• release of a completed Space War 2k
    • release of a completed Phase Zero
    • release of a completed Black Ice/White Noise
    • Catbox/ Scatbox rerelease
    • a JagWeb peripheral
    • a Jag VR set-up
    • Jaguar 2 ;)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

What wouldn't stop me I can always just use a other username you get your Jagvaporhardwarez pass to play Bootleg ROMz. :ponder:
I seriously doubt that the few people interested in piracy are willing to involve themselves in the Jaguar community, learn to program on the Jag, actually release games, and cooperate with other developers enough to be considered serious, just to be able to run ROMs. They're much more likely to use an emulator, copy CDs or burn EPROMs.

The games listed are not my king of games (not really fan of 3D games).

I'm note sure a JagWeb would be of interest now, and not really interested in JagVR (unlike new games developped for, but hey, I'm not a fan of 3D games, remember :D)

The Jag 2 would be a nice dream, but I will be more practital and vote fore a new release of Catbox/Scatbox (with new linkable games).

That dream is closer to a reality that you understand.

And yes a catbox would be nice.....as long as more BattleSpheres were released along with it.

A few folks laying off the threats of copying could make that happen.

What wouldn't stop me I can always just use a other username you get your Jagvaporhardwarez pass to play Bootleg ROMz. :ponder:
I seriously doubt that the few people interested in piracy are willing to involve themselves in the Jaguar community, learn to program on the Jag, actually release games, and cooperate with other developers enough to be considered serious, just to be able to run ROMs. They're much more likely to use an emulator, copy CDs or burn EPROMs.

Its not only the few as you say that would benefit from a one time plug in of the CF and a one time upload

to an SRAM device. I can se others being easily tempted to use the device for the same purpose. Re-map the RAM.

It wont hurt any new developments and it wont allow the unauthorized running of carts either. Then the CF will be much

more attractive to more developers.

as long as more BattleSpheres were released along with it.

A few folks laying off the threats of copying could make that happen.

:ponder:

HAHAHAHAHAH

I suppose it was the Tooth Fairy who has been preventing all those shiny new BS carts all these years prior to the JagCF. :roll:

Edited by remowilliams

Jag emulators SUCKS! :ponder: What I have do? I know I'll send you a Certificate of Authenticity showing I'm a Jagdeveloper! :D Why does Jagdeveloper need to play bootleg ROMz? If someone was serious about being a Jagdeveloper all they would need is get a copy of the Jaguar development manual it free on the web! :roll: http://www.larshannig.com/subdomains/atari...ibrary/doc.html There's no need to use other people ROMz!

Edited by walter_J64bit

one word for you Jagvaporhardwarez :roll:

So your saying that If I bought your Jagvaporhardwarez all I have to do tell you that I' CopyCat developers I'll be able to play Bootleg ROMz? :ponder: How are going get proof that I'm a Jagdeveloper? Use your Brain! :roll:

No. We said TRUSTED developers, i.e. people which have already proved they're serious, are active on the Jag development scene, and shown maturity.

With the kind of attitude you're showing, you would definitely not qualify.

So this only limited to your friends? What kind of Crack are your smoking? Than why tell everyone that your make this Jagvaporhardwarez?

Edited by walter_J64bit

now thats an idea! i did'nt expect this thread to be the war room when i made it.

Don't sweat it, we've got a few people around who think that if they ignore reality enough it will pack it in and go away or somehow bend to their delusions. And of course their followers.

Welcome to the Jag scene. :D

I think it would be nice if an admin could stop this flame war.

I voted JagVR.

But actually, I want a JagCF asap!

There be :ahoy: here! You did you know that the CF is limited to friends only, that is what I was told! Just at look at you are you a pirate too? :ahoy: RRRR!

Edited by walter_J64bit

I think it would be nice if an admin could stop this flame war.

I voted JagVR.

But actually, I want a JagCF asap!

There be :ahoy: here! You did you know that the CF is limited to friends only, that is what I was told! Just at look at you are you a pirate too? :ahoy: RRRR!

You are just ridiculous.

One of my drawback is that I am a collector and especially a Jaguar one.

So don't expect me to :ahoy: games.

now thats an idea! i did'nt expect this thread to be the war room when i made it.

Don't sweat it, we've got a few people around who think that if they ignore reality enough it will pack it in and go away or somehow bend to their delusions. And of course their followers.

Welcome to the Jag scene. :D

I worked for one of the neo-Amiga companies for a few years, if you EVER want to see delusions, check out the Amiga scene sometime. This is downright rooted in reality by comparison. (actually, I'm seeing both sides arguing the same points, but each one having enough ego up to not be able to see that they are)

I worked for one of the neo-Amiga companies for a few years, if you EVER want to see delusions, check out the Amiga scene sometime. This is downright rooted in reality by comparison. (actually, I'm seeing both sides arguing the same points, but each one having enough ego up to not be able to see that they are)

You know, the Amiga scene is the only close parallel I have when trying to describe the Jag scene to someone who has asked. I can tell if they know, if they recoil in horror when I say 'like the Amiga scene' :lol:

One thing in particular that seems to be a direct correlation between the two:

Frothing Amiga/Jaguar nut - "What are you crazy?! If people can download a copy of Brattacus/Cybermorph and play it on their Amiga/Jaguar you'll kill off the Amiga/Jaguar and the entire market!"

Seemingly having zero connection with reality and not realizing that the platform and the 'market' died many, many years ago of course.

That being said at least the Amiga nuts weren't trying to burn down emulators thinking that somehow that would be a good thing.

Frothing Amiga/Jaguar nut - "What are you crazy?! If people can download a copy of Brattacus/Cybermorph and play it on their Amiga/Jaguar you'll kill off the Amiga/Jaguar and the entire market!"

Seemingly having zero connection with reality and not realizing that the platform and the 'market' died many, many years ago of course.

Market/platform is irrelevent. Ripping ROM's and playing them without owning the game is illegal, platform market existing or not. Imagine, for a moment, that Arari has begun development of a flashback Jaguar console, able to play all of these games. They do the work, they get it prepped, they go to the investors, who then look out there, and see us, the potential users, stealing their product. Guess what, Atari now has investors backout, costing us all a potential new product, all because of piracy.

Just because a neighbor is away from his house does not mean you are free to take his TV.

Imagine, for a moment, that Arari has begun development of a flashback Jaguar console, able to play all of these games. They do the work, they get it prepped, they go to the investors, who then look out there, and see us, the potential users, stealing their product. Guess what, Atari now has investors backout, costing us all a potential new product, all because of piracy.

Atari actually did make a flashback product. Two of them to be precise. Most of the ROM binaries are available - right here on this very site.

Yes, I understand the legality and necessity of IP/copyright protection. And even before I've been morally preached at by others, I've had a pretty good handle on the whole right and wrong thing.

However not everything in this world is a simple case of black and white. Playing Pole Position II from an SD card in my Cuttle Cart 2 is not stealing the neighbors television.

However not everything in this world is a simple case of black and white. Playing Pole Position II from an SD card in my Cuttle Cart 2 is not stealing the neighbors television.

Please explain how its any different?

Tell me how taking something without permission is any different than taking something wihout permission?

Look dude....Im not looking to throw anyone in jail over old ROMS. Im talking about nwe ROMS that not only I

make but several others. Talk about not being able to distinguish! Sheesh!

Edited by Gorf

Market/platform is irrelevent. Ripping ROM's and playing them without owning the game is illegal, platform market existing or not. Imagine, for a moment, that Arari has begun development of a flashback Jaguar console, able to play all of these games. They do the work, they get it prepped, they go to the investors, who then look out there, and see us, the potential users, stealing their product. Guess what, Atari now has investors backout, costing us all a potential new product, all because of piracy.

Just because a neighbor is away from his house does not mean you are free to take his TV.

Or how about even borrowing it without his permission?

Imagine, for a moment, that Arari has begun development of a flashback Jaguar console, able to play all of these games. They do the work, they get it prepped, they go to the investors, who then look out there, and see us, the potential users, stealing their product. Guess what, Atari now has investors backout, costing us all a potential new product, all because of piracy.

Atari actually did make a flashback product. Two of them to be precise. Most of the ROM binaries are available - right here on this very site.

Yes, I understand the legality and necessity of IP/copyright protection. And even before I've been morally preached at by others, I've had a pretty good handle on the whole right and wrong thing.

How for is it not? Was Pole Position II supplied to you in an SD card? No? You're trying to split hairs that "well, the TV isn't in my living room, it's in my garage, so that's ok, right?"

You're proving yourself less and less understanding of the underlying concept of copyright ownership if this is your attitude. Now, if you had a ROM reader and transferred that SD card yourself, no problem by me, more power to you. But I have a funny feeling that is not the case here, is it?

I run UAE, the Amiga emulator. I run it in OCS mode only, which some people don't understand. But the reason why is simple, my copy of the Amiga ROM, which I did copy using a true ROM reader, is off of an OCS machine and will not work on AGA emulation. To some, I seem foolish, but I am sticking to the letter of the law.

Remo forgets the fact that I once helped write MAME and that I have my own Jag and astrocade

emu's. The intent at THAT time was for preservation not to have everyone and his mother dowload

the ROMS and play. Im am more than you can imagin hopeing tht someday these comapnies will

offer the rom packs for emulators. I know some have such intentions. seeing this goin on, and they

do see it, does not make them any more in a rush to release them.

You know I start to not worry about the piracy potential of these things then someone posts something like this. Hiding being, not semantics, but the meaning of is crap. You percive the market has died many years ago. And in a mainstream commercial sense you're right. But there is still a community that should be supported.

Because you percieve that the market died, do you intend to pirate Songbirds games such as SkyHammer etc because of this perception. ~Ah its ok. I don't like his prices and the market died years ago newayz ~

But of course we have went through these arguments already.

It's irrelevent. The CF is vaporware.

You know I start to not worry about the piracy potential of these things then someone posts something like this. Hiding being, not semantics, but the meaning of is crap. You percive the market has died many years ago. And in a mainstream commercial sense you're right. But there is still a community that should be supported.

Because you percieve that the market died, do you intend to pirate Songbirds games such as SkyHammer etc because of this perception. ~Ah its ok. I don't like his prices and the market died years ago newayz ~

If that logic were percieved to the Amiga market in '98, pirating software including the OS would be ok. Instead, Amiga has had 3 new releases, plus the release of now 5 revisions of a clone OS for PowerPC based systems *and* a full blown runtime OS on top of a subset of x86 hardware. yet, from 1993-1998, no development occured. Within a decade, the Amiga marketplace has grown more diverse, more interesting, and become a viable product once again.

As will be this thread. I understand this subject has gone of topic, but the topic is greatly affected by what we aer discussing.

Wanting to see these this are not pipe dreams. They are with in our grasp. The trouble is, why should we go throough all the

trouble just to see it possibly abused? Scatbox, Jag II...they all still need software and games. Hardware is pretty useless if

it does not have software. Software is written and takes time effort and money. People do not like shelling out for nothing.