IGNORED

Soul Calibur isn't Sony's anymore?

AtariJr

after watching the video , it sounds like a backstory of Sigfried and Nightmare. I thought I saw Ivy in the paintings before, but nightmare is one of my 3 characters I use so I'll settle for that. he kinda hinted at using other characters though as well, so maybe thast where she comes in.

I'm probably the only one thinking this but I'm starting to feel more and more that Nintendo should have created a more mainstream controller as well to pack with their system (keeping the remote of course) so that more mainstream games would be playable on the console. I'm with moycon on this, the Wii is fun and all but when it comes to the more immersive games I have a hard time imagining how the remote would be able to replace the more standard controllers.

Actually, I agree a lot here. Since I've owned the Wii, I've really enjoyed stuff like Wii Sports which made good, logical use of the Wiimote. But I find more typical adventure games to be really difficult to get into with the controller. I actually find myself plugging in a GameCube controller and playing GC versions of games like Resident Evil 4 the old fashioned way.

After I wrote this, I read about RESIDENT EVIL 4 Wii having a "standard play" option that made use of a GameCube or Classic Controller and also of Smash Brothers supposedly having this.

Guess my ears were burning ...

Is there anything different about RE4 on the Wii, and RE4 on the Gamecube?

My understanding is, it's the same game with the Wii controls added. I could be wrong, but that might explain the "standard play" option, it there because it was there before.

Also yeah you will for sure be able to play SSBB with the Gamecube or Clasic Controller...In fact if I had to guess you will have to or risk getting you bootie kicked trying to play with the Chuck and Wii-mote.

Is there anything different about RE4 on the Wii, and RE4 on the Gamecube?

My understanding is, it's the same game with the Wii controls added. I could be wrong, but that might explain the "standard play" option, it there because it was there before.

From what I've read, it contains the extra levels and mini games in the PS2 version. Haven't played the PS2 version, but I read that Capcom wanted to make up for the PS2 not being quite as strong in the graphics department by adding additional levels. Those are now in the new release.

Otherwise, no real change.

I'm hoping RESIDENT EVIL 5 actually takes advantage of the additional horsepower in the Wii.

• 2 weeks later...
back on topic >_>, here is another vid of gameplay on a game im looking foward to this holiday season. Eat your hearts out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/10/soul-cal...on-wii-trailer/

OK, that's at least something to comment about.

It looks like the GameCube Soul Calibur 2 engine has been pressed into service and been retrofitted with character models from Soul Calibur 3. Considering the speed with which this game is arriving, I don't think anyone expected anything different.

Assuming the demonstration of the Wiimote control scheme has some basis in reality, it looks ripe for poor control and frequent misinterpreted commands. Perhaps instead of "button mashers" these games will come to be known as "wagglers". Hopefully there will be a classic controller option, because nothing in the demo looks like anything which couldn't be done with traditional action game button commands.

On the plus side, I'm always excited about Soul Calibur. On the minus side, this game has the mark of a new Death By Degrees.

This holiday season? Already? Holy crap...i'm not sure if that's such a good thing. Wasn't this game concept art like a month ago?

Quick cash in most likely. We won't see any real efforts until mid next year at the least.

they RELEASED the concept art a bit ago, but they have been working on this for quite a while. In fact im 99% sure they mentioned something about soul caliber way back in last E3. they just wanted to keep it all hush hush so it would be a suprise. i dont care what dev you are, even a damn port takes longer than a month and a half :)

I've started checking Kotaku lately. Today I found this:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wrist-mashing/sou...ions-278334.php

Everyone who loves Soul Calibur, let's cross our fingers for classic controller support.

I think we all know that's not going to happen. As is, they can at least get people all riled up with this "one to one" remote sensitivity business. It would be a lot less sellable as "SoulCalibur: Just Press A".

By the way, that screenshot is ugly, too. All i want is a Wii game where it looks like someone put some effort into it. Is that too much to ask?

I've started checking Kotaku lately. Today I found this:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wrist-mashing/sou...ions-278334.php

Everyone who loves Soul Calibur, let's cross our fingers for classic controller support.

I think we all know that's not going to happen. As is, they can at least get people all riled up with this "one to one" remote sensitivity business. It would be a lot less sellable as "SoulCalibur: Just Press A".

By the way, that screenshot is ugly, too. All i want is a Wii game where it looks like someone put some effort into it. Is that too much to ask?

did you look at the video i posted up there? I thought it looked decent enough. and yea, i dont want regular controller support. I got the wii because i wanted the type of control it offered, or i woudl have gotten one of the other two consoles first. people wouldn't buy the game if the company didn't look confident in it's control scheme.

Edited by AtariJr