IGNORED

omicron (2k)

seemo

lucky you. oh well, z26 ain't all that bad.

a suggestion: bouncy walls.

they don't kill you but could knock you back into an enemy unit. although i do like the whole "the matrix" effect currently implemented. some type of auto-turn feature would be nice. for instance if you're shooting up/down/right and you bump into the right border, you automatically turn left. but then you'd be killing off the enemy unit that you are potentially bouncing into, making borders completely safe. but hey, i can barely get past level 4 anymore.

Just tried this out on real hardware with the Supercharger/iPod combo, and it's really fun! Love the frentic pace and the music. One thing--not sure if this is on my hardware or something with the bin2wav conversion, but I'm getting some kind of graphical glitch. It looks like there's a little bit of a mirror image of my ship and my shots up at the top of the wall. Any thoughts?

How can I resize it? it is printing on the whole page.

Might be the settings of whatever program you are using to print that is filling up the whole page. I personaly use Photoshop, but any decent image viewer/editor should give you the option of not resizing.

post-16761-1206232777_thumb.jpg

Hi,

here's the final version of the game.

I have reworked the coordinates/collisions code, and made a few changes:

- Supercharger problems: according to Nukey Shay's Supercharger conversion hacks Thread any access to rom addresses $xFF8 and up has been removed (no problems any more on my PAL Supercharger :) )

- border 'bug': if you remain on the border, the missile remains white and cannot hit to the enemy. The enemy cannot cause any harm just like before, but if you don't get quickly away from the border it's game over.

- difficulty colors: now the ship color reflects the difficulty: red for easy and blue for hard. The score color has been restored to blue for normal score and red for hi-score

Thanks for playing :)

Simone

omicron_2k_final.bin

Outstanding game! :thumbsup: I'll have to try this out on real hardware.

- difficulty colors: now the ship color reflects the difficulty: red for easy and blue for hard. The score color has been restored to blue for normal score and red for hi-score

The only problem with this, is you can set a high score on easy, flip the difficulty switches, and then play another game on hard, and your original easy score will appear to have been done on the harder level.

post-2641-1206389160_thumb.png

The easiest solution would be to clear the high score whenever the difficulty switches are flipped. The harder solution would be to find away for it to keep both scores, each a different color. Maybe a lighter red or blue than the in-game score?

How can I resize it? it is printing on the whole page.

Might be the settings of whatever program you are using to print that is filling up the whole page. I personaly use Photoshop, but any decent image viewer/editor should give you the option of not resizing.

post-16761-1206232777_thumb.jpg

Im using preview, which comes with os x, and I can't figure it out at all. do you think you could post a resized version?

Im using preview, which comes with os x, and I can't figure it out at all. do you think you could post a resized version?

Try un-checking "Scale to fit" in the Print dialog box, and see if that works. If the original file was set up with the correct dimensions, that should do it.

If that doesn't do it, in Page Setup, make a custom page size that's the same size as the label you want. Then print with "Scale to fit" checked.

here's the final version of the game.

Plays great. Are we going to see a cart release?

post-16761-1206401479_thumb.jpg

ARRRGHH some day I will score 1000.

The image is the right size. It's 3.11 inches wide, while the label itself is 2.8 inches wide. Like Nathan said, look for 'scale to fit' or something along those lines and dissable.

Hey, looks like score maxes out at 998. Maybe we should go back to a point per sqare?

Wait, that would slow down the progress too much. Right now, difficulty rises nice and fast. Are you out of room? :?

Edited by cosmosiss

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just uploaded the binary for the minigame competition, it features a few changes:

- the game over music has been restored

- when you change the difficulty, the hi-score is reset to 0 (thanks Nathan :thumbsup: )

- when you hit the border, you stop firing and the slow-down effect has been tuned down (thanks Eric :thumbsup: )

Bye

Simone

omicron_2k.zip

Excellent work - as always! :thumbsup:

A note though... the manual says:

- Use difficulty switch A to choose between easy (red) and hard (blue) difficulty

But the score for both variations remains blue, with the high score blinking red. It's definitely changing the difficulty, but not the colors.

Edited by Nathan Strum

Great new version! :)

If anything, is there a chance you could reduce the shooting-delay after the player detaches from the border (or maybe get rid of it altogether)?

I think it could make the gameflow even more intuitive. Might be worth a try... (if technically possible)

Anyway - a brilliant, smooth, high action game and a prime contender for the compo! :cool: :thumbsup:

Eric