IGNORED

New find

Mitch

man, usually these have fake rom images or pictures at least. this time just a cart-board picture? heck might even be real this time? or ? :)

Real 100 percent.

Don't feel bad, man!!

THINK for a second.....

If you were to find a prototype for Electrocop, wouldn't it make better since to release it to the public on April 1?

I mean, really it would suck to release it any other day, right?

MIA

There are three levels of play; novice, standard and expert.

Controls

There are two modes; normal mode and combat mode.

In normal mode moving the controls left or right will move you in that direction, pushing down will make you crouch.

Pressing either controller button while moving will cause you to jump in that direction.

Pressing either controller button while holding the controller in either the lower left or lower right position

will cause you to make a longer jump. (Note: jumping is faster than walking)

In combat mode you again move by pressing the controls left or right.

Pressing down will cause you to duck and pressing up will cause you to jump straight up.

Pressing the left controller button will cause you to kick, pressing the right controller button will cause you to punch.

To fire the machine gun move the controller toward the enemy and press either fire button.

While traveling in the boat pressing left or right will control the speed of the boat.

Pressing up or down will aim the gun toward the mines in the water or the guards on shore.

(Note: There is a bug if you knock a guy to far off the screen that he won't return and you will be stuck)

The cheat codes are still enabled in the release.

The left difficulty switch enables invincibility while in the right position,

moving it to the left position returns it to normal mode.

(Note: The score area turns red when invincibility is enabled)

The right difficulty switch is used to select the starting level.

When set in the left position it will cycle through all of the levels.

Moving it to the right position will select the currently displayed level.

(Note: You can only use the level select at the start of the game, once the game is started you can no longer you use it)

LEVELS

Phase 1

Escape

Part 1

Freedom Quest

In this section you are breaking out of prison camp and rescuing other POWs on the way.

The background is the prison camp; you get to fight several types of guards, though they pretty much boil down to guys with guns and guys without guns.

Some of them are smarter than others though. Duck while they're trying to shoot you and then rush them!

Part 2

Bridge of Fire

You are outside the prison camp now. Make a run for the bridge but watch out for the boss with the flamethrower, sometimes they are two of them.

There is food and ammo scattered around on this level that you can pick up when you aren't fighting but it doesn't seem to affect you.

Part 3

Suicide Falls

You have arrived at the top of a cliff with a waterfall, you need to get down to the bottom so you can continue your quest.

Carefully jump from rock to rock until you make it safely to the bottom. There are no enemies on this level so take your time and make careful jumps.

Phase 2

River Run

Part 1

You have made it to the dock, take out a few more guards and you will find a boat with a machine gun.

Hop in and take it for a ride down the river but don't fall asleep, there are more guards on the bank armed with bazookas as well as mines in the river.

Shoot all of the guards and mines and you will make it safely to your destination.

Part 2

Brave Bulls

You start off this level with the machine gun you kept from the boat.

As you travel through the rice patties take out more guards.

Be careful not to waste your ammo! Watch out for guards trying to use your tactics.

Some of them will duck while you are trying to shoot them, wait for them to start to rush you and then let them have it.

Phase 3

Rescue

Part 1

Jungle Barrier

As you travel through the jungle fighting more guards, watch out for the pit traps.

If you fall in you will lose your life. Jump over the pits and continue on your way,

make sure to jump over the river too. The currents are to strong, if you try to swim across you will drown.

Part 2

Liberty for All

You pay a visit to another prison camp to free more prisoners.

Beat up some guards so that you fellow soldiers can make it to safety.

In the last hut is a lady who gives you a kiss before fleeing into the jungle.

Phase 4

Evasion

Part 1

Skyline Frenzy

Travel across the rooftops to evade detection. Silence any guards you come across and I mean silence them permanently.

Jump over the roof exhaust vents as well as gaps between buildings, falling to your death will not help you complete you mission.

(Note: There is a minor bug in this level where you will enter combat mode before you can jump across one of the vents,

since you cannot jump across while in combat mode you will be forced to sacrifice a life to try again.

If you are aggressive on this level you probably won't run into the bug)

Part 2

Next Floor Hell

There don't seem to be any guards around right now so jump onto the rope and slide down to the sewer.

Part 3

Underworld Excursion

As you travel through the sewer battling yet more guards watch out for gaps in the ground.

The sewer is below and if you fall in you will surely perish.

(Note: There are massive collision detection problems on this level.

It's not too bad at the start but it gets progressively worse.

The graphics for the holes in the ground don't line up with where the game thinks they should be.

It also can change when a new enemy appears. By memorizing where the holes really were I was able to make it quite a ways through the level,

but unfortunately not far enough to complete it.)

Phase 5

Embassy Liberation

Part 1

City of Sin

Take out a few guards before facing the boss, that's one nasty looking boss!

(Note: There is no collision detection when you face the boss, you can't hit him and he can't hit you)

Part 2

Death Ambassador of Drugs

Now we're at the embassy; Time to take out a few more guards before confronting the ambassador.

These guards are tough, no wonder they were chosen to guard the ambassador! OK, there's the ambassador,

he doesn't seem to want to fight? Why does he keep offering me drugs?

There's only way to answer guys like him, beat him into the ground!

A few random notes about the game.

It is based on Alien Brigade engine.

It does not work on PAL 7800s, it crashes at the title screen.

It also does not currently play properly in any emulators.

Mitch

mia1.jpg

mia2.jpg

mia3.jpg

mia5.jpg

mia6.jpg

mia7.jpg

mia9.jpg

mia10.jpg

mia11.jpg

Awesome. Thanks, Mitch! The mysteries are starting to unfold.

Interesting that it's based on ALIEN BRIGADE. I thought it had "that look" when I saw the screens shots. Not that this is a bad thing ... AB is one of the best looking 7800 titles.

Can't wait for the Cuttle Cart Rom! Cheers

Awesome. Thanks, Mitch! The mysteries are starting to unfold.

Interesting that it's based on ALIEN BRIGADE. I thought it had "that look" when I saw the screens shots. Not that this is a bad thing ... AB is one of the best looking 7800 titles.

Can't wait for the Cuttle Cart Rom! Cheers

Don't start getting me all upset about the lack of a CC2 in my collection again :evil:

I can't wait for a cart to be made for me to buy :D

Does the rom work in a CC2?

POST IT!!!!!

Is that a request or an order, General Danno? ;-)

Not an order no, but why all the secrecy? Mitch has it in his hands, and it's obviously playable, because he's posted screens and is playing it.

Since he's not the copyright holder on it, and he's not going to release the game for profit - why not release the ROM?

He already confirmed it's dumped, because he's tried in in a few emu's.

Not an order no, but why all the secrecy? Mitch has it in his hands, and it's obviously playable, because he's posted screens and is playing it.

Since he's not the copyright holder on it, and he's not going to release the game for profit - why not release the ROM?

I can't speak for Mitch, but here's a couple of thoughts

1. The ROM may not work with a Cuttle Cart either without a specific driver.

2. The ROM doesn't work with any emulators and it may take some work to get them to do so.

3. Amidst real-life, these things take time. We all know what it's like when someone (as part of a hobby) commits to a date and then has to miss it. They're hounded. Ask Cafeman! ;-)

Mitch has already done more in a month than the previous owner shared in several years.

Patience ...

Does the rom work in a CC2?

POST IT!!!!!

Is that a request or an order, General Danno? ;-)

Why don't you ask Mitch what he paid for the prototype and maybe send a few bucks his way?

Same goes for anyone begging for the ROM.

Is it fun? Well yes, I think it is. There aren't any games that at least one person doesn't like but I'm guessing most people will find it fun to play. Playing it with invincibility turned on kills the fun though, so leave it off.

Danno, don't worry it won't be much longer, I just have a couple more things to take care of first.

Mitch

Is it fun? Well yes, I think it is. There aren't any games that at least one person doesn't like but I'm guessing most people will find it fun to play. Playing it with invincibility turned on kills the fun though, so leave it off.

Danno, don't worry it won't be much longer, I just have a couple more things to take care of first.

Mitch

Good answer Mitch.

After all, it's all about the games.

And yes, I'd buy it burned onto a cartridge, and I'd play it!

Mitch

Good answer Mitch.

I'd buy it burned onto toast if it'd play.

I don't care if it's good or if it isn't. I'm a 7800 fanboy and if it exists, I'll find something to like about it.

Mitch

Good answer Mitch.

I'd buy it burned onto toast if it'd play.

I don't care if it's good or if it isn't. I'm a 7800 fanboy and if it exists, I'll find something to like about it.

go right ahead......

While your games are sealed in bags and boxes, mine will be played and enjoyed.

While your games appreciate in value, mine will be played by myself and my friends!

So go ahead 'fanboy' and buy your investment grade videogames to feed your obsessive compulsion towards completeness!

The secondary market needs us both.

I need some help with apricating GATO for the 7800 can you help me? :rolling: :P

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I need some help with apricating GATO for the 7800 can you help me? :rolling: :P

I need some help appreciating GATO on any system :lolblue: