IGNORED

Is this where Atari collecting is going?

DeusExMachina

Take a look at this Boxed Jedi Arena on Ebay. I hope this is not they way we are headed!

These grading companies are getting ridiculous. Pretty soon there will be a grading company for grading companies.

$150.00!!!!!!!! :-o Thought for sure this would have been an auction by (beep4me) (bargains used and new)

Thats CRAZY! The item sold with buy it now! A Star Wars Arcade Sealed doesn't even get that much! I am flabbergasted right now! I guess this one will be on the next www.atari2600.com newsletter as costly mistake. I have 2 of these sealed and both i spent less than $20 on! :roll:

Tempted to throw one up now! :lol:

The seller is freakin brilliant. The guy realized that Star Wars fans are super picky about only getting graded items. In getting his game graded he found a new market for these people. As far as is this a thing to come. Well the fact the guy was able to get $150 for this tells me that atleast with the 4 Star Wars games you can expect this to start happening on a regular basis from here on out. I still think that 97 percent of Atari 2600 games are safe though from getting graded but I do believe it will spread out to these other games so get ready.

1. Star Wars Jedi Arena

2. Star Wars The Arcade Game

3. Star Wars Death Star Battle

4. Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back

5. Spiderman

6. Superman

7. Halloween

8. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

9. Pete Rose Baseball

These are the games that I believe have forever changed because of this auction.

Edited by homerwannabee

The seller is freakin brilliant. The guy realized that Star Wars fans are super picky about only getting graded items. In getting his game graded he found a new market for these people. As far as is this a thing to come. Well the fact the guy was able to get $150 for this tells me that atleast with the 4 Star Wars games you can expect this to start happening on a regular basis from here on out. I still think that 97 percent of Atari 2600 games are safe though from getting graded but I do believe it will spread out to these other games so get ready.

1. Star Wars Jedi Arena

5. Spiderman

6. Superman

7. Halloween

9. Pete Rose Baseball

These are the games that I believe have forever changed because of this auction.

The buyer was just a dumb ass, sealed Jedi Arena games are a dime a dozen. Anyone can get something graded.

1. Star Wars Jedi Arena

5. Spiderman

6. Superman

7. Halloween

9. Pete Rose Baseball

The buyer was just a dumb ass, sealed Jedi Arena games are a dime a dozen. Anyone can get something graded.

You know I thought the same way when the first Atari 2600 with a synthcart and keyboards sold for $130, but to my surprise it is a pretty common thing to see this sell for $149.99 on a regular basis. :ponder:

Also one more thing Crazyclimber. We know this because we have been in the industry for awhile but to a Star Wars fan who only buys AFA this is a pretty rare occurance. I do not think people in our industry will be buying this, I think people in other industries are going to be going after this sort of thing.

Edited by homerwannabee

1. Star Wars Jedi Arena

5. Spiderman

6. Superman

7. Halloween

9. Pete Rose Baseball

You know I thought the same way when the first Atari 2600 with a synthcart and keyboards sold for $130, but to my surprise it is a pretty common thing to see this sell for $149.99 on a regular basis. :ponder:

Also one more thing Crazyclimber. We know this because we have been in the industry for awhile but to a Star Wars fan who only buys AFA this is a pretty rare occurance. I do not think people in our industry will be buying this, I think people in other industries are going to be going after this sort of thing.

I would have took the 15 seconds to do a completed item check, thats how I would have known :)

I do not think people in our industry will be buying this, I think people in other industries are going to be going after this sort of thing.

You make it sound like Atari collecting is some sort of business venture :ponder:

Fact is 85 percent of my games are loose. And another interesting fact is that all the games I listed I do not have boxed. If this thing takes off with these games I don't see how I stand to gain. :ponder: