IGNORED

Flashback2 at Target for only $17.00 on Black Friday 11/23

Hard to imagine someone on here not already owning one, but the Flashback 2 will be on sale at Target for only $17 on Black Friday. Might make nice cheap gifts!

Only thing is, I wonder if they are getting stock in for this because I can't remember the last time I saw one at any of my local Targets.

post-12780-1194576404_thumb.jpg

Ditto, thanks for the heads up.

I don't have one. Might get one for that price, if just for the controllers. How are they to use with the real consoles, 2600 and 7800. Good quality?

I haven't seen FB2s for sale anywhere in a long time.

... I wonder what's in the rest of the ad... :ponder:

Found it. I see the DVD of 300 is gonna be on sale for $6. I think people went batty when it was at Walmart recently for $10. Oops. ;)

500 gig external hard drive for $87. Yikes!

Edited by Brian R.

Ditto, thanks for the heads up.

I don't have one. Might get one for that price, if just for the controllers. How are they to use with the real consoles, 2600 and 7800. Good quality?

I haven't seen FB2s for sale anywhere in a long time.

The controllers are awesome! The only thing I noticed is they fit kinda tightly, but it's not really an issue-- less chance for them to fall out.

In El Paso, I think I counted 10 for sale :(

I wonder what is gonna be for sale like that that isn't in the ad.

Nathan

There's always ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...o%3D1&fgtp=

And a few here and there on google product search (a.k.a. froogle):

http://www.google.com/products?q=%22flashb...rch&show=li

But I'm imagining that Atari probably didn't continue production so they are probably starting to run out. I agree that it is surprising that Target is going to sell them on Black Friday but they are out of stock currently... Maybe they stopped selling them for now so they'd have enough inventory to spread around for the Black Friday sale.

Edited by Fort Apocalypse

But I'm imagining that Atari probably didn't continue production so they are probably starting to run out.

The last shipment were the Rev C.'s in the summer of 2006. And those had been manufactured some time before and been sitting for a while. So there has been no production for a good 2 years. Likewise, Atari sold the last of its own personal back stock (via its website) last December/January.

Again, these are probably shelf pulls/refurbs that Target would have. There are no new FB2's.

But I'm imagining that Atari probably didn't continue production so they are probably starting to run out.

The last shipment were the Rev C.'s in the summer of 2006. And those had been manufactured some time before and been sitting for a while. So there has been no production for a good 2 years. Likewise, Atari sold the last of its own personal back stock (via its website) last December/January.

Again, these are probably shelf pulls/refurbs that Target would have. There are no new FB2's.

Thanks, Marty! Good info. Was wondering when they stopped and that is really interesting about Atari selling the last ones via its website. Guess they were trying to get more bang for the buck on the last ones?

I really wish that they were doing this to clear up stock before a release of an FB2 that had a memory stick. :) Guess I'll have to wait for the next incarnation of Atari for that.

Thanks, Marty! Good info. Was wondering when they stopped and that is really interesting about Atari selling the last ones via its website. Guess they were trying to get more bang for the buck on the last ones?

I really wish that they were doing this to clear up stock before a release of an FB2 that had a memory stick. :) Guess I'll have to wait for the next incarnation of Atari for that.

I still can't see how Target can legally sell something as "new" that is a return/refurb. Unless they're going to be marked as such.

I still can't see how Target can legally sell something as "new" that is a return/refurb. Unless they're going to be marked as such.

We're not saying that (at least I'm not). Were just saying that Target has a supply of new FB2s (that were produced over a year ago) even though they are reporting that they don't have stock on their website. It's either that or they have a supplier they are waiting on. But either way, the "factory" stopped producing new FB2s some time back and they've just been sitting in some warehouse somewhere. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Did I mention I can't wait until the next Atari FB console? :)

No, I said they sold the last of their personal stock back then. Not the last of any FB2's anywhere. Each retailer (Walmart, Target, etc.) got their own shipments. Atari Inc. itself was a retailer as well, via its website.

Again, the last shipment to all retailers went out in August of last year (the thread is still here on AA). There were only 60,000 of them split between the retailers. So the only way Target would have enough to sell is if its selling units that were pulled from the shelves (after not selling at certain stores) and warehoused, and/or returned units.

Edited by wgungfu

The ad doesn't say anything about "new". Just says that they'll have units for that price. And more tell tale - "Quantities limited no rainchecks", which is their way of covering for the fact that its not a significant enough stock that all stores will have them let alone have more than a couple each.