IGNORED

Sony knocking $100 off the PS3

moycon

I am happy except for the fact that the wireless internet connection is messed up on it and I might have to return it for a new one.

Are you sure it isn't your router or simply user-error? Just asking, most of the time that seems to be the case.

I really do not think so, but I am going to fully test all of it out to make sure before I bring it back. I know that all of the settings on the PS3 are set right, so it's either a problem with the PS3 internally or something with the router. My router has never given me problems before though and my psp has always been able to go off it. I am going to take the PS3 to my friends house that also has wireless and if it can't perform there then I know that it is the system and not the router.

Do you have a DS? See if you can get a DS to connect through your wireless.

When I first tried to connect my DS, I found out that my years-old version of DHCP was lacking features that the DS needed. A download and a recompile later (no dinky box router for me, mine runs OS X) and the DS was happy.

What I usually do when I'm not sure about the setup is....

Disable wep

enable broadcasting

See if the PS3 can connect using autodetect.

If it does then I reverse the steps until it is secure again.

Keep in mind if you do not have a DS you can use the more "secure" protocols like AES, yada yada.

this is a quite from joystiq recently... "If the PS3 price drop does come on July 15, the system will have spent 236 days at its initial price. For historical comparison, the PS2 took 565 days to drop from $299 to $199, while the original PlayStation took 250 days and the original Xbox took 181 days to make similar drops. The GameCube took 176 days to drop from $199 to $149 while the Dreamcast took 245 days to likewise fall. On July 15, the Xbox 360 will have gone 600 days without a price drop in North America."

so i dont get it, you guys said it was confirmed by sony that there is a price drop. doesnt sound like it to me... sounds like quessing :ponder:

Edited by AtariJr

so i dont get it, you guys said it was confirmed by sony that there is a price drop. doesnt sound like it to me... sounds like quessing :ponder:

What exactly don't you get? The PS3 had dropped in price by $100.00. There is no guesswork here, you go into a store either in person or online, you purchase a PS3 for $100 less than what you did a week ago. What's not to get?

Here's some more info to help you understand....

From Best Buy : Playstation 3 PRICE DROP! Now $100 lower Order your today.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1156202764702

From Circuit City: You save -$100.00

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=166283

Amazon : New Low Price Price : $499.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-60GB-PlayStatio...1093&sr=8-1

Let me know if you still don't get it. I'll post some more examples. :cool: :P

Seriously, you need to read and try not to put it down every single chance you get. Its getting to be annoying and predictable as always. Remember how you flipped out on one of the mods for not liking the Wii a lot or something?

If you don't like something, don't you do it too. :ponder:

Edited by xenomorpher

It should be mentioned if you are planning on picking up a PS3 in my opinion the Amazon deal is the best. Not only do you get an extra Blu-Ray disk (bringing the total to 6 free), free remote, and free shipping you also won't pay tax on the purchase. Saving you another $30.00 or so. I don't know how long the deal will be offered. I was suprised it was still going on. I noticed the title of the free disk changed to Resident Evil so I just cancelled my order again and reordered the new bundle. LOL Hopefully I'm done.

Edited by moycon

LMAO, this was even covered on CNBC, by Jack Tretton himself.

i read another joystiq article and it sounds like your right ^_^, sorry, just seems like they went back and forth so many damn times it got confusing as to wether or not it happened. btw, there are some rumors on a recent joystiq article that says there could be yet ANOTHER one later this year.

ps: i dont watch nbc, cbs, or abc unless its the local news at night. all the shows we watch are on Fox.. and even then i dont watch a lot of television.

Seriously, you need to read and try not to put it down every single chance you get. Its getting to be annoying and predictable as always. Remember how you flipped out on one of the mods for not liking the Wii a lot or something?

how am i putting a system down by asking if there was a price drop or not? i dont think i ever bashed it on this forum. I just thought the only price drop happened with Target. I plan on getting all three systems, just like i bought all 4 from the last generation... so no, I don't think bashing a future purchase is smart, right? While there are many downsides to the system for me to buy it right now, I didn't mention it's shortcomings here. I think it's also funny that you say it's predicable, when this is the only post ive made recently in this forum. Even in the wii section i don't mention other systems.. just the system of the forum.

So please, next time why don't YOU read what I'm saying before you shoot me down. I never dissed the black box here, and i never intended to either.. just asking about the price drop. I read the first couple pages of this thread.. that's a lot of posts... please excuse me for not having time to read more.

Edited by AtariJr

how am i putting a system down by asking if there was a price drop or not? i dont think i ever bashed it on this forum. I just thought the only price drop happened with Target. I plan on getting all three systems, just like i bought all 4 from the last generation... so no, I don't think bashing a future purchase is smart, right? While there are many downsides to the system for me to buy it right now, I didn't mention it's shortcomings here. I think it's also funny that you say it's predicable, when this is the only post ive made recently in this forum. Even in the wii section i don't mention other systems.. just the system of the forum.

So please, next time why don't YOU read what I'm saying before you shoot me down. I never dissed the black box here, and i never intended to either.. just asking about the price drop. I read the first couple pages of this thread.. that's a lot of posts... please excuse me for not having time to read more.

It's all good dude, don't get bent out of shape. Great to hear you are getting all 3 as well, everyone should, otherwise you always miss out on something. :D

It's all good dude, don't get bent out of shape. Great to hear you are getting all 3 as well, everyone should, otherwise you always miss out on something. :D

i think with so many great exclusives out there for each company you can't really appreciate the world of gaming unless you have all three. i mean wii has the obvious ones that are on the boards, 360 has many games coming out soon like battlefront III and ace combat i want. And sony has final fantasy (so far), devil may cry, gran tourismo, tekken etc that i think everyone has really grown to love. oh, plus kingdom hearts, love that series. right now i just cant afford a 360 and a ps3 while saving up on other things, so price drops are always great to hear. besdies, most of the games i want arent out yet, so i dont mind saving money while i wait :D .

i read another joystiq article and it sounds like your right ^_^, sorry, just seems like they went back and forth so many damn times it got confusing

Here's your problem, you're reading joystiq instead of just reading what I post.

Stop.

All my posts are always 100% legit and right. Any future post questioning my posts legitimacy is grounds for dismissal. If you have questions about one of my posts, just PM me and I will explain the post further, It is a well known fact on this forum and dozens like it that I have never, not once, posted something that was incorrect.

:ponder:

Really. ;)

Edited by moycon

I think it's also funny that you say it's predicable, when this is the only post ive made recently in this forum.

How else would it be predictable? Yeah, you've done it in the past and hated it when other people did it to the systems you like. Pretty annoying when someone does that a lot isn't it?

I do actually read all of a post. Yeah you haven't bashed it as much since we got the new sub forums. No reason really to go into a forum for a system you don't have unless you're thinking about buying one or very interested. And reading everything before posting is a lot better than to post a question without reading everything as it may have already been answered. If you were honest about wanting to get all three then thats great. That means you see something for it right now you might like or a few future releases that gets your interest peaked which is always good. We have something in common.

60 Gig PS3 discontinued.

So after they're gone, you have no choice but to buy the $600 model again. Thanks Sony! :roll: :ponder:

Sony Europe is well known for making assumptions, not sure I'd believe that. There is a lot of jealousy between SCEE and SCEA, for some strange reason.

EDIT:

"Those quotes from David Reeves are not accurate. He said that if they had lowered the price in Europe, that territory would have run out of their current inventory by the end of July... As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at $599 and a 60GB PS3 available now for $499. We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

I do actually read all of a post. Yeah you haven't bashed it as much since we got the new sub forums. No reason really to go into a forum for a system you don't have unless you're thinking about buying one or very interested. And reading everything before posting is a lot better than to post a question without reading everything as it may have already been answered. If you were honest about wanting to get all three then thats great. That means you see something for it right now you might like or a few future releases that gets your interest peaked which is always good. We have something in common.

thats funny, i seem to remember the subforums being there for as long as i was truly ready to buy any of the consoles :ponder: . i just don't appreciate being jumped because i'm assumed to be at your throats if i come into these forums. it's kind of funny that people think im so pro nintendo only, when i'm PRETTY sure i have every major console ever made and enjoy each of them quite a lot (and my fav console isnt even nintendo's, look at my avatar). i like the wii, and i have enjoyment from it.. but it doesnt mean i dont find enjoyment in other consoles.. and it doesnt mean that i'm not allowed to openly state i enjoy a piece of hardware just becuase it's assumed i don't like other ones. i'm constantly going back and forth playing all the consoles i own.. its a nice balance to play many consoles in succession instead of just one. my ps2 , like ive said on many forums , is a nice compliment to the wii, and i trade back and forth all the time. just please remember that i dont have just one console, and just because i like one doesn't mean i dont like others. i come in here because i DO want all three, and so a price drop would be EXTREMELY relevant to me, you see? and i dont know how old you are, but with my job, then dinner, then 1hr of tv, then bed to wake up at 5:30 am all over again, i don't have time to read 3 pages of posts like you.. i didn't mean to offend anyone by not knowing that sony had the price drop already, i was simply asking. i thought i did well by reading 2 pages instead of just the page that has the last post like i usually do. chill.

Edited by AtariJr

60 Gig PS3 discontinued.

So after they're gone, you have no choice but to buy the $600 model again. Thanks Sony! :roll: :ponder:

Sony Europe is well known for making assumptions, not sure I'd believe that. There is a lot of jealousy between SCEE and SCEA, for some strange reason.

EDIT:

"Those quotes from David Reeves are not accurate. He said that if they had lowered the price in Europe, that territory would have run out of their current inventory by the end of July... As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at $599 and a 60GB PS3 available now for $499. We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

http://atvs.vg.no/player/?id=10235

Check out 1:48. But then, I'm sure a low level guy like this wouldn't know what was going on. :P

Wow. Sure sounds like the 60Gig model is going away.

Glad I snagged one while they were trying to dump them.

Seems like a bad move in my opinion, you'd think they'd be right back where they started (granted with 20 more Gig...*yawn*)

60 Gig PS3 discontinued.

EDIT:

http://atvs.vg.no/player/?id=10235

Check out 1:48. But then, I'm sure a low level guy like this wouldn't know what was going on. :P

Sorry, I am not going to install some plug-in from a random Norwegian website, what is it?