IGNORED

Who owns a NTSC Z-Tack?

Rom Hunter

All I know is that the so called NTSC Z-Tack ROM isn't Z-Tack at all, but some sort of hack.

The instructions talk about a floating ball:

http://www.atariage.com/manual_html_page.h...wareLabelID=605

while the false Z-Tack ROM displays a skull & crossbones instead:

post-6203-1197312089_thumb.jpg

So AFAIK Z-Tack NTSC has never been dumped.

I removed the faulty ROM from our database.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

All I know is that the so called NTSC Z-Tack ROM isn't Z-Tack at all, but some sort of hack.

The instructions talk about a floating ball:

http://www.atariage.com/manual_html_page.h...wareLabelID=605

while the false Z-Tack ROM displays a skull & crossbones instead:

post-6203-1197312089_thumb.jpg

So AFAIK Z-Tack NTSC has never been dumped.

I removed the faulty ROM from our database.

8)

Interesting. I wonder if those instructions were PAL though and got mixed up? Maybe if you asked Cpuwiz real nicely he'd open his up and dump it. He's probably the only one that has both this cart and a dumper.

Interesting. I wonder if those instructions were PAL though and got mixed up?
I find it very hard to believe that the PAL version has other graphics than the NTSC version.
Maybe if you asked Cpuwiz real nicely he'd open his up and dump it. He's probably the only one that has both this cart and a dumper.
CPUWIZ?

Some screenshots would already solve the mystery.

BTW: that NTSC hack looks exactly like Cosmic Town from ITT (only the format differs).

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I can't and I fucking hate BOMB carts, my perfectly working Z-Tack is a doorstop now and it has the 'Q.C. Passed N' sticker too. :x

Maybe I should just sell all this shit before all of it turns into paperweights. :roll:

Yes, Omegamatrix, I did remove the shrinkwrap to check. LOL

I can't and I fucking hate BOMB carts, my perfectly working Z-Tack is a doorstop now and it has the 'Q.C. Passed N' sticker too. :x

Maybe I should just sell all this shit before all of it turns into paperweights. :roll:

Jesus.

What is it with those Bomb carts?

It seems as if they implode on sight.

8)

Jesus.

What is it with those Bomb carts?

It seems as if they implode on sight.

8)

Q.C. my ass, would be my guess. I bet they used some screwed up Chinese factory to make those ROM's and they were like "Who the hell cares if these work in 10 years?". Much like they do with consumer electronics these days. :|

Q.C. my ass, would be my guess. I bet they used some screwed up Chinese factory to make those ROM's and they were like "Who the hell cares if these work in 10 years?". Much like they do with consumer electronics these days.
Yep.

Man, I almost feel guilty for asking people to put this cart into their VCS.

8)

Sorry, but what's a bomb cart? And what happened?

These are Bomb carts:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...n_sauver=Search

Just like PlayAround carts, they're famous for their not-working-anymore quality.

Another reason to dump that ROM asap.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I appreciate that. :cool: Did the instructions discribe the same floating ball or a skull & crossbones?

Wow, straight from the package and the thing does not work. I hope an actual version of this game gets dumped sometime before they all don't work.

There is just something ironic about a company called Bomb that has games which act like duds. After dumping my Great Escape and finding a different rom then the one out there I still firmly believe there is a dump out there for Wall Defender that is waiting to be done too. I think there should be a cart out there that has something very close to the 262 scan line count. We'll see.

~Omega

Sorry, but what's a bomb cart?

BOMB cart (noun): Any of several rare, shitty games made by a British company called Onbase Co., Ltd....Primarily distributed in the U.K and Australia in PAL format but also found (in extremely limited quantities) in the U.S. and Canada in NTSC format....Not only extremely difficult to locate but also notorious for their flaky build quality and ROM degeneration.

Just like PlayAround carts, they're famous for their not-working-anymore quality.

But did the Playaround double-enders ever work properly?

Any of several rare, shitty games made by a British company called Onbase Co., Ltd

Assault is a decent game, just as Sir Lancelot is also a decent game by Xononx, which is known for making crappy games as well.

But did the Playaround double-enders ever work properly?

Yep. Sly sold off a few a long time ago. They are really hard to find working properly, but they exist.

Ok I'm lost here. If they're not EPROMs, how do they suddenly go bad? Were they just bad when they came from the factory?

I was wondering the same thing/

What do you expect, guys? The name of the company was bomb!

So it is´s a self-fulfilling prophecy!! That´s for sure.................. :D :D :D :D

I have had a few BOMB carts go bad on me, after that I sold the working ones since I didn't feel like playing the waiting game. They are just to expensive and not reliable. Get the PAL equivalent for your collection if you ask me. It's about 5% of the price and looks identical, oh yeah, and it won't die on you suddenly either....well if it does another one will run you about 10 bucks.

BTW - Just a general statement here but wasn't BOMB owned by K-TEL? I am pretty sure they were. I thought K-TEL owned, or at least distributed

games from Ultravision, BOMB, K-tel (obviously) and XONOX.

I have had a few BOMB carts go bad on me, after that I sold the working ones since I didn't feel like playing the waiting game. They are just to expensive and not reliable. Get the PAL equivalent for your collection if you ask me. It's about 5% of the price and looks identical, oh yeah, and it won't die on you suddenly either....well if it does another one will run you about 10 bucks.

BTW - Just a general statement here but wasn't BOMB owned by K-TEL? I am pretty sure they were. I thought K-TEL owned, or at least distributed

games from Ultravision, BOMB, K-tel (obviously) and XONOX.

I have some Xonox instructions for Tomarc and Motocross. I can't find them right now though. :x Either they have K-tel written on them or the catalogue I have as well. I can't remember. Certainly K-tel was affiliated with Xononx at least in Canada.