IGNORED

BOXED PEPSI INVADERS $1000.00 BIN

ItsAtariTime

Ok... curious minds want to know....

How did this turn out? :?:

also NO package ever arrived from the seller.

Shawn

No surprise that he shipped right away too before you could get him to give you a tracked shipping. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy turns out to have a bunch of stolen identities and has pulled a similar scam before (albeit not with video games).

Ok... curious minds want to know....

How did this turn out? :?:

Just to satisfy all the gossip.......I am still going through shit with paypal, I got a message that my paypal account may be limited, also NO package ever arrived from the seller.

Shawn

PayPal can really screw you over. Even if you get your bank to give you the $1,000 back PayPal could still come after you for it. If you have the money in your account they can just take it. If you don't have the money in your account PayPal has been known to hire collections. I noticed that you have been selling a lot of hire priced items of late. You might want to run to the ATM and take the money out of your PayPal account before PayPal gets to it.

PayPal can really screw you over. Even if you get your bank to give you the $1,000 back PayPal could still come after you for it.

That's why I use a CC account only for payment. Its the only way to keep control of the payment. I will NEVER give ebay/paypal my bank information. They are not to be trusted with such information. The have been known to take money out without giving you notice. They change my manual payment to automatic one time and I double paid them for the month and overdrew my checking account.

I also get CC protections when the seller tries to screw you too. I have not sold much but I and leaning towards anything but paypal to recieve payment because of their track record in support against fraud(Curt V. story).

PayPal can really screw you over. Even if you get your bank to give you the $1,000 back PayPal could still come after you for it.

That's why I use a CC account only for payment. Its the only way to keep control of the payment. I will NEVER give ebay/paypal my bank information. They are not to be trusted with such information.

But if you don't give them your bank account number, I believe you can only use the money you earn from your eBay sales for eBay purchase only or other websites that accept paypal payment.

So you trust them with direct access to your money?

I don't at all. That's why I have a secondary free checking account that paypal is linked to. I just instantly transfer some money into it when I need to.

And that's what everyone who uses Paypal and checking accounts should do ;)

I don't at all. That's why I have a secondary free checking account that paypal is linked to. I just instantly transfer some money into it when I need to.

Good point but it may not be enough. I have heard people who get negative balance in their paypal account, paypal did not take the money out of their bank account but did threaten to call collection agency. So, you may still get daily harassment from collection agency and possible legal trouble should paypal win the case.

Edited by Hendra

Good point but it may not be enough. I have heard people who get negative balance in their paypal account, paypal did not take the money out of their bank account but did threaten to call collection agency. So, you may still get daily harassment from collection agency and possible legal trouble should paypal win the case.

You can still have a pay pal account, send and recieve money, with no bank account. You can use a Credit Card. You have a sending limit of $10,000 though (doesn't matter if the limit on your card is higher, thats all they allow before you are required to get an account)

• 2 weeks later...

So far this situation is still going on. Paypal finally came out and said that it takes a full 30 days to finish a claim ......pretty much no matter what has occured, and what info has been given. Another thing i would like to know is how can someone keep bouncing back from being a registered user to unregistered user from hour to hour? Yesterday he was a registered user again then this morning he wasn't then he was a few minutes ago now he isn't again. Well while he was a registed member i was in the middle of leaving him negative feedback and my computer froze and i had to totally shut down and restart my computer which seems really strange. Then right after i got down leaving him feedback i clicked on his feedback and there again it said he is an unregistered member but my feedback was able to be posted a few seconds earlier. This all seems really strange.

wow, i really missed alot last month! I read every message. it was like a good suspense novel that was informative as well. Paypal is a thug. Theyve always been thats why I dont have my own account with them anymore. Stole a few hundred from me awhile back and the few times I got scammed, they wanted $ for them to help me get it back. Once, it wasnt even worth $25 but they wanted $25 to help me. I like using my friends PP Account. I dont have my bank info tied up if they decide to rob him and it makes me buy more wisely when I do. Afterall, i cant bother him 24/7. Anyhow, they are a joke and paypal and Ebay need to be audited and have their general way of business checked into. They rob ya with a smile, atleast up until the point they want your money for their Crooked Shopkeepers Messes and such. Anyhow, i really hope this all turns out well for you dude. Whomever that ass that was using the Ebay guys name here, mrgeturdone, and messing with you, that IP address should be banned. Anyone ever find out who that was? What a Tool to screw around like that when someones getting ripped off. Thats one of the most dispicable things Ive ever seen here. Goodluck Shawn and drop me a line sometime, maybe we can go get that beer after you get your dough back, sounds like you could use a few, i know I could. Cheers, Ant :)

Edited by Phantom

You gotta love paypal, when its not your fault, they'll still limit your account, you are guilty until you prove otherwise and they'll drain out every dime they can get out of you.

You wanna keep using paypal, get yourself educated on just who you're giving your SS#, Bank Account and CC#'s to:

www.paypalsucks.com

Curt

You gotta love paypal, when its not your fault, they'll still limit your account, you are guilty until you prove otherwise and they'll drain out every dime they can get out of you.

You wanna keep using paypal, get yourself educated on just who you're giving your SS#, Bank Account and CC#'s to:

www.paypalsucks.com

Curt

It seems both paypal and ebay have convinced everyone (or most people anyway) that they are the only game in town, there are several alternatives for both but the masses are either unaware of the alternatives or are unwilling to try an alternative. Usually those who go up against them fail, even the mighty YAHOO! couldn't keep their auction site up and running. The main problem with PAYPAL is that it's so darn convenient, everyone is in a hurry and they don't want to wait to receive a Money Order or a check in the mail and it didn't take the scammers long to figure out that dealing with PAYPAL is alot harder for someone than dealing with a bank or credit card company, where you would be 100% protected, so when they rip you off it's so hard to jump through the PAYPAL hoops that most people give up.

Basically if you want an item bad enough you will take the chance and thats what PAYPAL is counting on (and the scammers). But how do you educate the masses??? The only way to educate people is through Mass Media Advertising and that cost big dollars which they have and most people don't. People will believe what they see on TV and what they see is ebay commercials telling them they can get what they want at a discounted price (not always true usually way more than "it" is really worth).

"it was like a good suspense novel that was informative as well"

BTW, I thought about this sentence later on and to clear any wrong perceptions up I just wanted to say that what i meant was That I couldnt stop reading the thread. I dont know if Ive ever read a month old thread that had 6 pages from beginning to end and I wasnt getting enjoyment from your misfortune. You should know that Shawn but I didnt want others to take that the wrong way as well so i felt the need for this post. I hope you get your $ and I hope this guy goes to jail. It was very informative and captivating and I hope justice is served. That should clear up any misinterpretations. thanks, Ant :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am pretty sick right now...out of the $1000.00 I paid for this item paypal returned only $200.00 to me. The seller suprisingly doesn't have any money in their paypal so supposedly they are going to do their best to get the money from him. Maybe if they did this a month ago like they should have they would have gotten my money back for me. I am so pissed right now i can't concentrate on much else. I know people are waiting for other games that they are interested in and I haven't gottten back to them but i am just too sick to think about any of that right now and hope those of you understand. Instead of having this money for a vacation or something the money is with a disgusting thief. If anyone ever cmes up to me somewhere and introduces themselves as John Turnage......I will for sure break their hand. This has screwed up my whole summer. :x

Well I am pretty sick right now...out of the $1000.00 I paid for this item paypal returned only $200.00 to me. The seller suprisingly doesn't have any money in their paypal so supposedly they are going to do their best to get the money from him. Maybe if they did this a month ago like they should have they would have gotten my money back for me. I am so pissed right now i can't concentrate on much else. I know people are waiting for other games that they are interested in and I haven't gottten back to them but i am just too sick to think about any of that right now and hope those of you understand. Instead of having this money for a vacation or something the money is with a disgusting thief. If anyone ever cmes up to me somewhere and introduces themselves as John Turnage......I will for sure break their hand. This has screwed up my whole summer. :x

CALL THE COPS, PERIOD. Only way anything good is gonna come out of this.