IGNORED

Flashback2 at Target for only $17.00 on Black Friday 11/23

Check on target site about availability on your local stores.

I can't even find them on the website... :|

I couldn't find them either, no search or browsing that I could think of would come up with the Flashback 2. I had to use the link posted earlier in this thread:

http://www.target.com/Atari-Flashback-2/dp...%202&page=1

..Al

They had some in stock for about 20 minutes at midnight on black friday, then they had none, they had some yesterday afternoon, and they have none up to now.. They seem to come and go based on reports from warehouses of something.. Now it seems its out of stock, and they even removed the Flashback from their regular site...

Edited by phil_vr

I'm glad I posted this now! Funny thing is, I never even bothered to look at mine. In fact, I didn't step foot inside a store on Friday at all. I already have a FB2 for my collection and I never play it, and I can't think of anyone who I'd give one to that didn't already have one.

For those who are finding them, I'm curious. Did you see them in your Targets before this sale? Did it seem like they got in stock just for this? Like I said in my post, my Targets had been cleaned out for months, maybe since before last Christmas. I bought mine at Walmart on clearance about a year ago for about $20.

I'm glad I posted this now! Funny thing is, I never even bothered to look at mine. In fact, I didn't step foot inside a store on Friday at all. I already have a FB2 for my collection and I never play it, and I can't think of anyone who I'd give one to that didn't already have one.

For those who are finding them, I'm curious. Did you see them in your Targets before this sale? Did it seem like they got in stock just for this? Like I said in my post, my Targets had been cleaned out for months, maybe since before last Christmas. I bought mine at Walmart on clearance about a year ago for about $20.

I hadn't seen any FB2's for a year in the city's near where I live. I was lucky that Target got some in for this sale.

I hadn't seen any FB2's for a year in the city's near where I live.

Ditto to that, I've only checked at the Target in our city, though...and I've never seen them at any other stores.

Gonna hit up GR tomorrow, though. We've already called, the guy said they have lots of them, and we're gonna call tomorrow morning and have them hold one (just in case) :thumbsup:

Edited by Asaki

Check on target site about availability on your local stores.

I can't even find them on the website... :|

I couldn't find them either, no search or browsing that I could think of would come up with the Flashback 2. I had to use the link posted earlier in this thread:

http://www.target.com/Atari-Flashback-2/dp...%202&page=1

..Al

Great link - turns out some are in stock near my house. I love to give these as gifts, and I love to use these joysticks on my real system.

First post here :cool:

My local Targets were all out of stock, but I was able to order one of the last systems from Amazon.com / Target for 19.99 + shipping. Not 17.00 but still under $30 shipped at least. I've been thinking about getting a flashback 2 for a few years, and I'm glad to snag one before they became impossible to find at MSRP.

If original VCS's sold for this much back then and we all had enough money (as kids), imagine the stash of Atari's that we would all have today (my original from 1980 is still working just fine)...

If that did happened... Atari would had survived the 84 video game crash and would still be the leader in gaming with its original lineup and innovations.. They would not let Nintendo or anyone else stand in their way.. one can only wonder how things would have been now..

If original VCS's sold for this much back then and we all had enough money (as kids), imagine the stash of Atari's that we would all have today (my original from 1980 is still working just fine)...

Barring when my light sixer broke, my 2600 console stash would probably be the same, but I'd have a heck of a lot more games :twisted:

But I was born a tad bit too late for most of that...I probably would've come home from the store with enough candy to put myself into a diabetic coma.

...not that I've grown very much... :ponder:

The inventory through Target is not totally accurate. Some stores show inventory and do not have them. I went to four stores that showed inventory and only two of them had Flashbacks.

I have a similar story. I went to three Target stores that Target.com indicated had Flashbacks in stock, but only the third seemed to have them. I noticed, however, by scanning my Flashback at one of their price check stations, that it didn't have any designated aisle, but instead was listed as being in the "stock room." I checked Target.com for that store after I bought one of the two Flashbacks, and the status changed from "Available" to "Limited Availability." I wonder if the online inventories are (mostly) accurate, but sometimes employees don't know where to find them.