IGNORED

Best Lynx game ever: Round 1.

per

Round 1 Voting pool.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. The 20 Games with best ratings and most reviews in the introduction and the Perpetual Lynx Review Thread.

• Warbirds
    • Chips Challenge
    • Steel Talons
    • Rampart
    • Qix
    • BattleWheels
    • Blue Lightning
    • Zarlor Mercenary
    • Xybots
    • California Games
    • Hydra
    • Toki
    • Klax
    • Crystal Mines II
    • Alpine Games
    • Sokomania
    • A.P.B.
    • Ishido The Way Of The Stones
    • S.T.U.N. Runner
    • Paperboy

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is the 20 Games with best ratings and most reviews in the introduction and the Perpetual Lynx Review Thread.

This voting ends the 1st. of May, and the 15 best voted goes to the next round. I allow you to discuss this time.

If a game got a unrated and positive review, the rate of that comment is set to average positive (7.5)

If a game got a unrated and negative review, the rate of that comment is set to average negative (2.5)

If a review is rated, the rate of that comment is not changed.

After I listed all the games, I found the average rating, and filtered out many of the reviews with this formula:

10 minus Number of reviews = minimum rating to get into the list.

Here is the list after the procces:

Warbirds - I I I I I I 7.417

Chips Challenge - I I I I I 8.3

Steel Talons - I I I I 6.375

Rampart - I I I 8.5

Qix - I I I 8.167

BATTLEWHEELS - I I I 8.167

Blue Lightning - I I I 7.863

ZARLOR MERCENARY - I I I 7.363

Xybots - I I I 7.167

California Games - I I I 7.083

HYDRA - I I I 7

Toki - I I 10

Klax - I I 8.75

Crystal Mines II - I I 8.25

ALPINE GAMES - I 10

SOKOMANIA - I 9.5

APB - I 9

Ishido The Way Of The Stones - I 9

STUN Runner - I 9

Paperboy - I 9

Numbers of "I"s is the number of reviews, and the number to the left is the average rating.

If you miss a game, Too Bad you didn't suggested it in the introduction thead.

Edited by per

The reason why I didn't put those games in is because the games wasn't reviewd enough th the intro thread or Perpetual Lynx Review Thread. The games you have listed there could have been on the list if you had wrote a review about it with rating 10.

WHAT?! No lemmings?

*Middle finger goes up*

Oh...you got Chips Challenge, that's OK then

*middle finger goes down*

:lol: :P :lol:

Lemmings is my favorite as well. California Games is a close 2nd with Chips Challenge not to far behind.

Well this poll is a load of crap..No roadblasters?? not even in the top 20, please, I doubt theres not one person on this site that would say that Roadblasters truely is not a top 20 game. It's very easily a top 20 game, it's very easily a top 10 game. How did Alpine games make it? Yes it may be a good game, but how many copies were sold??? Like 100 not even??

Edited by JagFan422

Don't you understand that YOU was the people that was choosing games for this pool, the only thing was that the tread that was set up to it was used to discussing instead of reviewing. Alpine games went on the list because it got a good rating. I didn't found any reviews about roadblasters.

The games on the list has ben choosed from the relationship between your reviews and ratings. A ideal game should be well known (not just inbetween very active players) and have a high rating. Someones favorite games might have a high rating, but only a few peoples have heard about it.

Edited by per

didnt bother to vote as my 2 fave game are not on the list.

The fact is that the games didn't got into the list because they didn't get enough good reviews on the review page. Can you tell me the name on the two games to see if I have heard about them?

i know your trying to do it differently ,but obviously it isnt working out how u planned.

You're right, The thread that was suposed for game reviews was used to discussion instead.

I still see some value in this thread: which *of these 20 candidates* do you think is the best? For sheer fun and great comlynx play, I gotta go with Rampart. There was a time it was rivaling Starcraft as my strategy game of choice.

FYI my all-time favorite is Malibu Bikini Volleyball. :D

There's a simple problem here: the topic title does not match its concept. You can't take the favorite of 20 titles and declare it to be anything more than that, certainly not the "best Lynx game ever." Who cares if the titles were selected from their scores and number of reviews? If you're speaking to the posters here and accusing them of selecting the games for the poll (which is already ridiculous), you can't assume that all of them enjoy writing reviews for every Lynx game they've played.

If you want to find out what the fanbase thinks is the best Lynx game, it would be best to avoid a poll unless the poll can include every published game on the system. Just ask us what's the best game, then tally up the results.

Oh, and I'd vote for Lemmings if it was here.

Here's another problem, per: in post #12 you indicate you're looking for what people's favorite game is, but in the title you ask for the best game. There's a big difference.

A favorite is something that you enjoy/appreciate more than all others in its class. But that won't necessarily be what you think is the best in its class. If you think of your favorite games and movies and books, don't they have flaws that might be surpassed by other works? Have they achieved greater things than the competition? Or pick your favorite sports team. Do they win the championship more often than all the other teams in their league? Is the team that wins the superbowl/world series/world cup always your favorite?

Of course, you must be able to separate your opinions from objective fact before you can realize this. So which are you looking for: our favorites, or which games we think are the best?

Edited by PFG 9000

So which are you looking for: our favorites, or which games we think are the best?

Well, a combination.

I am mostly looking for the Ideal Game, a game who of course have lots of favorites, and have a good amazing gameplay and game engine.

The games on the list has ben choosed from the relationship between your reviews and ratings. A ideal game should be well known (not just inbetween very active players) and have a high rating. Someones favorite games might have a high rating, but only a few peoples have heard about it.

Well, I'd have to say, even with NO reviews, Lemmings would be well known (since it was on almost every single system ever made, in some form or other) In fact, it's easier to name the systems that this game wasn't on (at least I think it wasn't) than the games it was on. :P

Of course, I took it to be "which is your favorite from this list" and went with it that way.

Well, I'd have to say, even with NO reviews, Lemmings would be well known (since it was on almost every single system ever made, in some form or other) In fact, it's easier to name the systems that this game wasn't on (at least I think it wasn't) than the games it was on. :P

Of course, I took it to be "which is your favorite from this list" and went with it that way.

I am just talking about Lynx games, as if there was no other consoles. I found just one review for Lemmings, and that review was unrated but positive, so I gave it the rating "7.5", so it didn't go into the list because games with one review needed at least the rating of "9" or higher. Anyway, do you know the name of the first system Lemings was released for?

No I don't know what system it was first on (probably PC), I first played it on the PC (or maybe it was a Tandy, or IBM compat?) but the one I remember most fondly was the SNES version :D It's just the lynx version was the only good handheld version (on account of the GG and GB versions only had 10 or 20 lemmings in them)

Edited by Video