IGNORED

Did I waste $3 bucks?

jetset

Got me a Lynx today!!!! I've always wanted one, but didn't want to spend the $$ (not to say it's not worth the $$) and have to explain to the wife why I NEED ANOTHER videogame system.

BUT, I was at the local flea mkt this am, and got my first ever Atari find, a working Lnx with Paperboy. Three dollars for both.

The guy let me test it, and I saw how crappy the screen was but figured for the money it was worth giving a shot.

Can this problem (shown in the pic) be easily repaired/fixed/replaced? I read up a bit on the issue with the horizontal lines, but the snowy background is another issue as well...

If not, it goes in the gah-baaaage.

post-997-1186945469_thumb.jpg

Keep it as a backup/spare.

Besides, $3 is a great deal just for PAPERBOY!

Backup to what? :ponder: I guess you answered my question about getting it fixed. :(

Man though I never realized how small (thin) the carts are! You can read the newspaper through them!

$3 for the Paperboy card is OK. It was worth the gamble for the Lynx, but it looks like it was a gamble lost, as it doesn't look to be any good. I'd say hold on to it until you can get a better one. Might want to even invest in a new one, which can be had from the online retailers.

Oh, wait, the wife... ;)

$3 for the Paperboy card is OK. It was worth the gamble for the Lynx, but it looks like it was a gamble lost, as it doesn't look to be any good. I'd say hold on to it until you can get a better one. Might want to even invest in a new one, which can be had from the online retailers.

Oh, wait, the wife... ;)

What sucks most about it is this is genuinely the FIRST Atari find I've had down here. I've seen Atari stuff before mind you...een today someone had a stack of 2600 games. Pac-Man, Starmaster, Combat, Stampede, ET, Missile Command to name a few. Asking price? $10.00 EACH!

When I saw the Lynx my heart skipped a beat.

Ah well...I'm definetly going back next week!!!

Oh, wait, the wife... ;)

What sucks most about it is this is genuinely the FIRST Atari find I've had down here. I've seen Atari stuff before mind you...een today someone had a stack of 2600 games. Pac-Man, Starmaster, Combat, Stampede, ET, Missile Command to name a few. Asking price? $10.00 EACH!

When I saw the Lynx my heart skipped a beat.

Ah well...I'm definetly going back next week!!!

$10 for ET :lol: I had a guy basically beg me to buy the 2 copies he had by saying he'd throw them in for an extra buck when I bought 2 coleco carts for 4 total

Ah well...I'm going to ditch the unit. Paperboy is spoken for. If anyone wants the unit (for parts) its yours for shipping...probably $5 bucks or so.

Sucks too. I REALLY want a Lynx now that I've held one in my hands. :|

I'll be hitting the flee mkt again this weekend. Who knows?

• 2 weeks later...
Ah well...I'm going to ditch the unit. Paperboy is spoken for. If anyone wants the unit (for parts) its yours for shipping...probably $5 bucks or so.

Looks like the type of thing you see whenn the tension cliys on an LCD are loose- for the kind of screen that has those rubber strip compression conductors - or when a couple wires have been damaaged. I've never seen the inside of my lynx, so I don't know how the screen is hooked up. Might be worth taking apart and tigthening everything.

If you're talking about Thunderbird, then I'm afraid you'll find pickings to be slim indeed. The last Atari "score" I made in South Florida was a Crystal Castles XE cart in 1991 for $2 and I've found absolutely nothing else (odd battered 2600 carts notwithstanding) since then. I'm not especially surprised, as even in the '80s there were only one or two stores in the region that carried Atari computer items, and I never saw any stores in the region that had Lynx games or hardware.