IGNORED

PS2, Gamecube, or X Box, help me choose!

Neoc56

I don't know if i should get PS2, Gamecube, or X Box.

X Box doesn't look to appealing, but if you think it's good tell me.

I am really trying to decide between gamecube and ps2. They are both pretty good. I am leaning towards PS2 because of the DVD and GTA 3.

Gamecube has good games too but PS2 has good games too.

Please reply and help me......... :? :???: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :sleep:

I bought a PS2 the weekend of the last price drop here in Australia. It's the only thing in my house that can play DVDs. Between DVDs and a couple of nice games like ICO and Wipeout Fusion, I'm very happy with the purchase.

I'm waiting for a Gamecube/GBA bundle before I buy either of those. The fact that PAL GCs don't have S-Video out helps curb my desire, seriously. The only game I'm interested in for the GC is Super Smash Brothers Melee, but I know I'm not going to be able to play it with friends enough to really justify the cost of everything. More likely I'll spend most of my time playing some sweet 2D stuff for the GBA, particularly when I get a TV adapter for it.

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=1725

(Link goes to PAL version)

In fact, if you're just looking for some big screen fun and you're a fan of retro stuff, a GBA with a TV-out might be your best option.

I won't be buying an Xbox simply because it's a microsoft product. That and the fact that it's barely been selling here and doesn't look to have a long future.

I feel the same way about X box, i have no problem with microsoft yet i just don't like the idea of them making a game system.

Actually i think most of the game for gamecube are really retarded, except for melee, pikmin, street, and RE.

I also wanted to buy a DVD player and if i bought PS2 i could get both, a great gaming system and that.

A while ago i had been thinking of buying GBA. It has some really sweet games with great graphics. I fuly support you opinion about gamecube.

I will probably buy PS2 before gamecube.

PS: HOw do i get the picture under my name? :D :thumbsup:

PS: HOw do i get the picture under my name? :D  :thumbsup:

You can pick one from inside your profile page (located at the top of the page)

you can pick one of the stock pictures in the show gallery section there or make one that you like and upload it from your computer

I would say go with the PS2. The X BOX has alot of titles out for it, but not many that are good.

You'll have a wide variety of games for the PS 2 as it has been out longer. Grand Theft Auto 3 would be enough reason for me to get the PS2.

The GameCube is a great system, but doesn't have a whole lot of games out for it yet...although their starting to come out with more.

Who needs mass quantity when you have QUALITY  :D

That's very true. We have a GameCube and while we may only have 10 or so games, they are all really good games. I say PS2 because I've been going crazy wanting to play GTA3!!! I have heard though that the PS2 has quite a few good games out for it.

i have not even consider buying x-box. The only good game for it is halo. Is there anyone that has x-box that can prove me wrong.

I have been leaning toward PS2 for a while now because of gta3 and the dvd player. I know it has other great games too.....

I had also been thinking about buying gc before PS2 but it isn't starting to look that great. :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :arrow:

How about checking the games for the systems, games coming in the future (xbox has many titles that are promising), the PS2 has many out already, and the GC aswell. But if I were you I´d get a Dreamcast! Really! I got it 4 months ago and it´s the only modern system I play, and I got a xbox and a PS2. And it is cheap and so are the games + alot of emulotors including NES, Atari 2600, SNES available.

Anyhow, most people don't buy more than 10 games per year, so it doesn't really matter how many ARE released...!

Errm, 10 games per year is a little low don't you guys think ?

I hope you don't count Atari games in your figure ;)

Most people... you know, casual gamers and all. There isn't much hardcore playing and collecting nowadays. Even though I am, I probably only get through 20-25 new games per year at most. Retro stuff is another matter and not what I was talking about :D

Whereas here in Europe, it is very much like Japan: PS2 a clear leader (in sales if nothing else), GC is an easy second and X-box is way, way behind in third... the fact that you need broadband for going online and most countries outside Germany have poor broadband coverage might have something to do with it also!

Bez wrote

A least you can go on line with X-Box

Just because you can go online with X-Box doesn't mean that it is the greatest game system. I mean it would be cool to play online with halo, but it would be a waste of money just to buy X-Box for Halo.

It's just like my friend did, he bought PS2 and only has one game. Guess,......GTA3. He doesn't really plan on getting any new games.

:dunce: :D

Yeah, I agree Neoc56, this was just a reply for Mayhem, as you can see in an earlier post. He was referring to the xbox as something you need broadband to enjoy it or whatever. I basicly said that you can enjoy games without having to go online.

Myself: I dig the Dreamcast more than any of these systems mentioned!

No, that isn't what I was saying. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you NEED a broadband connection to get online with an X-box. You can (or will be able to) get online with DC, PS2 or GC with a normal 56k modem. When less than 15% of the European community have access to broadband, then the choice of console is a little easier if you want to play online!

However 90% of all console owners will probably never go online anyhows...

That still doesn't have a big impact on the sales figures of the 3 main consoles at this time. It should be down to the type of games you want to play. And apart from in the US, gamesplayers worldwide don't think that the X-box provides good enough entertainment to warrant purchase. Which explains its horrible sales figures. Hell, the Wonderswan outsells the X-box in Japan! :twisted:

As for the quality of games, there's only one company that you can almost guarentee buying a game from before reading any reviews, because you know it's going to be good. That company is Nintendo. And you can only play these games on their console. Which is why buying a GC is almost a necessary, even if it isn't your primary console...

BEz, i meant nothing against you at all saying somthing against your quote.

Forget about it. How is Dreamcast? What are some of the games besides sonic and crazy taxi. My freind has dreamcast and he says it's cool. He got a cool japenese game for it,RPG.

Right now i only have N64 and am a total Zelda junkie....ha :D