IGNORED

Flashback2 at Target for only $17.00 on Black Friday 11/23

I've never heard of any reliability problems.

The only problem I've had is the one I bought as a gift, the sticks on the joysticks unscrewed very easily. The one I bought for myself, seems like those things are stuck in pretty good.

Some of the proto games are kind of glitchy, but from what I've read on the board, it's like that in all revisions.

You guys are great! I gotta tell you, reading everyone's stories, I am so impressed at even now - 2 years later, everyone is still going after the FB2's... sheez, the way you guys talk, you'd think you were scoring a Wii or something :-)

Well, some big news coming soon, Marty knows all about it and he's preparing his own News Release as is a friend of Mike Stulir from Wired magazine. Some things are being ironed out legal wise in the background and once its all wrapped up, everyone is in for a big surprise...

Biggest part is, it has NOTHING to do with Atari, it does however have to do with a video game company that was started back in the early 1980's and is making a comeback is a HUGE way.

Stay tuned...

Curt

I wounder if this is what Curt was talking:

Vivendi To Merge With Activision

You guys are great! I gotta tell you, reading everyone's stories, I am so impressed at even now - 2 years later, everyone is still going after the FB2's... sheez, the way you guys talk, you'd think you were scoring a Wii or something :-)

Well, some big news coming soon, Marty knows all about it and he's preparing his own News Release as is a friend of Mike Stulir from Wired magazine. Some things are being ironed out legal wise in the background and once its all wrapped up, everyone is in for a big surprise...

Biggest part is, it has NOTHING to do with Atari, it does however have to do with a video game company that was started back in the early 1980's and is making a comeback is a HUGE way.

Stay tuned...

Curt

I got 2 (out of the 3 left) Flashback 2's at my local Target last night. They make great gifts, and I may treat myself to a new set of FB2 joysticks for my 7800, since the ones I have are falling apart (though still working)

I'm glad I finally have one. I can let kids play games on it without worrying about them destroying or losing my cartridges. I like how it's not just a collection of games made by Atari. I'd like it even more if I had a modified version where I could add more games.

Doubtful. Activision doesn't need to make any comebacks, they're a pretty huge publisher.

Dunno who Vivendi are, but I don't think they were around in the 80s, so probably not them either.

Oh geeze, I just checked Wikipedia, Vivendi have been around since 1853 :-o

I'm glad I finally have one. I can let kids play games on it without worrying about them destroying or losing my cartridges. I like how it's not just a collection of games made by Atari. I'd like it even more if I had a modified version where I could add more games.

Have you tried the "1972 hack" to play the paddle games yet?

Nope. Thanks for mentioning it. I just looked it up. Seems like too much trouble just to play two games. If it opened up 40 more games, then I'd be more likely to do it. :D

I wish I could pop in an SD card or something similar.

Nope. Thanks for mentioning it. I just looked it up. Seems like too much trouble just to play two games. If it opened up 40 more games, then I'd be more likely to do it. :D

I wish I could pop in an SD card or something similar.

Trust me.. you WILL feel nice testing those paddle games.. think of it like a under-Atari's-radar sneak of two great games, just for the absolute fans of this little machine. Imagine all the mainstream buyers out there that WONT have the chance to experience those games or the test modes!

Its like an exclusive feature only, inside a machine for the world... and only a few batch of people can unlock its secrets!!

Commodore?

If it is then I hope they ditch microsoft. I remember firing up my old 128, and seeing "Copyright Microsoft" on the screen. It meant nothing then, but now.... I wanted to cry. At least the 64 mode was untainted (and that's where all the games resided)

Well?

Stay tuned...

Curt

Might want to look again, the OS in the C= 8-bit line was done by Microsoft. Back then, M$ had a hand in everything. I always thought it was weird, but whatever.

Might want to look again, the OS in the C= 8-bit line was done by Microsoft. Back then, M$ had a hand in everything. I always thought it was weird, but whatever.

No, just the BASIC interpreter was licensed from Microsoft, not the OS. Commodore (like a lot of the companies at the time) licensed Microsoft's 6502 BASIC for the Commodore BASIC.

No, just the BASIC interpreter was licensed from Microsoft, not the OS. Commodore (like a lot of the companies at the time) licensed Microsoft's 6502 BASIC for the Commodore BASIC.

If you wanted to be really pedantic, the shell uses the C-64 BASIC commands, even before you can get to the kernel and other ML routines (via LOAD/SYS). While it's not entirely precise, the usage of shell to mean OS is pretty common. GEOS had "OS" as part of the name, so even in those days it didn't always mean the ROM code.

Not that I care one way or another. :) You're both right.

• 1 month later...

Stay tuned...

Curt

So, has anyone figured out what Curt was talking about yet? I remembered this post after reading all the bad stuff that is going on at Atari these days.

Official Atari Death Watch Thread

I was kind of hoping for some good new. Well I'm sure what ever it is will be posted when it is ready.

Flashback IIs or otherwise known as The Atari FBii, pronounced Bee, is sought after new and is better than the Wii. If I lived in the U.S., I'd be buying a lot. I saw a used in box FBii FOR $29.99 (RIP).

My Guess is either Namco si coming out with a home gaming unit incorporating all of there arcade classics or a home Colecovision or Intellivision console with built in games.

That's what I think.

Edited by Atari Charles