• release of a completed Black Ice/White Noise
    • Catbox/ Scatbox rerelease
    • a JagWeb peripheral
    • a Jag VR set-up
    • Jaguar 2 ;)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Jagware's CF abilities to dump ROMs

again, the JagCF CAN'T dump roms

use your brain 2 seconds, how do you expect to dump a rom from a cartridge if the cartridge port is already taken by the JagCF :|

and if you read the topic, it's said that the rom ability will be available only to developers

so please read what we say and not continue dreaming of what JagCF's detractors say

So your saying that If I bought your Jagvaporhardwarez all I have to do tell you that I'm CopyCat developers I'll be able to play Bootleg ROMz? :ponder: How are going get proof that I'm a Jagdeveloper? Use your Brain! :roll:

Well, this was the solution asked by people on JS2 some times ago, if I remember correctly.

Removing the ability to play ROM in standard, but give ability to developper to use it to let them create new cartridges games.

Because, the JagCF is also intended to give developpers an alternative hardware to develop cartridge games.

I no more have access to JS2, bu I think that Gorf agreede (or was one of the initiator) of this solution. Does someone remember ?

Back to the topic, and the Jag2. Yes, I have no idea of how close to completion it is. In fact, I do not want to have any idea, beacause I knbow this kind of project is very hard and long to complete. You could be 98%, but need 2 years to achieve the project. I prefer to be ignorant and have a nice surprise when ready, rather than expecting it to come every day and becoming depressive ;).

Hey, and if a Catbox/Scatbox get re-released, I'd like to see a Superburnout like linkable up to 8 jaguar :cool:

But in fact, what I really would like is to be bold enough to instal SebRmv compiler pack on my laptop and make some games for my own fun. But I'm so lazy right now :(

And Lynx programming is so nice :P

There's no need for the Jagvaporhardwarez CF as a developers tool we all ready have the BJL and that's free on the web! Oh that's right you can't use the BJL to make games. Oh didn't Frog Feast get release just by using just the BJL? :ponder: Jagvaporhardwarez CF is just tool for :ahoy:'s RRRR!

There be :ahoy:'s here! RRRR!

Edited by walter_J64bit

Well, I made some Lynx games using BLL kit (the equivalence of BJL for Lynx).

But soon, I was in need for another solution (a Flashcard), in order to manage more memory and ROM access, because BLL only use Lynx available RAM, and have no access to ROM (I had to load some nice background from ROM).

Of course, I could have cut down my games, and made them less complete, just to not use a "potential" pirate device.

And BJL is a viable development kit of course, when your game is ready, you can transfer it each time you want to play, create a JagCD (in fact, not a real JagCD, but the game will be loaded once in memory,like with a transfert), or convert it to cartridge (like it has been done with Frog Feast). But then, you will need a kind of flashcard to test your cartridge, right ?

For BJL development, the JagCF will have many advantages if you want to use them : put your BJL game on a CF (you can even put more than one version, in order to test - more convenient than a CD encrypted for each version) while development. And then, test your final cartridge build when ready.

Well, this was the solution asked by people on JS2 some times ago, if I remember correctly.

Removing the ability to play ROM in standard, but give ability to developper to use it to let them create new cartridges games.

Because, the JagCF is also intended to give developpers an alternative hardware to develop cartridge games.

I no more have access to JS2, bu I think that Gorf agreede (or was one of the initiator) of this solution. Does someone remember ?

Well...I said it would be better than nothing at all but that is not the smartest or best way.

The safest way is a remap. IT wont hurt developers as you only re-map up another 2k.

if the new games are being exclusively made for CF, there is NO NEED for them to run

at the same address as a normal Jag Cart.

A few

case ADDR(15 downto 12) is
  when x"0" => we_h(0) <= h; int_we_l(0) <= l;
  when x"1" => we_h(1) <= h; int_we_l(1) <= l;
  when x"2" => we_h(2) <= h; int_we_l(2) <= l;

and so on and so forth.

The only extra silicon that might result from this a small amount of extra address decode logic.

You can save some of the gate logic by cutting back on the overkill billion registers DSP.

I still say if you were bothering to add another processor it should be an 030 that takes over the

68k or another RISC compatible core. Then OUR tools will be useful on it. Our tools are for ANY

Jag RISC compatible processor. A RISC compat would be MCUH more in the spirit of the Jaguar

and would be making the Jag a lot more like the Jag II also having 3 RISC processors now.

Back to the topic, and the Jag2. Yes, I have no idea of how close to completion it is. In fact, I do not want to have any idea, beacause I knbow this kind of project is very hard and long to complete. You could be 98%, but need 2 years to achieve the project. I prefer to be ignorant and have a nice surprise when ready, rather than expecting it to come every day and becoming depressive ;).

Jag II was ready. We have every document we need except for the proprietary logic ASIC libs.

No one has these (apparently not even Toshiba, the manufacturer's) and there for we need to

write them by hand. IT a few months of work and at least a few months of design if we get it

running.

Hey, and if a Catbox/Scatbox get re-released, I'd like to see a Superburnout like linkable up to 8 jaguar :cool:

But in fact, what I really would like is to be bold enough to instal SebRmv compiler pack on my laptop and make some games for my own fun. But I'm so lazy right now :(

And Lynx programming is so nice :P

I heard the Lynx is a dream to code for. The DreamCast of handhelds when it come to development.

I heard the Lynx is a dream to code for. The DreamCast of handhelds when it come to development.

It have some nice features and give some nice headaches :)

Probably like every system :D .

It have its own limitations too (especially for memory, 64ko is really small, once you removed 16ko for screen flipping, 8ko for a nice colored background, and so on, you have something like 30ko for the game... wel plenty of room in fact)

But I think the "Dreamcast of handhelds" award would probably go to GP32 series or maybe the DS.

But yes, the Lynx is really pleasant, especially when you come from the ST (a kind of enhanced for gaming STe I would say).

It's irrelevent. The CF is vaporware.

Yeah, a vaporware nearly 150 or 200 people have seen in real at the Retro gaming Connexion and AC Connexion events. Litlle troll :D

over 10,000 people saw the BoXeR prototype at various Amiga conventions. Hundreds of thousands have seen the Amiga Walker prototype at conventions. both still vaporware, and always will be so.

Until the day it ships, it is vaporware. Same goes for any product.

95% of the work takes 5% of the effort, don't forget.

The safest way is a remap. IT wont hurt developers as you only re-map up another 2k.

if the new games are being exclusively made for CF, there is NO NEED for them to run

at the same address as a normal Jag Cart.

I don't know, but I do not understand :

Instead of blowing in the wind your proposition on every topic, why didn't you answer to Jagware brainstorming ?

You just had to go to the Jagware website, and then discuss your solution in private, like other developpers did.

I think that this is more useful to speak with them, rather than expecting that someone will make your job for you ?

And keeping external people, like me and others arguing about something that doesn't concern us.

@SebRmv : ok, when do you have some spare time in 2048 ?

Edited by Fadest

Yeah, a vaporware nearly 150 or 200 people have seen in real at the Retro gaming Connexion and AC Connexion events. Litlle troll :D

over 10,000 people saw the BoXeR prototype at various Amiga conventions. Hundreds of thousands have seen the Amiga Walker prototype at conventions. both still vaporware, and always will be so.

So please just ignore the JagCF existence and behave as if it was really vaporware.

Edited by SebRmv

So please just ignore the JagCF existence and behave as if it was really vaporware.

Well, is it shipping? Is it available for developers to make products for?

if the answer to these questions is "no" there is no commercial presence of jagCF, am I correct? As i've stated before, I am curious about this product, but if your attitude is to be so negative, it reflects poorly upon it. I hope you do not represent the project itself.

Whatever you say little pirate :D

The little pirate has 2 500 originals and complete games at home. Try again ;)

Yep, and some Amiga prototypes were commercialy released. Do I need to name them ? So wait and see ;)

Yep, and some Amiga prototypes were commercialy released. Do I need to name them ? So wait and see ;)

Yes indeed, and when they shipped, they stopped being vaporware. When the jagCF is also shipped commercially, it too will stop being vaporware, and I look forward to this day. Proclaiming it is not when it exists only in private hands, or under development, is a quixotic quest and a very undefendable position. A better arguement would be "It's coming, no promises when, but when it's ready, you'll be the first to know" or some such. If they manage what is promised, with the DSP, ROM copy protection, and storage capacity, then I will be impressed and quite likely will buy one. And I look forward to that day.

Incidentally, prototypes which were released include:

Commodore Amiga 1000, 500, 2000, 1500, CD-TV 600, 1200, 3000, 3000T, 3200(retitled 4000), 4000T, CD-32, AmigaONE, Pegasos, Pegasos II, Ekifa

Prototypes which were not:

Amiga 300, 1400, PowerAmiga, Walker, AmigaONE (original), ATX4000, BoXeR, Pegasos III, CD1200, 2400, PowerTower, Nyx, Lorraine, Barbi

off the top of my head, of course.

Edited by downix

Whatever you say little pirate :D

The little pirate has 2 500 originals and complete games at home. Try again ;)

No need to try again. I think I nailed it the first time. ;)

Yes indeed, and when they shipped, they stopped being vaporware. When the jagCF is also shipped commercially, it too will stop being vaporware, and I look forward to this day. Proclaiming it is not when it exists only in private hands, or under development, is a quixotic quest and a very undefendable position. A better arguement would be "It's coming, no promises when, but when it's ready, you'll be the first to know" or some such. If they manage what is promised, with the DSP, ROM copy protection, and storage capacity, then I will be impressed and quite likely will buy one. And I look forward to that day.

Incidentally, prototypes which were released include:

Commodore Amiga 1000, 500, 2000, 1500, CD-TV 600, 1200, 3000, 3000T, 3200(retitled 4000), 4000T, CD-32, AmigaONE, Pegasos, Pegasos II, Ekifa

Prototypes which were not:

Amiga 300, 1400, PowerAmiga, Walker, AmigaONE (original), ATX4000, BoXeR, Pegasos III, CD1200, 2400, PowerTower, Nyx, Lorraine, Barbi

off the top of my head, of course.

I see your point. You know, I answered that because the same people who claim it's vaporware today, claimed on JSII the JagCF doesn't exist and that no one had seen it running. It was a pure lie, of course.

Now, I hope to see some good things at the next Atari Connexion 08 :)