IGNORED

Goodbye AtariAge

Mister VCS

First off - jahfish - wow! - you can drop the "F" bomb here? WOAH!

Secondly - Mister VCS - Das ist schade, aber ich weiss das der Welt ist interessant mit keine Atari auch. Aber nicht as Spass!

(Hope that made sense!)

Actually, I read this thread earlier, and have been thinking about it... It raises many questions in my mind that I've been stewing over for a while now. When is collecting NOT healthy? How much stuff is too much? How much time with a hobby is too much? Where is the balance?

I think the answers lie in asking yourself "Is this what I want right now? Or am I avoiding something?"

Also, why do people collect things in the first place? Is Jay Leno's car habit healthy? O.K. because he can afford it? It wouldn't be o.k. for the average Joe, 'cause he'd be going into some serious debt to "keep up with the Jay'ses." So I think it also has to do with living within your means. Finally, and I'm serious, so don't flame me... I've got some games that SUCK!, (like coconuts), but I keep 'em, cause I like saying I have over 200 games. What about that? Why do we also collect games that suck, even tho' they seldom - if ever - get played - they just take up space... But, I tell ya - there are days when there's nothing like firing up the old adventure cartridge, and rescuing that chalice! So, I'd like to hear from you all - where/how, do you draw your lines?

Coconuts DOES NOT SUCK! You people need to quit.

I have a $$$ threshold. If I start spending large amounts of money on a HOBBY, I usually take a break and regain my perspective. Or if I start doing something obsessive, like the time I bought 6 copies of Laser Blast looking for a pristene label.

Stan - o.k., I will admit that I might be wrong about coconuts. I will play it again tomorrow - and give it "the ol' college try" one more time. Admittedly, it's been quite a while since I've played it - so maybe I didn't give it a fair shot.

BTW, I liked your "Curious George" comment you made about it in some other post.

THE MAN IN YELLOW ROCKS!

I just want to say goodbye to AtariAge and this great forum. Now I am  nearly 31 years old and life is more serious now. I decided to leave my    childhood-hobby, because the whole life is a change, and at some point   you have to quit with your teen-games.  Have a good time! :sad:

hmmm, I don't quite know how to take that. I guess I will always be a child at heart. Just don't take life too seriously. Things in life are more important than games, true. But you have to have a hobby, something you can do for fun. Take it easy dude... are you having mid life crisis? I think I had one last year but I drank a whole lot of beer and it seemed to go away. ahhh, got my games, got my beer, what else is there? :)

Oh yeah, one other point - I find it frustrating that Howie Long - or Terry Bradshaw - or heck, any sports nut (Nothing against them! Actually, I love playing basketball and soccer) - talking about someone's completion average back in '74 is perfectly normal and acceptable - but me talking about finding a "Marauder" in the wild is weird? Of course, I understand it has to do with the testosterone factor, but the double standard frustrates me.

Just forget my last post, I was under pressure by my girl-friend.

I had a gun in my neck, and I had to type this post. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Damn, you all know I'm too lazy to read all the posts before I reply... So it was all a womans' spite? ... Hell, tell her your games don't cost as much as the cashola she forks out to have the mop on her head fixed every two weeks. Or the $20 dropped on the manicure joint... I've been through this before, can you tell.... :)

Freedom - hey - as I said - nothing against the man AT ALL! He IS the man - and I appreciate the way he can poke fun at himself. All I was moanin' about was the way some hobbies are seen as "O.K." by the public at large - and some aren't.

(Love your name and avaitar, btw)

Freedom - hey - as I said - nothing against the man AT ALL! He IS the man - and I appreciate the way he can poke fun at himself. All I was moanin' about was the way some hobbies are seen as "O.K." by the public at large - and some aren't.  

(Love your name and avaitar, btw)

Oh, you know I was only kidding. I'm hardly ever serious. Yeah, people usually laugh at me when I say I collect old video games... Oh well, I don't care.. :) Oh, my avatar... I've been trying to get a cool one for a while. That one has to work for a while because I gave the camera back to my buddy... :)

I just want to say goodbye to AtariAge and this great forum. Now I am  nearly 31 years old and life is more serious now. I decided to leave my    childhood-hobby, because the whole life is a change, and at some point   you have to quit with your teen-games.  Have a good time! :sad:

Sorry to see you go. While your reasoning is quite understandable, I think you should still put in from time to time to say hello and see what is going on throughout the world so far as Atari is concerned.

Best of luck on all your future endeavors. :)