IGNORED

The 2007 AtariAge Holiday Sale Has Arrived!

Albert

tjb - you can use the spoiler tags for hiding spoilers.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Like so:

*** WARNING: SPOILER ALERT ***

Don't read any further if you don't want to hear the details of the baby snake.

Funny, for some reason I didn't make the connection between the baby snake and B*nQ until you mentioned it. Anyway, there's this little package that says baby snake on the outside. When you go to open the package it makes a sound kind of like a rattler. Even though you know it can't possibly contain a baby snake it startles you and makes you jump (at least it did me)! It's a piece of plastic with a rubber band and a metal piece that you wind up (to ready it for the next victim). It worked like a charm on my wife. Next I think I'll take it to work.

Just highlight it with your cursor it to read it. :)

Sorry, I wasn't aware of the spolier tags. Good to know for future postings. Thanks.

tjb

How many different magnets were made? I got 7, all different.

Seven different magnets were made, so you have a complete set.

..Al

Cool! Now my poor old OCD self will sleep well tonight!

:D

Thanks again, Al and all the developers for another great bunch of games on the Holiday sale this year.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of the spolier tags. Good to know for future postings. Thanks.

You can edit the prior reply to add the SPOILER tags.

Duh! I'm just not with it today! I should stop while I'm ahead. FWIW I edited the original post...

tjb

How many different magnets were made? I got 7, all different.

Seven different magnets were made, so you have a complete set.

..Al

Opened my box of games today! Damn I only have 6 of the 7 magnets! The horror! :D

I hope Al will make the magnets available some how so I can get the last one next time I order from the store. Now to go try out my carts on my 2600...

got my package yesterday 5 days to come to Belgium

congratulations, that is fast!!!!

I had 2 small problems

Go Fish doesnt work on a 7800

and one of the magnet is not magnetized, lol

just funny

yes some of the carts need some adjustments to fit in the slot

my trick just squeeze a bit , the center of the cart

i finally got around to playing a few of my games. here are my first reactions.

Gingerbread Man:

i screamed "F*** THIS GAME" repeatedly. level 3 is ridiculous. the manual does not help you understand what to do in Level 4. somehow i got past it. i gave up on level 7.

Space Battle:

i screamed "IT WAS GREEN, YOU SON OF A B****" and other variants of it. i got to level 3 on my second game. the boss battle excites me.

Hunchy 2:

i pressed the MUTE button on my remote control. that noise got annoying fast. i bet money that there's some kind of easter egg on the intro "level". i think it was stage 3 or 4 that keeps ending my game. i stink.

Sync:

in Mantra, i watched the game end within seconds, multiple times. then i tried Jitter and was able to turn the screen red so i guess i won. then i started a game of Flow, but i put the controller down and started dancing around it instead.

Stella's Stocking:

i don't open my Holiday Carts, so i won't be able to play it until December '08 if/when an unnumbered version is sold. i have #188.

once i get the hang of all the games on Sync, it will probably be my favorite homebrew of this batch i ordered. but again, these are all just first impressions, likely to change drastically by the end of the day.

Edited by bomberpunk

So far my favorite is Squish Em. Simple and addictive gameplay, this kind of game is what Atari is all about.

One little thing that annoys me is that you can't turn back while jumping, so if for example, a bug is moving away from you, then you jump to squish it, but while you are in mid-air it turns back, you land too far on it's far side and die. Maybe the original version this one was based on is like that, but I just hate an inevitable death. Then again, maybe I just suck at this game too.

Besides that, gameplay is great, colors and graphics are sweet and sound is cute! I think this is going to be my most-played homebrew ever.

Bobby, my hat is well off!

Hunchy 2:

i pressed the MUTE button on my remote control. that noise got annoying fast. i bet money that there's some kind of easter egg on the intro "level". i think it was stage 3 or 4 that keeps ending my game. i stink.

The intro level spells out "HUNCHY II" if you look carefully. The sound effects definitely are annoying - I won't make that mistake again!

Chris

congratulations, that is fast!!!!

That's great! Now if shipping to Canada was as fast. :)

I had 2 small problems

Interesting--does the cart work on a 2600?

The magnets aren't as strong as I'd like overall, but I hadn't seen any that are not magnetized. :( Remind me the next time I send you something and I'll include a replacement.

..Al

...Gingerbread Man:

i screamed "F*** THIS GAME" repeatedly. level 3 is ridiculous. the manual does not help you understand what to do in Level 4. somehow i got past it. i gave up on level 7...

LOL! Yeah that bird is annoying! Argh!

hint for level 4: grab a leaf then go bounce on a vine/root. :)

Got my order earlier in the week & have had a chance to put several hrs into the games

Reindeer Rescue

Qb

Gingerbread Man

Toyshop Trouble

Stella's Stocking

I have to say, it's super exciting for me to be playing brand new (& relatively new) 2600 games. This is my 1st batch of 2600 homebrews (just got back into the system about a year ago) but it certainly won't be my last! Thank you for the coupon! As soon as I get meself a 7800, I'll be getting Asteroids Deluxe & Space Duel.

This is one great place to net-hang & everyone here has been super nice & very helpful, helping me with hardware problems, getting me good trade deals on games & just general information. A big thank you to Al & too all the programmers!

Peace

I have to say, it's super exciting for me to be playing brand new (& relatively new) 2600 games. This is my 1st batch of 2600 homebrews (just got back into the system about a year ago) but it certainly won't be my last! Thank you for the coupon! As soon as I get meself a 7800, I'll be getting Asteroids Deluxe & Space Duel.

This is one great place to net-hang & everyone here has been super nice & very helpful, helping me with hardware problems, getting me good trade deals on games & just general information. A big thank you to Al & too all the programmers!

Peace

Welcome to the word of Hombrews and new Atari Games in the 21st century

DEF Get a 7800 For Pac Man Collection (Both Pac Man and Ms Pac Man in 1 cart + MORE) Beef Drop (Burger Time) GREAT

As for Asteroids Deluxe and Space Duel I spent alot of last night with them and WOW Great Fun You think your playing the Arcade versions

also get b*nq! (Qbert) another Arcade conversion done 100% Right!

and Plenty of 2600 carts to get here in the store

Never thought 31 years after the introduction of the VCS that NEW Great Games would still come out

Hey, I wasn't going to mention it, but one of mine refuses to stick to the fridge...just not maggy enough.

Also, does anyone had a problem fitting the AtariVox into a heavy 6er? Mine just does not want to get into that joystick port--I think it just might be the casing on mine? Looks tight in there, but joysticks fit in fine. Maybe I need an extension cable.

Overall, I love the games. I do open my holiday carts, and this one is a winner. Much thanks to all!

The magnets aren't as strong as I'd like overall, but I hadn't seen any that are not magnetized. :( Remind me the next time I send you something and I'll include a replacement.

..Al

Hey, I wasn't going to mention it, but one of mine refuses to stick to the fridge...just not maggy enough.

I've gotten a couple that are barely able to hold themselves up. They aren't exactly built for heavy duty use. ;)

Also, does anyone had a problem fitting the AtariVox into a heavy 6er? Mine just does not want to get into that joystick port--I think it just might be the casing on mine? Looks tight in there, but joysticks fit in fine. Maybe I need an extension cable.

I filed down the little tabs on the end of the AtariVox's case, and then it fit fine. The tabs aren't necessary for holding the AtariVox together.

I had 2 small problems

Interesting--does the cart work on a 2600?

yes on my crappy reception 2600, it does work...

this one (life begins at twenty six hundred) doesnt stick at all

thanks

Edited by lucifershalo