IGNORED

Goodbye AtariAge

Mister VCS

I just want to say goodbye to AtariAge and this great forum. Now I am nearly 31 years old and life is more serious now. I decided to leave my childhood-hobby, because the whole life is a change, and at some point you have to quit with your teen-games. Have a good time! :sad:

You have to do what you have to do, I am almost 31 my self and I know what it means to have to take care of other things in my life, then just the things I like to do like collect video games, but things must be pretty rough for you to have to leave us, so I wish you good like and hope things get better for you to come back real soon. Take it easy my man!.

:( :( :)

Strange, when I hit 31 I came back to Atari games.

Well, I fully understand why you feel that way. There's more to life than this stuff and sometimes it seems more important stuff is getting interfered with by videogames/ collecting etc. But in time you'll no doubt come back for a visit. :)

See what happens when video games represent more to you than just being video games? An equal and opposite reaction. Funny things, our brains.

I'm fortunate in that I find pure, unending enjoyment in them just being video games. Damn, I can play for six hours some days and lose track of time. They don't seem like "childhood" entities to me. They're present pleasures. Having also loved them in the early '80s is irrelevant.

But everyone's different, and I'm not nearly as judgmental as I come off (thank goodness). All the best to you, my friend, and we'll see you back here when you revert again in five years! ;)

CF

I also wish I had never thrown out all my old Atari 2600 items I had as a kid, but now I have 20 times the amount of games, systems & extras and now I tell my little sister to keep all her Super nintendo games and systems for the future, for they too will be worth some money.

:sad: :) :ponder:

Dude, like whoah.

Are you for real. That's tough. I understand though. I take occasional breaks from atari to help me keep my perspective. Its a release for me, playing games, collecting, etc. One of the few opportunities that I get to avoid the real world.

Hope we see you again someday.

Buenos nachos.

@ mister vcs

wünsch dir alles gute und verkauf daß ganze zeug nicht, sonst tuts dir vielleicht doch irgendwann mal leid.  :)  

Günther

this is what i like about this site, i have no clue what was said but alot of people do :D

Hey Mr. VCS!!!! What will you collect instead? Stamps or old LPs? There is always something to do in life, that won't fit to "real life"? How about all the guys with oldtimer-cars? Or the guys who collect money (that would be great...)? So tell us: what is it, that made you quit your hobby?

Have you played Atari today????????

playing video games is nothing to do with being a kid or a teen or whatever.

it's like reading or watching movies - it's just something you do.

I think you may be throwing the baby out with the bathwater so to speak.