IGNORED

Flashback2 at Target for only $17.00 on Black Friday 11/23

Wow...you guys got me feeling like I need to go back and try harder to find one. I just heard the lady say "There's none left." and assumed she knew what she was talking about.

Biggest part is, it has NOTHING to do with Atari...

In addition to the Flashback news you said we'd be getting in 08? =D

Commodore?

If it is then I hope they ditch microsoft. I remember firing up my old 128, and seeing "Copyright Microsoft" on the screen. It meant nothing then, but now.... I wanted to cry. At least the 64 mode was untainted (and that's where all the games resided)

Well?

Biggest part is, it has NOTHING to do with Atari, it does however have to do with a video game company that was started back in the early 1980's and is making a comeback is a HUGE way.

Stay tuned...

Curt

Maybe an EA games, that way M.U.L.E. could be on there, mini C=64 replica, which was my all-time favorite right next to Atari!

Another guess, a miniaturized Intellivision 25-in-1?

Rick

Edited by TrekkiELO

Maybe an EA games, that way M.U.L.E. could be on there, mini C=64 replica, which was my all-time favorite right next to Atari!

Another guess, a miniaturized Intellivision 25-in-1?

Rick

I think either one would be great. I did notice that Intellivision already has a new product out. (Sold Out too!)

Intellivision 10 2nd Edition

The news may not be Atari related, but either way, thanks Curt for the information.

I've been tempted to get one of those (especially since the new one has D&D on it, except: "Games have been optimized for this unit and are not identical to the original Intellivision games.", sounds like Nintendo-on-a-chip to me =/

Plus, Intellivision came out in '79, and Mattel's been around much longer, so it can't be that. Colecovision...but they've been around before the 80s too. Sega? Even though there's plenty of Sega handhelds (some of them from Curt)? Commodore, which just had a pretty impressive handheld?

I just checked a few timelines, and have no idea who it could be (might not even be a console manufacturer). Here we are, back to speculating :ponder:

I've been tempted to get one of those (especially since the new one has D&D on it, except: "Games have been optimized for this unit and are not identical to the original Intellivision games.", sounds like Nintendo-on-a-chip to me =/

Plus, Intellivision came out in '79, and Mattel's been around much longer, so it can't be that. Colecovision...but they've been around before the 80s too. Sega? Even though there's plenty of Sega handhelds (some of them from Curt)? Commodore, which just had a pretty impressive handheld?

I just checked a few timelines, and have no idea who it could be (might not even be a console manufacturer). Here we are, back to speculating :ponder:

Maybe somebody like Imagic? Their time line is about right, isn't it? Curt didn't say if it is a video game company that made hardware. I wound say Activision, but they never went away, so it can't be Activision.

Sometimes speculating can be fun! :D

This will be totally separate company and product line from that project. Atari is working through some extremely difficult times for its US operations right now and the portable system was a casualty for the 07' season because of that.

This other company and product lines have nothing to do with Atari.

Curt

Wow...you guys got me feeling like I need to go back and try harder to find one. I just heard the lady say "There's none left." and assumed she knew what she was talking about.

Biggest part is, it has NOTHING to do with Atari...

In addition to the Flashback news you said we'd be getting in 08? =D

You guys are great! I gotta tell you, reading everyone's stories, I am so impressed at even now - 2 years later, everyone is still going after the FB2's... sheez, the way you guys talk, you'd think you were scoring a Wii or something :-)

Well, some big news coming soon, Marty knows all about it and he's preparing his own News Release as is a friend of Mike Stulir from Wired magazine. Some things are being ironed out legal wise in the background and once its all wrapped up, everyone is in for a big surprise...

Biggest part is, it has NOTHING to do with Atari, it does however have to do with a video game company that was started back in the early 1980's and is making a comeback is a HUGE way.

Stay tuned...

Curt

I think I called this one :D

QUOTE (mimo @ Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:15 AM) *

Well, in another post (cant be bothered to find it) it has been mentioned that the Atari 8bit OS is public domain, so surely Curt could design a Flash Back type product that can "be" an Atari as long as it is not branded as an Atari icon_question.gif

This makes me think an interesting thought... What if Curt was to make the next FB-type game with another company?? It might be a way out thought, but I have to entertain it. I mean, what game company wouldn't want someone like Curt in their camp? Skilled, experienced, good people skills and has a ton of creativity to boot. Not even coutning the input he gets from us here. Had to speak out. Curt's the man.

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan

This will be totally separate company and product line from that project. Atari is working through some extremely difficult times for its US operations right now and the portable system was a casualty for the 07' season because of that.

This other company and product lines have nothing to do with Atari.

Curt

So, Curt, are you saying that the Atari portable is only a casualty for '07? Does that mean we'll see it next year, or is it permanently dead?

Thanks for the info!

</tim>

CommodoreGaming looks like a pretty big comeback. Maybe they are raising some cash for the revival.

The Vintage C64 section is an ever growing fundamental part of the website. Here you can explore Commodore's history, read excerpts from Brian Bagnall's compulsary book On the Edge and play games from the first generation of Commodore C64 software. But there is more, much more to come.

Thats what it is then? A miniature Commodore 64 GS? Maybe with a bunch of 30-40 built in games? Or really radical with a C64 cartridge port? Hard to imagine that if its targeted to the same market like Flashback 1 and 2..

Or it might be a small PC-oriented console born to play games? (All Commodore gaming advertising is about PC's..)

Hard to imagine something like it. And curt talked about legal resolve so it is not something modern. Legal issues would be eliminated in order to use software from companies that wrote games for the C64? Sounds so much like it is what its all about.. So back to the C64..

Commodore games always rocked but I just cant see any great deal about it. Dont get me wrong, this might be some nice unit and all and I might even buy one (if its Commodore in the very end, all we discuss and speculate about). But in the same time its not a freaking Atari guys.. I mean, we have and cherish this great site out of our love for the Atari brand, the Atari 2600 and all Atari related things.. We collect, play, and enjoy our Atari consoles. We even introduce young kids to play with this humble and everlasting video game system.. We supported and bought the Flashback 1, the Flashback 2.. everyone would die to have a Flashback 3.. we all see the pattern here..

So this just doesnt stick with me, you know..

It might be a new nice and quality console for all we know about Curt's great work and obsession with quality, but not being something Atari related (not even an 8bit Atari), its just wasted potential to my book...

Feel free to comment here...

Edited by phil_vr

Thats what it is then? A miniature Commodore 64 GS? Maybe with a bunch of 30-40 built in games? Or really radical with a C64 cartridge port? Hard to imagine that if its targeted to the same market like Flashback 1 and 2..

The Commodore on a stick is already here. It has been here for a long time. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it has to do with SEGA. It would be a huge story if SEGA is getting back into the game hardware biz.

Just a thought.....

The Commodore on a stick is already here. It has been here for a long time. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it has to do with SEGA. It would be a huge story if SEGA is getting back into the game hardware biz.

Just a thought.....

I like your thought.. I love Sega much more than Commodore...

But the questionmark is still there... no Atari? It is just so wrong.. :sad:

I know what is happening! Imagic is coming back! Since Activision didn't put Imagic games in the GBA collection, Imagic spontaneously reformed and killed a bunch of suits over at Activision and took back all of the Imagic games. Imagic will now sell their old games, a bunch of new games, and they will introduce the new Imagic computer that is part Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, VIC-20, Commodore 64, and Commodore Amiga. The magic is back! :D

You guys are great! I gotta tell you, reading everyone's stories, I am so impressed at even now - 2 years later, everyone is still going after the FB2's... sheez, the way you guys talk, you'd think you were scoring a Wii or something :-)

I went looking at two local Target stores in Philly, and none were to be found. Like Curt, I am very pleased to see everyone still wanting FB2's. I know I would like a couple of spares myself, and I'm sure that I will have to pay too much for them on eBay if I expect to find any. Thanks for all of the ongoing support. I'm sure Curt & Marty will agree with me when I say that you guys are the best!!!

Well, some big news coming soon, Marty knows all about it and he's preparing his own News Release as is a friend of Mike Stulir from Wired magazine. Some things are being ironed out legal wise in the background and once its all wrapped up, everyone is in for a big surprise...

Stay tuned...

Curt

Curt has some interesting products up his sleeve that should interest all gamers. I await everyone's reaction once the announcement is made.

Scored 5 more! Went today at Target and found one outcast left & abandoned on a shelf among board games. Searching and asking got me 4 more and I went over to the register. They had them for 19.99 and I had to ask for the manager and talk to him about black friday and why they didnt displayed them all (I was there two times that day and told me that they were gone). Eventually the guy gave authorization and I paid 17$ each as it was supposed to be!

I think Target owe us all bigtime for clearing up their inventory from Atari's!

Well, we went back yesterday...my GF used to work there, so she asked one of her old coworkers (someone who would actually know), and she said they had like 26 or so on Friday, and they all sold =/ She didn't ask whether they all sold within the first 30 minutes, but I guess at that point, it didn't quite matter.

Kind of tempted to go check out some neighboring towns.

Well, we went back yesterday...my GF used to work there, so she asked one of her old coworkers (someone who would actually know), and she said they had like 26 or so on Friday, and they all sold =/ She didn't ask whether they all sold within the first 30 minutes, but I guess at that point, it didn't quite matter.

Kind of tempted to go check out some neighboring towns.

Hey Asaki..

Check on target site about availability on your local stores. If you see that they are available, they are definitelly in their inventory so just go straight to a manager and tell him so. They are just lazy because of the rush of recent days..

Hope you get some left there... and be strict about the 17$ price tag. They had them all along they just didnt displayed them all so they could rip of a couple bucks more now..