IGNORED

White Jaguar Cases

4tez

OK, cool! :cool: I'd prefer plain clear over any tints such as smoke. See what you can do. If your using the Original molds then the light surface texture present will provide some diffusion, so there's no reason to add smoke tint, unless people want one of those clear/w smoke tint Nintendo64 style cases. I think plain Clear would be best (because I don't want a light GREY console) & make the case look almost invisible and the whole thing will glow red with the LED light on, or change colors if you have a multicolor LED in there, or perhaps a blacklight one would look cool with a transparent case. A super bright red diode would be cool too that would really make the case glow, and is the Jaguar color.

Edited by ovalbugmann

Whatever it is, a transparent color would be amazing!

If the consensus is clear, then clear it is and put me down for one. If it's the transparent smoky color, so be it, put me down for one. If it's transparent any other color, put me down for it :D

On another note, I would love a CD housing in the same color...

And we should talk about cartridges as well... maybe in another thread, though... and controllers if you have those molds... yeah, controllers :D

I'm greedy, I guess.

walter_J64bit:

I like to get a clear case.

ovalbugmann:

I personally would like a CLEAR original style case, for the Jaguar base unit, CD unit, or cartridges.

BuddyBuddies:

i want at least 10 of what he wants,LOL, same idea man,please make some clear ones!!!!

Shawn Sr.:

I would buy a clear one for the $39.99 your asking.

Clear cases could be smoked by the users with automotive spray-on tint.

Crystal clear!

Clear or Dark Blue would be win.

My vote goes for crystal clear too :D

:D :lust: 8) Yeeeih, Das wut ahmm sayyin', Yo :) Come ooonnn CLEEAAAR! No tints! :P

You Guys know what's up. huh ;)

Edited by ovalbugmann

walter_J64bit:

I like to get a clear case.

ovalbugmann:

I personally would like a CLEAR original style case, for the Jaguar base unit, CD unit, or cartridges.

BuddyBuddies:

i want at least 10 of what he wants,LOL, same idea man,please make some clear ones!!!!

Shawn Sr.:

I would buy a clear one for the $39.99 your asking.

Clear cases could be smoked by the users with automotive spray-on tint.

Crystal clear!

Clear or Dark Blue would be win.

My vote goes for crystal clear too :D

:D :lust: 8) Yeeeih, Das wut ahmm sayyin', Yo :) Come ooonnn CLEEAAAR! No tints! :P

You Guys know what's up. huh ;)

I´m also voting for a clear version.

I´d love to buy one!!

Assuming the clear or smoke cases are made and sold...

how easy will it be to gut an existing Jaguar and transfer the innards to a replacement shell?

Very!

A Phillips screwdriver is all that is needed.

Needle nose pliers are a plus to open the shielding cage.

Assuming the clear or smoke cases are made and sold...

how easy will it be to gut an existing Jaguar and transfer the innards to a replacement shell?

If the mould has not been changed since Atari used it to make Jaguar cases, it will be very easy to do. Basically the complete Jaguar electronics are held by 4 screws only after you have opened the existing case. You do not even need to open the shielding which is around the board as the 4 screws are accessible from the outside.

Should work like a charm... :)

im sure will get an update soon :) ,lets give him time. anyway (IMHO),we should try to get him to do limited runs of every color thats wanted. the clear ones should be first because the majority favors them :) im sure Mark is looking into his options and what not. the transfer would be easy to do,lol,now it will be a race to buy extra jaguars on ebay,lol......it would also be cool to buy complete mold sets including the CD player and possibly/hopefully a controller mold(s) as well,im looking forward to see how this turns out!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's all good guys, lets just give him some more time to take care of necessary things on his end, he knows we want several CLEAR Jaguar cases, :P :) and is probably gathering materials (very clear plastic), and getting ready to bring the Jaguar case maker back on line for our limited run. We've waited years for this so, I don't feel a need to rush him, he'll get back to this thread when he's ready to take orders, I'm sure. :cool:

You've heard it a million times: Patience is a virtue.