IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Completed

Albert

I'm using FireFox 2.0.0.1, JavaScript fully enabled....weeeeeird...(and switching editors still doesn't bring up the options...)

Try erasing your cache--there is a ton of new Javascript and many of the files are the same name. Please let me know if that makes a different.

Worked. :cool:

Thanks!

Underneath the post editor is an "Attachments" section. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like for me in Firefox. Are you not seeing this?

It wasn't showing up before, but I've cleared my cache again, and now it's showing up.

However, now I'm getting the following error on the forum pages:

post-7456-1177937920_thumb.png

PS-- I cleared my cache again, selected "Disable script debugging (Other)" in IE, (the "Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)" option was already selected), and now I'm not seeing the error.

On the other hand, I just tried to add this PS with the quick edit, and it wouldn't take. :?

Al, I know you don't like it, but how about letting the names of the members online keep on sorting like it is now? I like it as I can quickly glance who is posting currently or who is mostly offline. Anyhow if that could be a personal preference option it'd be sweet.

Yes, I am going to fix that. The default for the forum is to sort the member names by the order of their "last click". It boggles me why someone thought that would actually be useful. I had to make a code change previously in order to sort members in alphabetical order, which I forgot to bring over to the new software. I'll be fixing that today. :)

..Al

Um.. I have to be missing it.. but once I log in, all the messages are nested. How do I convert it to flat as it was before?

Dammit, looks like the orange buttons at the top of the page are missing when viewing threads in "Outline" mode. Will fix this, and once I do you can then switch back to "Standard" mode. You might be able to fix it by erasing your cookies and then logging back into the forum. I would also clear your browser's cache.

..Al

Was there a personal gallery before? I got to try that out.

~Omega

Yes there was a personal gallery before... but for some reason now you can't upload... or at least I can't... it keeps telling me I am not authorized to do that. :(

I also think at some point every PM I sent was tracked by default, now it asks on each individual one, and I am not really sure how to change this back to default again.

Ahh well... I know that with all "new" software there are lots of things that need to be worked out... so I will be patient! :)

Edited by JellE

Yes there was a personal gallery before... but for some reason now you can't upload... or at least I can't... it keeps telling me I am not authorized to do that. :(

I have fixed this problem, so please try uploading again to see if you have the same issue.

I also think at some point every PM I sent was tracked by default, now it asks on each individual one, and I am not really sure how to change this back to default again.

No, that was not the default before, but it is something I am considering enabling by default.

Ahh well... I know that with all "new" software there are lots of things that need to be worked out... so I will be patient! :)

More than I expected, that's for sure, but it won't take me long to get everything fixed (at least I hope). :)

..Al

You are doing an outstanding job Al!! I know I appreciate all the work you do, as I am sure everyone else does as well. :)

Tested the upload... let me upload to the gallery... so I am guessing it works everywhere now! :)

Thanks again!!

Edited by JellE

There is a problem with email notification, the subject is now always the same: Topic Subscription Reply Notification (AtariAge).

Previously the subject contained the topic title, which was much more convenient.

Yeah, this was another change I had made to the old forum software. I need to dig that up and see what I did (I remember it being "non-obvious") and bring it over. I've added it to the list. :)

..Al

Are the photo thumbs working btw or do we need to upload something again? I see mine and others appear as red X... that's when you click on the handle of a member within a thread like this...

Edited by Mayhem

No, that was not the default before, but it is something I am considering enabling by default.

..Al

That would be extremely useful. Makes sense to me or at least an option to default all your PM's to auto tracking.

Well, after an hour and a half of hunting, I found a slow query that was being run for each topic view: the Similar Topics box at the bottom of each thread. The query was basically doing this:

SELECT * FROM ibf_topics WHERE tid22003 AND approved=1 AND forum_id IN (38,39,44,42,40,24,46,50,51,52,53,54,55,60,59,64,69,77,78,79,56,66,67,68,16,3,4,13,14,19,12,20,17,21,36,18,5,8,23,9,26,10,15,29,11,30,70,6,61,27,25,72,31,65,73,75) AND (title LIKE 'wanted%' OR title LIKE 'rare%' OR title LIKE 'vectrex%' OR title LIKE 'items%') ORDER BY last_post DESC LIMIT 0,5

where it should have been doing this:

SELECT * FROM ibf_topics WHERE tid 22003 AND approved=1 AND forum_id IN (38,39,44,42,40,24,46,50,51,52,53,54,55,60,59,64,69,77,78,79,56,66,67,68,16,3,4,13,14,19,12,20,17,21,36,18,5,8,23,9,26,10,15,29,11,30,70,6,61,27,25,72,31,65,73,75) AND MATCH(title) AGAINST ('wanted rare vectrex items') ORDER BY last_post DESC LIMIT 0,5

The first query took 2.67 seconds to run, the second 0.06 seconds to run. I also added another index to the ibf_topics table (there is one row in this table for each topic) which also helped. Since this query was being run for every single topic view, it was slowing things down tremendously. I'd been watching the server load slowly creep up all day (it was hovering around 5 or 6 before I did this) and as soon as I implemented this change it went back down below 1 (which is where you want it).

Now to fix more stuff that's broken.

..Al