IGNORED

The 2007 AtariAge Holiday Sale Has Arrived!

Albert

I few seconds with Colony 7 was all I needed to tell me I want that one. Definitely need a joystick for that one. Using the arrow buttons just won't do.

Not to swell Manuel's head but I am quite the fan of his games and always try and buy them as soon as they are released. I am still playin' SeaWolf as much today as in '04.

WP

I was just curious as to what games would be going away after the sale until next year. I'd assume Stella's Stocking, QB, Reindeer Rescue.... but like will Gingerbread Man be available year round or not until the next holiday sale. Thanks!

Stella's Stocking and Qb will be going away after the sale. I also have limited number of the AtariVox and those are selling pretty quickly. There's also a fairly small number of Castle Crisis for the Atari 800 as well as Squares! for the ColecoVision.

..Al

Castle Crisis will work on an Atari 400 as well. That's what I use to play it.

I have 10 games coming PLUS the 4 I ordered weeks ago.

Check this...I'm waiting to see if I should confirm my order. I finally do. MINUTES later I get another package with more Christmas money! D'oh!

I kept thinking I should make another order, but decided against it. With 4 homebrews on Christmas then 10 coming next year...I've got my hands full. Plus, with the baby soon I won't have as much time, so it's cool I guess.

Guess I'll start saving big time for next year's Holiday Sale.

Looks like I'll be grabbing about four games:

Beef Drop VE

Asteroids Deluxe

b*nQ

Space Duel

and one of the free Stella's Stocking cart if I may.

I can't place the order until after Christmas, though. Of course, if anyone would like to donate carts to me, I'll gladly PM them my address! :D I'd offer to pay for shipping, but someone will probably try to mail me a crate of ET carts... :ponder:

After seeing the new holiday cart, I just splurged and couldnt resist ordering:

• 2007 Holiday Cart: Stella's Stocking
  • Fall Down
  • Qb
  • Conquest of Mars
  • Toyshop Trouble
  • Colony 7

I really can't afford this right now but what the hell... you only live once!

I'm happy to support the programmers and all their hard work keeping the 2600 alive and well for us diehards! It will be a Merry Christmas indeed!

Seasons greetings everyone!

More SeaWolf praise!

I got a blue cart back when it came out, and it is still one of my 2600 favorites to this day. I even got my 60 year old father hooked on it when he came to visit. It easily stands up to any homebrew or old release. And it looks great through a 7800 too. That's where I usually play it, a lot.

I'd recommend picking it up in the Christmas Sale.

There are so many good choices this year. But that would be a very good one if you don't yet have it. It's addictive and has great colors.

By the way, does the company that made the blue carts have any chance of making more custom shells like that one in the future?

Gunfight, Ladybug, and Seawolf are carts I haven't put down since I purchased them 6 months ago. They always stay in my "hot games" case that doesn't get put away with the other less played titles.

Man I wish I knew how to program on the 2600... I'd love to make a more accurate "Gorf" or make Berzerk's sequel "Frenzy".

There's too many games this year! I ordered only VCS games for now but I have a feeling after Xmas I'll be ordering some of those new 7800 carts and some more VCS games.

I ordered:

Gingerbread Man

Lady Bug

Space Battle

Medieval Mayhem

Conquest of Mars

Stella's Stocking

but I got my eye on b*nQ, Space Duel, Colony 7 and Melbourne Tatty.

Damn you homebrewers with your excellent games! I'm going broke! :D ;)

After seeing the new holiday cart, I just splurged and couldnt resist ordering:

• 2007 Holiday Cart: Stella's Stocking
  • Fall Down
  • Qb
  • Conquest of Mars
  • Toyshop Trouble
  • Colony 7

I really can't afford this right now but what the hell... you only live once!

I'm happy to support the programmers and all their hard work keeping the 2600 alive and well for us diehards! It will be a Merry Christmas indeed!

Seasons greetings everyone!

As a Christmas present just for you, because this is the first post I've read where someone has ordered Qb -- please ask Al for a refund of the 'royalty' I get for this particular Qb cartridge. Merry Christmas.

WOW so much cool stuff!!!!

I have my cart up to $250 and realized I had kids :(

These will do for now...

b*nQ

Colony 7

Castle Crisis

Qb

Here is hoping the other new games this xMas holiday are not limited time games so I can pick them up later.

Al... good job with this Holiday sale... I was indeed pleasantly surprised to see so much new stuff. And a special thanks to Andrew Davie for allowing another run of Qb be made.

You're welcome. Please ask Al for a refund on my commission on the Qb cart. Happy Christmas.

Cheers

A

Gunfight, Ladybug, and Seawolf are carts I haven't put down since I purchased them 6 months ago. They always stay in my "hot games" case that doesn't get put away with the other less played titles.

Man I wish I knew how to program on the 2600... I'd love to make a more accurate "Gorf" or make Berzerk's sequel "Frenzy".

What's stopping you?

I'm still planning on making my game someday after sorta messing around with it earlier this year

I was able to get car moving down a scrolling playfield moving after aonly a couple of days and a lots of help from the peeps on this list

Here's my scrolling GO SOX playfield from back in April when I was starting out

post-1544-1198195526_thumb.jpg

Edited by godzillajoe

Did you make that on Bb?

Nope.

Now granted I still have no idea how to tie all of this stuff together into a game but I did learn/steal enough info to get a scrolling playfield and single clolor sprite moving. Though since I started a new job in April, I haven't had much time to do 2600 programming, having to relearn Java for my new job

But hopefully in 2008, with enough help from the peeps here, I wanna finish a game

Then I have to finish my album and have some indie label release it

THEN drink myself to death listening to my album and playing my game surrounded by admiring lady friends

oh godzillajoe, you indie rock, homebrew making sex machine! :D

my order

1 x 2007 Holiday Cart: Stella's Stocking = $0.00

TV Type PAL60

1 x Sync = $25.00

AtariVox Speech Synthesizer Not Included

1 x Marble Craze = $22.50

TV Type PAL

1 x Melbourne Tatty = $25.00

1 x Wolfenstein VCS: The Next Mission = $20.00

1 x Colony 7 = $25.00

TV Type PAL

1 x Qb = $25.00

TV Type PAL

1 x Space Duel = $30.00

TV Type PAL

What's stopping you?

My cluelessness on how to program for the 2600! I never learned anything other than BASIC "back in the day". I'm very eager to learn how though... any tutorials or links that could help get me started? I'd LOVE to make a killer 2600 title that everyone would like to play.

As a Christmas present just for you, because this is the first post I've read where someone has ordered Qb -- please ask Al for a refund of the 'royalty' I get for this particular Qb cartridge. Merry Christmas.

Andrew, I appreciate the offer but I want you to have the royalty!

I purchase games primarily for two reasons:

1. For personal enjoyment
  2. To support the programmer(s)

I believe one should be rewarded for their hard work, dedication, and time. Let's be honest, nobody's rolling in dough writing 2600 titles - it's a labor of love. Without incentive and/or reward, why would there be any reason for coders to continue writing games for our beloved 2600?

I'm not part of the "I want everything for free" generation. I WANT to pay for homebrews. I see the hard work that goes into producing the labels, manuals, and even boxes for homebrews. I want to reward those for their time and efforts. I enjoy playing titles more when I purchase them rather than playing them for free on an emulator. Call me crazy, but it's true!

Merry Christmas to you, your family, and everyone else here at AtariAge!

Best regards,

tremoloman2006

I purchase games primarily for two reasons:

1. For personal enjoyment
  2. To support the programmer(s)

I'd add a third reason to that list: To support AtariAge, which I really think is one of the finest all-around sites on the web.

To that end, I made a purchase way beyond my means :D

Gingerbread Man

Bee-Ball

Squish 'Em

Colony 7

b*nQ

2007 Holiday Cart: Stella's Stocking

and then I took advantage of the sale to pick up some older titles I still needed:

Thrust+ Platinum

Qb

FlapPing

I'll probably be back in the store after the first shipment arrives to pick up the other new 7800 games, at the very least.

So, thanks to everyone involved for making all this happen!

And Happy Holidays!