IGNORED

Pixel

Battlezone

1 white, 3 green and 3 red here... :(

I wish I could change the LCD by a new one, but I guess that this LCD technology is not made anymore (yes I'm probably the only one Lynx fan to love the Lynx LCD with its famous vertical scanlines and washed colors ! ;) ).

hi Aga, do you remember if there were from the beginning, or they appear later, using the console?

Actually I bought my Lynx on eBay 3 years ago. In the auction it was described as new and when I received it, it was in very good condition and seemed really new, so I think it was. And as far as my memory goes, I don't remember any LCD problem.

I bought the Lynx to try Alpine Games and I bought Dracula too. And after playing a while with these games I didn't played that much with this handeld : I turned on the Lynx a dozen times since 3 years, so it's quite strange that suddenly some pixel die in the screen. It's very strange to me, I don't understand (I don't think the LCD screen is that cheap), maybe the Lynx wasn't new after all... :?:

hi Aga, do you remember if there were from the beginning, or they appear later, using the console?

Actually I bought my Lynx on eBay 3 years ago. In the auction it was described as new and when I received it, it was in very good condition and seemed really new, so I think it was. And as far as my memory goes, I don't remember any LCD problem.

I bought the Lynx to try Alpine Games and I bought Dracula too. And after playing a while with these games I didn't played that much with this handeld : I turned on the Lynx a dozen times since 3 years, so it's quite strange that suddenly some pixel die in the screen. It's very strange to me, I don't understand (I don't think the LCD screen is that cheap), maybe the Lynx wasn't new after all... :?:

I'm not an expert, I hope my console bought 2 weeks ago on ebay as new is really new, but probrably it is not very important the conditions, new or used. Often you can buy new monitor for pc, projectors, Digital cameras, consoles like PSP or Nintendo DS etc... with some dead pixel. But, yes, it's sad to find dead pixel, especially in small LCD screens.

About Lynx I found this:

"Also, the new Lynx can experience what is called "blinking pixel syndrome".

With certain game cards, one pixel on the screen (usually stationary)

cycles through all the colors very quickly. It does not affect game play,

and isn't always noticed unless it's looked for. It seems to be fixed in

later Lynxes, making it even less of a factor."

but my green pixel is really evident with all games.

if the pixel is colored it's not dead, just fyi, it's just stuck on that color, i'm not aware of a fix. no dead pixels on my lynx or stuck pixels, however, if it makes you feel better, my good GameGear has 2 true dead pixels. doesn't really bother me though, a stuck pixel though would.

Thank you for your consoling words :) But it's strange to know a friend, who had about 15 Lynx passed from his hands, and no one with dead or stuck pixels. I have just 2 consoles: one with 2 stuck pixels, and the other with 3 (I have seen better).

How can I recognize a dead pixel ?

somewhere I read stuck pixels can (sometimes) return efficient, using the system... I doubt it