IGNORED

PS2, Gamecube, or X Box, help me choose!

Neoc56

I recommend XBOX, The PS2 may have more games out for it now since its been out longer but the xbox will get there in time, just like the PS2 had the time. Besides certain games are being made for both systems and in the end the xbox's versions look better graphically, and it usually either has the same gameplay on the ps2 or better or they change or add different things to make it better.

I got an xbox and ps2 and i barely play ps2. I think i should get rid of it but idunno

just my opinion :|

Well...it´s big, heavy and so on, nut te console is just a neccesary evil. You´ll have to check the games existing and the games coming out for it. And take it from there, according to me. Good games are coming, believe me.

If I were buying this year I'd go Gamecube - the software lineup is AWESOME - but I fear that Nintendo don't have plans to make next year awesome too :(

I was not impressed by the Xbox or PS2 at E3 - but I have to say since the show I've seen LOTS of really intresting Xbox games coming down the pipe... But less stuff on PS2 that will tempt me (I really don't fancy Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank etc)...

sTeVE

Hey, its me, Joey.

I reccommend either a PS2 or gamecube. Xbox is too expensive with all the accessories and stuff... heres the good features of gamecube

Gamecube just came out with a Wavebird controller, its like a remote with a 20 feet range... it also has tons of games that you can get on ps2 or xbox, but the controllers take awhile to get used to, it took my friend and hour to find where the z button is.

Ps2 has great games like GTA3 and Max Payne, and also Medal of Honor, frontline, also its the most popular... and it also has a DVD player built in.. no charges for accessories like xbox, I hate microsoft! :x :x anyway that my response and well i g2g cya later

I think X box would be a total waste. It has one good game-DOA 3- and that's it. Some poeple would disagree, but everyone knows Sony practically owns the market with Ps2 and the remodeled Psone. I think buying a Ps2 is your best buy. It can play both Ps2 games and PsX games. My friend has a GCN his best games areSimpsons Road Rage, SSX Tricky, and Super Smash Brothers Melee. I have none of these but I know a lot of people who do, and most of them have a PS2. I think Ps2 is your best buy and right now its only $200. A GCN costs $150, and Xbox is $200.

Put it to ya this way dude

Gamecube seems to be aimed at the younger audience. The majority of the titles that came out seem to be more kiddy titles, younger kids titles. True they havea few more adult and teen games, but yet what they have out and what will be coming out is more kid-oriented.

The Xbox and PS2 which are both good in their own ways are aimed for all audiences. But Graphically the xbox is better i dont care what anybosy else says, The xbox has many advantages over the ps2 due to the fact that ps2 came out like 2 years BEFORE the xbox, which means since it came out 2 years BEFORE the xbox they have more games. Big deal xbox doesnt have a large amount of games, sorry but rushing a game out as fast as possible doesnt mean quality on the shelf right away. Give the xbox time and there will be more games.

Ive also noticed particular games that came out for the PS2 are now out and coming out for the xbox. So in conclusionmy recommendation still stands the Xbox is more of the better choice. If you want a system with a good amount of games out already then just go with the PS2.

I'm not sure that you can say: "Gamecube seems to be aimed at the younger audience" - Its the home of resident Evil for the forseeable future and Eternal darkness ain't no Mario Golf!!!

I think you'll be surprised who mature many GC titles are gonna be (Metroid prime is very cool)... Still I worry what's coming after the BIG titles Nintendo is poised to unleash...

Its true in many ways the Xbox has the best hardware - it can certainly generate the most and best looking polys, but we all know that doesn't mean that the games will play well :) Thankfully after a poor E3 for Xbox the stuff coming down the pipe looks like it might be rather good, and hardware sales are picking up now.

I still reckon a GC with some Wavebird controllers and Mario Party 4 will be the best fun you can have this year on a videogame system :)

sTeVE

If you wanted to know more about the Gamecube. Why didn't you ask?

The Gamecube is one of the best choices. It's small and comes with a handle so you can move it around if needed. The controllers are also less than most and alot of the third party ones are good too like the Mad Catz controllers. The original Gamecube controllers aren't hard to get along with. It's sorta like a keyboard. Everything is in it's correct place.

As for the games. Next year some of the best titles will be released. Infact, Mario Sunshine is coming out in a few days! But next year the best stuff will show it's head. You will be able to buy Zelda, Metroid Prime, F-Zero, and other great titles. More titles are Golden Sun, Final Fantasy, Wario World, and other ausome games!

If you don't want the Gamecube, go with the PS2. I think it's just asgood of a choice. But I would rather the Gamecube.

I was in the same spot last November and wanted a new console.

I have a DVD player, so that wasn't a concern.

I only buy a handful of games a year, and mostly rent.

A friend owns a PS2, and I rented both an XBox and a GCN before deciding.

After some hemming and hawing I choose the GCN: it'll have a lot of the "multi-platform" games, plus it'll have the Nintendo franchise games like Mario, Zelda, Fzero, etc.

The PS2 was decent (tho very slow load times on a lot of games), and I would pick that as a close second.

The XBox left me cold: I tried several games and the only one I really liked was HALO. Plus those controllers - yuck! :P

ps2 = has all the games now but will begin falling behind on graphics soon

gc = hasent impressed me yet..

xbox = has some games out that are good but some shovelware too

Right now, I would wait until around november if you want to wait on the newer games and choose, but as for right now no console really has grabbed my eyes

I own a Gamecube, that I really got for Rogue Leader. In its first 2 years, the PS2 had nothing to tempt me, it seemed to just be catching up with the Dreamcast.

Now, though I love the cube, theres nothing really to buy for it for a while and I'm definitely going to invest in a PS2 as well, now that it's really got going game-wise.

So, really, if you're just going for one console, I'd say PS2 is pretty much a no-brainer - it just has the sheer variety that the other systems can't match. GC makes a wonderful second system though.

Xbox leaves me cold in the same way that PC games do - what can I say, I'm just not a bedroom hibernating 17 year old any more:)