IGNORED

Is It True?

• 2 weeks later...

Remembering my time working at the game store, about once a day I got this.

"Why won't my Super Nintendo play Genesis games?" or "Are the Saturn and the Playstation interchangeable?"

Ok, now, I can see the PS2 on a PS1 or a PS3 on a PS2, those can be common misconceptions, but to ask if a Genesis game works on a Super Nintendo? Usually I'd just pull out a cart from each and ask "Do these look alike? No? Then what makes you think that one will work on the other?" These questions weren't all from soccer moms and guys with marijuana leaf tattoos all over their arms, they were from normal looking people. I hated working there, honestly.

The movie Idiocracy may end up being true. The world is getting dumber and dumber, and soon, the stupid ones are going to overtake everything.

When people ask what I like about Atariage, I always say "the community is great". Yep, they'd certainly never lord their videogame geekery over others who knew less, or insult people for asking an honest question. No sir.

Okay, so honestly, no one has ever asked me that question, but the point still stands. I think the guy would have had more luck going to the Star Trek website and saying his favorite character from the Next Generation was Frodo Baggins.

I ask one damn question and now its a debate

Affimative: It Can

Negative: It can't

F.Y.I- To anyone who thinks I havent played video games since the 5200 obviously thinks I'm some kind of uber-hermit, If I asked if the ps2 could play ps3 games you would probably think that I would have one? I just asked a question and I get attacked.

I ask one damn question and now its a debate

F.Y.I- To anyone who thinks I havent played video games since the 5200 obviously thinks I'm some kind of uber-hermit, If I asked if the ps2 could play ps3 games you would probably think that I would have one? I just asked a question and I get attacked.

can the 2600 play 5200 games?

Here I'll fix that for you...

I ask one damn ridiculous question and now its a debate

And for the record, since it sounds like you are serious....

Atari 2600 can't play Atari 5200 games

Atari 5200 can't play Atari 7800 games

Atari 7800 can't play Atari Jaguar games

Sega Master System can't play Sega Genesis games

Sega Genesis can't play Sega Saturn games

Sega Saturn can't play Sega Dreamcast games

Nintendo Entertainment System can't play Super Nintendo Entertainment System games

Super Nintendo Entertainment System can't play Nintendo 64 games

Nintendo 64 can't play Gamecube games

Gamecube cannot play Wii Games

Playstation 1 can't play Playstation 2 games

Playstation 2 can't play Playstation 3 games

See the trend?? ;)

Atari 2600 can't play Atari 5200 games

Atari 5200 can't play Atari 7800 games

Atari 7800 can't play Atari Jaguar games

Sega Master System can't play Sega Genesis games

Sega Genesis can't play Sega Saturn games

Sega Saturn can't play Sega Dreamcast games

Nintendo Entertainment System can't play Super Nintendo Entertainment System games

Super Nintendo Entertainment System can't play Nintendo 64 games

Nintendo 64 can't play Gamecube games

Gamecube cannot play Wii Games

Playstation 1 can't play Playstation 2 games

Playstation 2 can't play Playstation 3 games

See the trend?? ;)

Can the Game Boy play Game Boy Color games?

Can a Win95-era PC play Win98-era games?

And before you say, "Yes, but...", remember, that answer starts with "yes."

Like I said before, the question isn't completely without merit.

Can the Game Boy play Game Boy Color games?

Can a Win95-era PC play Win98-era games?

And before you say, "Yes, but...", remember, that answer starts with "yes."

Like I said before, the question isn't completely without merit.

Are apples, oranges?

Those things have nothing to do with what we're talking about and you'd have to really really stretch to think that someone would actually think the PS2 could play PS3 games because their gameboy with a color screen can play gameboy games.

The question is without merit...sorry.

But just so you know, it doesn't matter if you have your PS2 hooked up to a B&W TV or a color TV it still won't play PS3 games.

I won't even comment on the PC, that's just silly.

Edited by moycon

Well, the Lynx I can play Lynx II games. :evil:

I wouldn't ...couldn't....even bother raising a fuss, if ever in the history of home video game consoles there was EVER an older system that would play the newer system games. (Screen color on hand-helds that have nothing to do with stand alone consoles not-with-standing)

Just stop for one second....and ponder that scenario.

Think long and hard why the producer of the new system made the system to begin with, and imagine who would buy the new system if the old system WOULD play the new games.

You now can see how truly ridiculous the question was.

No offense to atari5200dude, I know in my heart he's a good and decent person, but I'm sorry to inform him, the question was bogus... or it was something other than valid.

Know now... Previous generation systems will not play newer generation games....because if they did...NO ONE WOULD BUY THEM and that would make the producers of the new system, very, very sad.. :)