...

Just make a guide for boxes only....

You could use that list for many more situations and thus more useful. A guide of CIB-only would only apply to that one situation and would not help much if you want to value just a box in various combinations of cart or no nart, manual, or no manual, etc.

My 2 cents

• 1 month later...
Music Machine is one worth mentioning, loose that cart is no way a 10 but CIB I would say it easily is a 10. There is more but who has the time :D

No, boxed it's a R11. I have not had a chance to even try to offer someone money for one in almost 10 years. :x

I won't even mention the box and manual to Ultravision Karate. :ponder: