IGNORED

Gathering in Cleveland at AtariAge?

Albert

Al I was going to do ECGX in Cleveland but lost interest. I still own the ecgx.com website and I have a contact for an 18000 sq foot sports facility I could rent for $200!!!! They play baseball in the winter but its open for most of the fall. Would need folding tables from somewhere. Anyway, you know where to find me.

These are some interesting suggestions, especially about doing some type of "mini" show. We have a decent-sized parking lot and there's more parking behind the building by a park, so that would not be an issue. There's plenty of space to have several tables setup, but I'd have to figure out just how many. It's something I would only open up to people from AA, though--I would not want the general public coming in. Anything beyond that would require doing a show at a typical venue as Buyatari has suggested (and it's something I've given some thought to). But that's not something that would happen this year..

..Al

Okay, Mark DiLuciano (of Sunmark) and I share office space and basically have the entire first floor of an old bank building in downtown Lorain. I spoke with him about the possibility of doing a small classic gaming show and he thinks it's a great idea. We can probably setup at 20 6' tables for vendors in addition to the space Mark and I would use to sell and show off our stuff. We'd also have various game systems setup, possibly with a reasonably dark area where we could setup a projector, couch and chairs for some gaming. We'd have to rent tables, so there would be a nominal charge for them (probably $20). Before I open this up to a wider audience, how many people here would be interested in buying tables for such an event?

..Al

I know 2 other locals who were at CCAG who would take tables. I think both are members here but rarely post.

If you wanted to fill up the tables you could ask CCAG for a list of vendors.

Yes, that's a good idea and definitely something I am going to do but we first need to determine exactly how many tables we can make available and figure out the layout of the space. Will probably do that in the next few days. There is a list of vendors on the main CCAG page--not sure if there were more vendors than listed:

http://www.ccagshow.com/

..Al

Before I open this up to a wider audience, how many people here would be interested in buying tables for such an event?

..Al

I am interested in buying a table, but I can't commit 100% without a hard date. Also, Al, I think you should post a notice about this idea on the front page so all AA people are made aware of this idea. I know I don't look in the Events forum very often.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if there are any AtariAge users in the Cleveland area that might want to get together for a day of video game playing and trading (perhaps a Saturday or Sunday)? I have plenty of space to setup a fair number of video game systems and tables for people to display interesting item and/or stuff to sell and trade.. Plus you'll get to see the AtariAge offices. :)

post-3-1184890855_thumb.jpg

If you're interested, please post that interest here along with a general time frame for when you'd like to attend (I'm thinking maybe sometime in August)..

..Al

Theres an office :?

Just wondering if there are any AtariAge users in the Cleveland area that might want to get together for a day of video game playing and trading (perhaps a Saturday or Sunday)? I have plenty of space to setup a fair number of video game systems and tables for people to display interesting item and/or stuff to sell and trade.. Plus you'll get to see the AtariAge offices. :)

post-3-1184890855_thumb.jpg

If you're interested, please post that interest here along with a general time frame for when you'd like to attend (I'm thinking maybe sometime in August)..

..Al

Well I would be interested as I am sure a few others from our local Atari group CACUG would show up. We lately have had infrequent meetings but if you'd have it I'd be there as most of the group.

Well I would be interested as I am sure a few others from our local Atari group CACUG would show up. We lately have had infrequent meetings but if you'd have it I'd be there as most of the group.

I'm not familiar with CACUG, but I assume it stands for Cleveland Atari Computer Users Group? How many people are in the group? Is there any way to contact members?

Thanks,

..Al