IGNORED

The 2007 AtariAge Holiday Sale Has Arrived!

Albert

I'm surprised the Holiday sale is not listed on the front page.

I need to post news about it, but between posting it in the forum and spamming the store customer database (those who are subscribed to the store newsletter, that is), I'm a bit terrified at the number of carts I need to build. :)

..Al

I need to post news about it, but between posting it in the forum and spamming the store customer database (those who are subscribed to the store newsletter, that is), I'm a bit terrified at the number of carts I need to build. :)

..Al

:rolling: Looks like I'll be receiving my holiday order just in time for my birthday in March. ;-)

..Al

Oh, wow, it looks like I need to go rob the bank and then buy about 30,000 of each game! Al's gonna need a lot of cart shells, too. *grabs a shovel and heads toward New Mexico*

I had my order all ready, but this week 25% of each department where I work was laid off (permanently). I was spared, but I'm pretty sure it's a matter of 6-12 months for everyone else, so it seems a bit irresponsible to buy these now. It's a major bummer for this to have happened, and a minor bummer (comparatively speaking) to not get the holiday cart. :( Maybe next year once we're back on our feet in a more stable situation. This looks like a fantastic cart. Lots of great new games this year, which is nice to see!

I purchase games primarily for two reasons:

1. For personal enjoyment
  2. To support the programmer(s)

I'd add a third reason to that list: To support AtariAge, which I really think is one of the finest all-around sites on the web.

Great 3rd reason! I figured it was implied by supporting the programmers but I meant it every "bit" as much as you do! I look forward to checking out AtariAge every day when I come home. This is a great community and feel lucky to be a part of it. :)

Put my order in Im more in debt but couldnt miss out on this sale or the 2007 Holiday cart

Thrust+ Platinum

Space Battle

Gingerbread Man

Squish 'Em

Colony 7

b*nQ

Asteroids Deluxe

Space Duel

2007 Holiday Cart: Stella's Stocking

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just wondering if people out there are under the impression that Stellas Stocking is a collection of 5 bB titles?

I thought it was probably worth mentioning at least once, that Darrels Stay Frosty is written in assembler and IMO even better than his last game, which was no less than Medieval Mayhem :)

I'm just wondering if people out there are under the impression that Stellas Stocking is a collection of 5 bB titles?

I thought it was probably worth mentioning at least once, that Darrels Stay Frosty is written in assembler and IMO even better than his last game, which was no less than Medieval Mayhem :)

The menu, which takes up more space than any of the individual games, is also written in assembler by John Payson, whose last two games were Strat-O-Gems Deluxe and Toyshop Trouble. :)

..Al

What's wrong with bB? :?

What's wrong with bB? :?

Absolutely nothing - it's all in what you do with it. But there seems to be a perception that not much good has been done with it (The Last Ninja and N.E.R.D.S being prime examples). The problem with that line of thinking, is that if someone applied that to the 2600 in general, they could just claim there are no good games for it because they'd only played games by Mythicon, for example.

Once more games like Gingerbread Man begin appearing, that perception may change.

Well, since we've opened the can of worms again, here's what I have a problem with.

Most of the games seem to be "move a crudely drawn guy around a crudely drawn room"

There is little to no sprite animation so when the guy "moves" he floats instead of "runs"

Everything is single colored and blocky as hell like the old Starship game or a bad Odyssey 2 game

And it seems like the idea of saying "I made a game!" is the motivation behind most of them rather than making something interesting that is fun to play

That said, I bought Gingerbread Man because that looks like it will actually be fun despite the limitations bB seems to have.

A lot more effort than just slapping something together and getting it out there so you can tell your friends

Wow! Great selection again this year!

And perfect timing, too! I just finished my Christmas shopping, so now I can start my Christmas shopping!

:D

Yeah, that's the way it works out every year for me too.I already got my credit card bill for this order, and for a second there I was shocked about how much I owed, then I remembered what I had ordered from the AA store.Can't wait!

I will also second how easy it is to pay with the credit card.Just makes it that much easier to spend a few hundred bucks...

What's with the Flashback 2 giveaway? On the sale page in the store, it says that five FB2 consoles are being given away. Further down, it says that those who spend $100 will win a Flashback 2. Just by reading this thread, I know more than five people have spent more than $100.

Was one of those statements a typo, or is there a gigantic stock of Flashback 2's just sitting around at the AA store?

What's with the Flashback 2 giveaway? On the sale page in the store, it says that five FB2 consoles are being given away. Further down, it says that those who spend $100 will win a Flashback 2. Just by reading this thread, I know more than five people have spent more than $100.

Was one of those statements a typo, or is there a gigantic stock of Flashback 2's just sitting around at the AA store?

I took it as you have a chance to win 1 of 5 FB2s if you spend $100 or more

I changed the page some time ago to say that anyone who orders from the store during this sale is given a chance to enter one of five Flashback 2's, and you can also enter the drawing without having to buy anything. It should never have said, "Those who spend $100 will win a Flashback 2". It was "Those who spend $100 or more will be eligible to win one of five Flashback 2 consoles."

..Al