IGNORED

New find

Mitch

I mentioned this earlier in the prototypes forum but I'll post it again here in case anyone missed it.

I recently acquired MIA for the 7800, seems to be a pretty fun game. Picture below.

Mitch

Mitch if this is a sick April 1st poke I hate you.

If not, I love you.....long time ;)

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I mentioned this earlier in the prototypes forum but I'll post it again here in case anyone missed it.

I recently acquired MIA for the 7800, seems to be a pretty fun game. Picture below.

Mitch

I second that ....

:-)

Mitch

I second that ....

:-)

You are going to have a entire army after you. Either to hunt you down like a dog or to get a copy of that game.

I've never seen anything like that. Is that an EPROM on the bottom board? Can you tell what size?

I wonder if the graphics data are in that chip? Since Maria cycles are faster than 6502 cycles, they may be less tolerant of delays caused by a ribbon cable. On the other hand, since I don't see any bus interface chips between the ribbon cable and the main board, any capacitance on the ribbon cable would affect on-board cycles just as much as off (even though there wouldn't be resistance to go along with it).

Mitch

An obvious April Fool's gag...

John

Mitch

John

You're just a trouble maker! What a minute, aren't you the guy who.....never mind.

:)

Allan

Mitch

John

:ponder:

No comment...

Mitch

Hi Mitch

:) :) :) :) :)

To believe this,i need a bin file.

greetings Walter

That'd be nice but it'd take more than that to convince me.

I remember the year when the Turbo "Prototype" (2600) got discovered on April 1. There was a bin file that day too. We played it. We also had cake. :D :P :cool:

Edited by rockman_x_2002

Wasn't the problem with MIA that the DP guys kept saying they couldn't figure out how to make a cartridge of it? It looks like a plain old 144K cart, though with that strange (but cool) adapter board for the ROM. GMAFB!

And I have some reason to believe this is real, because I knew Mitch was up to something involving a 144K game a few weeks ago. Announcing it on April 1 just totally kicks ass.

I love that adapter board. I understood it immediately, then understood why I never though of it before: because you can't exactly fit it in a cartridge case. And there's no point in breaking it up into four 27256 roms unless you're living in 1986.

I love that adapter board. I understood it immediately, then understood why I never though of it before: because you can't exactly fit it in a cartridge case. And there's no point in breaking it up into four 27256 roms unless you're living in 1986.

That or whoever had it said it wouldn't copy cause they just didn't know how to wire a 2megabit chip into a 32pin slot :lol: But who knows, Mitch still might be pulling all our chains. :|

Its an Atari 1MB Emulator board that was used to test games for 7800 and for XE, you would plug it into either appropriate cartridge board and you could then plug that board into the console or XE (depending of course on the cartridge adapter) and test the game code.

On the XE side I found several of those with Bionic Commando, Mean 18 Golf and MidiMaze all for the XE and sent them to SunMark who made cartridges out of them and later on B&C and Video61 started selling them too...

Curt

I've never seen anything like that. Is that an EPROM on the bottom board? Can you tell what size?

I wonder if the graphics data are in that chip? Since Maria cycles are faster than 6502 cycles, they may be less tolerant of delays caused by a ribbon cable. On the other hand, since I don't see any bus interface chips between the ribbon cable and the main board, any capacitance on the ribbon cable would affect on-board cycles just as much as off (even though there wouldn't be resistance to go along with it).

That cable should be short enough. It's no more than 3 inches long. I've gotten a 2600 to work with a breadboard with a cartridge board that had a 3-inch cable plugged into a socket.