IGNORED

White Jaguar Cases

4tez

And since the OP has logged into the board, but not bothered to say anything here, I guess he enjoys seeing us spin our wheels while he does nothing. What other explanation could there be?

If 4Tez has logged in here recently and not posted in this thead to update the JagCase situation then that sucks :( , but for some reason I am holding out hope that he can make those clear Jag cases for us. :D I'd like to think this is legit, but if we start getting a little more demanding to try and force the issue by calling his father multiple times or flooding the company with email, or using stronger words - we might compromise the deal. Although, I almost feel like doing that, but won't. I'm willing to wait a few more months :P, before I start to push a little harder. However, there is nothing wrong with "few" people contacting the company with friendly reminders of the promises that were made. 4Tez specifically said; "Do not contact the company with this" - I wonder why he said that if he intended to leave us hanging?

They have the "original" Atari molds and machine for the Jaguar Base unit, JaguarCD unit, and cartridges. Think of how cool it would be to have clear cases for everything! :cool: The LED light would probably make the whole unit glow red with the lights off! :D

Well, I think I've sent a total of three emails over a span of months, with not a single reply, which I find really discouraging. I did make one phone call, and as I said before, got the guy's father. He was friendly, and there was nothing bad about the talk we had. From what I can recall, it seems his son may have started something here he wasn't able to or capable of handling.

I fully believe they have the molds he said they have - the console, CD unit and cartridges. And they have the originals, not just as they were modified for their camera system. But also, from what I can remember, he said an order would have to be in the hundreds to make producing them worthwhile. We can't have an order here and there, and a bunch of "gee, I want ones" who never actually order or pay. So that could be an obstacle to doing this, if it ever were to happen.

Again, I don't see any problem with people calling or emailing, provided they are polite and professional about it. But I think this deal is dead at this point anyway.

I think the idea here is to make it clear that when they are done with the molds that there are people that would buy them.

After that, we can make a clear case Jaguar. ;)

Well, buying the molds from them would be a whole other proposition. I guess we have some folks in our "community" capable of such a thing. I wouldn't be one of them. They would have to negotiate that with Imagin.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys, its been awhile since i gave you an update on the cases, and i noticed that there have been some harsh things being said, but yes these cases are real and we do have some. The issue that I have run into is the fact that in order for my fathers company to create an order of smoke/clear cases he needs an exact number of how many to produce. It is known that there is a want, but if in fact there is such a low number of cases that are demanded then we will not produce them as they will cost far more than if we were to make a large amount of them.

So for now what I can do for you guys is help distribute the white cases we currently have, and if in fact you guys are able to give me an exact number of who would like to purchase another color that may convince my father to order them for resale. Pricing for the white cases will be figured out in the either today or in the next few days, for we are getting them ready to be sent out.

I will now create a new forum asking the number and color of pieces you would like to purchase, from there I will total them and present them to the company. If all goes well and there are enough they will be produced within the next month. I can really use your help on this, as the company really has no need to do this, I personally went out of my way to help your community, and ensure the life of the jaguar last.

Thank You,

Mark

marky136@gmail.com (because i like gmail)

Dragonstomper you are very creative by the way 4tez = for tease? hahahaha

4Tez, why start another thread asking which color we want? There are already 5 pages here in this thread of people asking for CLEAR cases to be made, just add up all those requests of people that already said they will buy a CLEAR case. Is it necessary for them to repost their color choice again in your new thread? Unless, your going to ask for pre-payment on the CLEAR order, you can't be assured people that tell you their color again over there, will actually pay you, any more than the people that already asked for CLEAR in this thread. Just because it's been some months since you posted doesn't mean we still don't want the CLEAR cases.

BTW, Only one or two people, I see, mentioned smokey clear, so I wouldn't consider that color, just ABSOLUTELY CLEAR!!!

Jaguar fans get harsh because we get too many false promises.

It isn't always someone goading us intentionally.

Many people come up with great ideas and want to share their excitement.

Then nothing happens!

Don't take it personally. We are all just grouchy, old nerds!

hey guys, its been awhile since i gave you an update on the cases, and i noticed that there have been some harsh things being said, but yes these cases are real and we do have some. The issue that I have run into is the fact that in order for my fathers company to create an order of smoke/clear cases he needs an exact number of how many to produce. It is known that there is a want, but if in fact there is such a low number of cases that are demanded then we will not produce them as they will cost far more than if we were to make a large amount of them.

So for now what I can do for you guys is help distribute the white cases we currently have, and if in fact you guys are able to give me an exact number of who would like to purchase another color that may convince my father to order them for resale. Pricing for the white cases will be figured out in the either today or in the next few days, for we are getting them ready to be sent out.

I will now create a new forum asking the number and color of pieces you would like to purchase, from there I will total them and present them to the company. If all goes well and there are enough they will be produced within the next month. I can really use your help on this, as the company really has no need to do this, I personally went out of my way to help your community, and ensure the life of the jaguar last.

Thank You,

Mark

marky136@gmail.com (because i like gmail)

Dragonstomper you are very creative by the way 4tez = for tease? hahahaha

Thanks for getting back to us.

I will look forward to your announcement on the white ones for sale. If anything, I will buy one just to help put people's minds at ease that this is a legit thing going on :)

so the other forum is helping quite a bit, i am just giving some time to get all responses, i know some people dont come on all the time. For the white cases, we are currently seeing what we have in stock, and counting the amount so i can relay the info to you guys. there were some off color cases from the original case molds that were painted (special editions lol) but hopefully my father will get them all out within the next day or two and give me a price to sell them for.

so the other forum is helping quite a bit, i am just giving some time to get all responses, i know some people dont come on all the time. For the white cases, we are currently seeing what we have in stock, and counting the amount so i can relay the info to you guys. there were some off color cases from the original case molds that were painted (special editions lol) but hopefully my father will get them all out within the next day or two and give me a price to sell them for.

Sounds good. Just let us know :)

4Tez, why start another thread asking which color we want? There are already 5 pages here in this thread of people asking for CLEAR cases to be made, just add up all those requests of people that already said they will buy a CLEAR case.

With how long this thread has been in existance, I'd say starting the new thread was a good idea. Both to make sure those who had voiced their opinion in this thread are actually still interested (or indeed even still visiting the forums!) Plus he's trying to get an idea of how many are desired (As not everyone just wants one, some want several depending on cost!)

I'd put my vote in as well but unfortunately I can't really afford much in the way of video game related stuff until about christmas and that'll be for my yearly pilgrimage to the Atari Age store. ;)

With how long this thread has been in existance, I'd say starting the new thread was a good idea. Both to make sure those who had voiced their opinion in this thread are actually still interested (or indeed even still visiting the forums!) Plus he's trying to get an idea of how many are desired (As not everyone just wants one, some want several depending on cost!)

I'd put my vote in as well but unfortunately I can't really afford much in the way of video game related stuff until about christmas and that'll be for my yearly pilgrimage to the Atari Age store. ;)

Yeah, I hear ya, I was just worried that there wouldn't be enough people to request a CLEAR case again in the new thread, enough orders for Mark's father to even consider making a CLEAR run for us rabid Jaguar fans - if 100 cases is the minimum- then we have a ways to go yet. Maybe I should help 4Tez and all the people that really want CLEAR cases out, by PM -ing those people in this thread that have yet to request a CLEAR case again in the new thread.