IGNORED

Goodbye AtariAge

Mister VCS

Whether you like it or not, you never lose your interest for the things that really excited you when you were ten. You are always into the things that you don't remember getting into in the first place, if you know what I mean: it can't be turned off. 8)

So life is "serious" at age 31? Will it be as serious at retirement age?

Just thinking about it a little bit, I think it would be amazingly cool to be like at retirement age (like 65), and grab an Atari 2600 off the shelf, dust it off, and fire it up.

Of course by that time (if I'm not dead or something) there will be 1000 bit systems, or virtual reality home systems, or whatever.

It will still be nice to know where it all came from.

MisterVCS maybe has a woman who is not into Atari, maybe even hates everything associated with Atari or video gaming in general. If I had to choose between Atari or women, I know what I'd pick (after one last game of Pitfall!, I promise!) Maybe MisterVCS has a 60 hour a week job, and is consumed with other "mature" activities like raising a family and stuff. Leaves little time for the VCS.

In a year's time, I think you can squeeze in at least a couple hours playing video games, and still have an ultra busy schedule.

Mister VCS

Sorry to hear that you saying good bye to Atariage board, so hopefully one day you can visit us. I can understand that you want to think more serious for your future.....right now Im 31 yrs old, I still love to thinking about Atari, that is my beloved Atari 2600, beacuse I have great memories, when I was teenager in the 80's.

Take it easy for your life more serious....take care!

From

Jason Walle ;)

Ha, I made it a point to read every reply before doing my own. I'm now 32 years old. I sold all of my Atari carts when I was in 8th grade. The person that bought them had the unfortunate luck of having a house fire destroying everything he owned, including my original games, so I know that the games I bought, got for Christmas, and had my fingerprints on them 1000 deep are no longer in existance.

I began acquiring games again in 1995 by accident. I had a comic book/toy store and one of my part time employees walked in with a 7800 with about 25 games. He paid $20 for it. He said he wanted 3 games and I could have the rest for the $20. I said what the hell and took it home and hooked it up. It was so cool, and the rush I felt, I knew I found my future treasure. I figured that others like me would want to get this same rush, so I decided to buy up any and all Atari games. Then I ran into an Intellivision, Colecovision, then a few other systems I never even heard of. Thanks to the internet, I found a list of Atari games, got ahold of a DP Guide somewhere along the way and here I am. Thousands of games later, 30+ systems later, and a whole bunch of extras.

My fiancee does not play video games nor even likes them, but she knows I do and will accept anything that I want to collect or do.

Don't ever give it up.

Phil

And from age 70 to 80 when time seems to drag on for an eternity, because you are retired, no longer work, and maybe have no one around (deceased family members), what will you do? This is where the first part of life is so critical, in honing your interests. I'm sure you've heard of people who have done great things in literature, music, art, whatever in their later later years. It may take me till I'm 80 to figure out asm programming. By that time, there will be few people left who will remember the great Atari!

The point is that you have developed your interest in playing video games, and you can do this when intense boredom stikes at a very old age. Of course, you may have to deal with arthritis or worse conditions, who knows??

For example, my friend mentioned that he knew of a guy who retired, and bought himself a video game system for the first time in his life. It is never too late or too early to have fun playing games. This guy wanted to finally do "something nice" for himself, and bought it.

life ain't easy when you're in trouble with the government (a.k.a your girlfriend) ;P

i had to clean our flat the whole weekend .... and to pack away all my extra trade items ....

when they go "no more sex" you'll find your way around, but when they go "no more atari" then it starts getting serious

:P :roll: ;)

I just want to say goodbye to AtariAge and this great forum. Now I am  nearly 31 years old and life is more serious now. I decided to leave my    childhood-hobby, because the whole life is a change, and at some point   you have to quit with your teen-games.  Have a good time! :sad:

This is the silliest thing I have read in years.....what are you, Republican?....

OK, happier now.

I just want to say goodbye to AtariAge and this great forum. Now I am  nearly 31 years old and life is more serious now. I decided to leave my    childhood-hobby, because the whole life is a change, and at some point   you have to quit with your teen-games.  Have a good time! :sad:

I just want to say goodbye to Back to the Future movies 1, 2, or 3 (take your pick) and this great blah blah. Now I am nearly 39 years old and life is more serious now. I decided to leave my childhood favorite movie, because my whole life is a change, and at some point you have to quit watching your favorite movies and have sex all the time with women. Or take them out all the time. Have a good time! :(

Dude.. are you knocking Babelfish's translations??? Oh man  :x  

Ich bin, der beste deutsche Lautsprecher um ihren Kerl also lasse mich nicht kommen, Sie rüber zu verbiegen und Ihren Esel herum zu treten!!

somehow i had problems to read your german and just translated it again via babelfish:

I am, which does not leave best German loudspeakers around its chap thus me to come to bend you more over and to step your donkey around!!

:D :D :D

hahaha, i hope you had a gun pointed at your head while typing this.

i don't think there's any other valuable excuse for that.

:P ;)

i'm 31 next month on the 29th, and when i'm in trouble with my GF, i just buy more ataristuff.

fuck flowers! they have faster bitrod!

fuck dinners! why eat when pac man does it for you?

:D :P :D :P