IGNORED

Besides the 2600, what do you own?

godzillajoe

I have a 2600, 5200 and 7800 of which the 26 and 78 get the most use

Aside from that, what do you peeps own / collect for and how often do you play?

I have a Dreamcast hooked up but it's been a while since I used it. Mostly when people come over and we do some DDR

Other than that I have a ColecoVision with about 20 carts, A Vectrex with almost the whole library plus the light pen and 3D goggles, and an Odyssey 2 with a bunch of carts

But all those other systems are in the closet and I don't actively collect for them

Besides my trusty 2600 Heavy Sixer (which my wife just dropped accidentally...GASP!) I have a Nintendo DS and a Sony PSP. I've never been a fan of any of the other console systems...except the Wii, which I just picked up. :) :) :)

IMO, there's nothing these newer consoles can do that my PC and my laptop can't.

BTW, the 2600 is fine. Dropping it knocked loose the modded Video cable I put in, but that's an easy fix. <Whew!>

Amiga CD32 - currently playing Lemmings and Chaos Engine

Atari 2600 - six switch & heavy six switch - currently playing Seaquest for HSC

Gameboy Advance SP - haven't played in a while

GP32 - haven't played in a while

PlayStation 2 - working out(yes, really) with Eye Toy Kinetic. My doctor got after me in March due to some bad blood work results. Got my follow up results yesterday and the numbers are back in line.

Sega Nomad (handheld Genesis) - haven't played in a while

VIC 20 - playing Radar Rat Race as research for Rally S.

Virtual Boy - haven't played in a while

I recently found out about Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters and Me & My Katamari, so I'm now plannining to pick up a PSP next weekend when my AMEX starts its next billing cycle. Also trying to acquire a Commodore 128(I regret selling mine :( )

Edited by SpiceWare

Hi

i own the first Atari Pong,the Stunt Cycle system,the Atari Pinball system,The Atari "Touch me",a Lynx,a 7800,an Atari 1040 ST,an Atari Portfolio,several 2600 clone consoles.Beside from Atari i own a Dreamcast.My favourite system is the 7800.

greetings Walter

Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx, Jaguar, XEGS, Intellivision (II), Colecovision, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis (Model I, II, CDX, JVC X'Eye, and Nomad along with the 32x, SegaCDs (model I & II), and power base converter), Game Gear, Saturn, Dreamcast, TG-16 with CD add-on, NES, SNES, Gameboy (pocket and advance), N64, Virtual Boy, Gamecube, RCA Studio II, 3DO, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Game.Com, Xbox, and Playstation (a few of the original models, some inbetween, and a PSOne).

And if you want to count classic computers, Commodore Vic-20, Commodore 64, TI-994a (silver and white models), Atari 130XE, Atari 520ST, Aquarius, NEC PC8201a, TRS-80 Model I, Apple IIplus, Apple IIe, and an Apple IIgs.

My Xbox, Gamecube, and Genesis probably see the most action out of any of the systems. Xbox and Gamecube because I simply like the games I've recently acquired for them, and the Genesis because of the fact that it has so many add-ons that I rarely have a chance to get truly bored with it. (If I'm tired of the cartridges, I'll play the CDs for awhile - if I am tired of Genesis software, I'll play some Master System games on it)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have a Blasteroids arcade game as well. I also saw someone mention the Atari Touch me - I have one of those as well (the handheld version) :)

Edited by atariman

NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and Gen3, GameCube, 7800, two C64's (I want another 128, I miss mine, too [network project one of these days]), Atari 800XL, three ST's of different flavors, and the SNES and GC get the most play. This is besides the 2600's.

Wii's are in stock at sears.com if you wanna get one online. I'm currently hunting a N64 and Star Wars carts for my systems.

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan

Well, pretty much everything pre 1990, and a few things after. I have all of the Atari systems (including the Lynx and Jag), Intellivision, Colecovision, Astrocade, Arcadia 2001, APF M1000, Channel F.... You get the idea. I'm missing the RCA Studio 2, and I will get one someday, as I have a stack of carts for the thing.

I also love old computers, so I have a bunch of those as well. All of the Atari ones, the C64, Vic 20, TI 99, ADAM, Aquarius, Apple II e/c/gs, several old macs, and the like

I have several portable systems as well, like the Lynx, Nomad, TurboExpress, Neo Geo pocket etc

"Newer" consoles incluse the Jag, Genesis, SNES, NES, Master System, XEGS, CDX, but I usually only get a few games for these newer consoles, as I prefer the older stuff.

I also have around thirty of the old VFD tabletop arcade games.

What amazes me is that I've managed to get all of this stuff without spending a fortune. Between evilbay, thrifting, and a couple of collector friends, I've managed to put to gether quite an impressive collection.

Besides the 2600, i own and collect for:

7800 (broken :()

Odyssey2

NES

SNES

Genesis

Sega CD

32X

Playstation

Saturn

Dreamcast

Playstation 2

N64

GameCube

Xbox

Xbox 360

Wii

Virtual Boy

GBA SP

Neo Geo Pocket Color

Nintendo DS

And yes, other than the Odyssey2, all of my consoles remain hooked up simultaneously. It's the only way to roll. :D

The NES used to be my primary system to collect for, but after i had to sell my first collection i just didn't have the heart to rebuild in full force. My main focus these days is on the SNES and Genesis, and my interest in the 2600 grows seemingly by the day.

About 4 2600's,a 5200,VIC-20,ColecoVision,PONG console by Atari,dismantled Pong Olympics,my prized possesion-Sinclair ZX-81,Texas Instruments Home Computer,NES,SNES,Magnavox Oddessy 3000?(forgot what type it is,I will have to dig it out of attic),PSone,and PS2.

These arent systems really but anyway: GameBoy Advance,Gameboy Advance SP,and Rough Ranger arcade machine.

These are what I own.My heart for collecting belongs to the Atari 2600.

Edited by codyr783

Hmmm.....in chronological order...

Atari 2600 (4 switch woody)

Colecovision (as of today 6/9/07!)

Atari 5200 (4 port with Svid mod)

Nintendo NES

Atari 7800

Super Nintendo

Sega Genesis with the 32x

Sega Saturn

Nintendo 64 (as of 6/21/07)

Sega Dreamcast (as of 6/17/07)

Jakks Atari 2 player Paddle game

Atari Flashback2

and

The Omnicade (see my sig)

:)

Edited by SRGilbert

Besides my trusty 2600 Heavy Sixer (which my wife just dropped accidentally...GASP!)

I honestly believe a heavy sixer could easily survive a three of four story fall off a building! They sure don't make em like they used to.

Anyway... besides the 2600, I have only a nes (but its clean and flawless!) I know you said besides the 2600 but I'll list those too. I have two heavy sixers, one light sixer and one four switch telegames video arcade.

Been contemplating getting a 5200 or a colecovision or even booth! Been grabbing any 5200 games I see out in the field. So far I have a total of 10

I play every chance I get

I forgot to add that I have a rarely used PS2

Edited by opeygon