IGNORED

1200XL Owners Club (serial tracker)

kheller2

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Caterpiggle said:

Thank you BillC,

Oh, I c ... that's all I need to know is looking up the last digits 3. That's it . So means it is round in middle of March, 1983. 14/4 weeks = 3.5 months.

It would have been in April, the first 3 months would be about 13 weeks.

Hello BillC,

So my math is wrong ? 14/4 is also wrong ? 1 month is 4 weeks , everyone know that ....

I have 1 question for kheller2. Does he posted his title as "IGNORED"

On the top of title page "

IGNORED

1200XL Owners Club (serial tracker)". So means, it is no longer reappear if it is new post in this box ? Just ignored ?

Edited by Caterpiggle

53 minutes ago, Caterpiggle said:

So my math is wrong ? 14/4 is also wrong ? 1 month is 4 weeks , everyone know that ....

January and March are 31 days, which makes the total for these 2 months only 1 day short of 9 weeks, add the 28 days for February makes the first 3 months only 1 day short of 13 weeks. This would mean that something manufactured in the 14th week would be at the end of March, or more likely the beginning of April.

Seems like it would have been April 2nd thru April 8th if you go by day to week conversion. A week being a 7 day window. It was not a leap year. Or if going by calender week and not days it would have been April 1st through 7th. Either way it's very early April.

14*7=98 days 31+28+31=90 days.

Edited by _The Doctor__

The "week of the year" can fluctuate, and I don't think there was an industry standard back then and varied if the week started on Sunday or a Monday.  According to my math, 143 would be 4-APR-83 to 10-APR-83.  I think I'm using ISO 8601, but that wasn't published until 1988: Week starts on a Monday of the first week that contains the first Thursday of the month (time is such a complex thing).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Caterpiggle said:

Hello BillC,

I have 1 question for kheller2. Does he posted his title as "IGNORED"

On the top of title page "

IGNORED

1200XL Owners Club (serial tracker)". So means, it is no longer reappear if it is new post in this box ? Just ignored ?

I have no idea what you are seeing or asking.  Are you asking how the forum works if you hit the ignore button?

Hello Kheller2,

No worry. Your title finally re-appear in the public forum there. Myself, I don;t know why it is there "Ignored" in red font in first place. Myself, I was puzzled. And thank you for deeper explanation of "143" date birth of my Atari 1200XL. Am I correct, they were made in Sunnyvale, California ? What about in Taiwan ? Name of town were ? Taipei ?

Hello BillC again,

Interesting choice of that site in that city , Tamsui by Atari Company. I used to visit to Taiwan when I was a kid myself. Taipei as well and smaller port on the east coast of Taiwan. I think I found the name of port, Suo Bay. That is the only 1 BIG company ship may dock there on the east coast.

Edited by Caterpiggle

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Eric Badger said:

Just received my 1200XL!

USA 83S DA 024595  (213)

Strange though, no basic in the ROM and no self-test, just Atari rainbow logo.

IMG_4854.jpg

1200XLs do not have built in BASIC.  And I think you press help to get to the diagnostics. 

45 minutes ago, Eric Badger said:

Umm, the one I had as a kid sure did.  Help worked. Thanks. 

You would be the only person in the world then.    You probably had a basic cart in the slot all the time.  If not, someone modified it which is an easy conversion to run onboard Basic and the 800XL OS.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kheller2 said:

You would be the only person in the world then.    You probably had a basic cart in the slot all the time.  If not, someone modified it which is an easy conversion to run onboard Basic and the 800XL OS.  

Now I’m questioning my sanity. I had to press option to boot without dropping in to basic. Had it in the early 80’s. Was store bought. 

13 hours ago, Eric Badger said:

Now I’m questioning my sanity. I had to press option to boot without dropping in to basic. Had it in the early 80’s. Was store bought. 

I agree with kheller2 and I bet you just had the Basic cartridge the whole time inserted and you don't remember this anymore. In the 1200XL, the cartridge does not stick out beyond the casing, and perhaps that is why you do not remember it. :)

Edited by mariusz