IGNORED

ABBUC Software Contest 2007

Bunsen

Argh, I thought this was supposed to be a secret ;)

Heaven, it's not 50fps (there's no way on 1.7MHz :) ), but it's 25fps, it's perfectly fine like this. In fact, even 20fps is kind of ok, a beta of the NTSC version works like this.

And pseudografx -- you nailed it. The 'tube' engine is long known in the demoscene community, even on 8-bit Atari, so I thought how to make a game out of it. The difference in engine, comparing to most demos using a similar effect, is that it's 160x100 (well, actually 128x100), and not 80x50. That's why it's 25fps.

Anyway, once it's released, I hope you enjoy it.

EDIT: Since Yoomp! screenshots have been released -- I want Crownland ones as well! I have high hopes for that game!

EDIT2: Oh, I didn't realize it was a part of the longer process, with all programs shown (since Yoomp! happens to be shown as the first on a page). So now I'm waiting patiently :)

Edited by eru

I thought about it for a while, and I think the screenshots or any information shouldn't be released before the voting. I really appreciate what ABBUC is doing for the Atari community, and I believe the ABBUC members should have the right to enjoy the 'full surprise' moment when they get the magazine and run the programs. For the rest, waiting one or two more months shouldn't be a big deal. Also, indeed, comments on forums like here can influence the voting process.

Alas, that's perhaps for the next year - this year I want to see Crowland! La Resistance lives on! :)

I thought about it for a while, and I think the screenshots or any information shouldn't be released before the voting. I really appreciate what ABBUC is doing for the Atari community, and I believe the ABBUC members should have the right to enjoy the 'full surprise' moment when they get the magazine and run the programs. For the rest, waiting one or two more months shouldn't be a big deal. Also, indeed, comments on forums like here can influence the voting process.

Hmmh, it was my decision to provide the screenshots. This year was the first year we (the ABBUC) did it this way.

My aim was to create curiosity and anticipation. And so the programs, the authors, the contest and ofcourse the ABBUC are getting more interest (imho).

Of course it is discussable to handle it this way. And next year we will probably make it other way, probably not. It will be the decision of the leader of the contest. Probably me, probably somebody else.