IGNORED

POTENTIAL SALE- Atari 2600 Items, including rarities 9 and 10

Wonder007

Dont forget the Columbus guy he is always looking to add to the rooms of wonder. (Of course my wife calls them the rooms of wonder, wonder when he'll get rid of all this *&^%)... Anyway put me on the list of whatever you come up with and its good to see your not just trying to screw everybody.

Bruce P(Since theres an S out there already)

Nothing yet......I hope he is not having second thoughts or that somebody else is trying to get the items...... I've worked too hard talking and negotiating with this guy...... I'll keep you guys posted.... :)

Thanks,

Wonder007

Nothing yet......I hope he is not having second thoughts or that somebody else is trying to get the items...... I've worked too hard talking and negotiating with this guy...... I'll keep you guys posted.... :)

Thanks,

Wonder007

Good luck ... for all of us ! :D

You are a class act wonder. It is nice to see someone not just trying to make a buck, but to see a collector who enjoys collecting like you do and so willing to help others in their collecting.

Jim

Indeed. Coudn't have said it any better.

Definitely a great guy.

While I would love to get our first uber rare R10, family comes first. We would also love to visit the "Wonderland Museum"! :D

It would be worth the plane tickets or "little bit of a drive" :ponder: to visit and I am sure Bean would have fun on the trip too just no teething on the protos - I'll bring along some Combats and ET carts for that. ;) (She thankfully hasn't tried chewing on any of our carts as of yet *knock on wood*.)

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to update this today. Ok, this is the issue....and it is my fault for opening my big mouth but oh well. Apparently, somebody from these boards has contacted him (the guy told me that the collector friend I have connected him and gave him contact info on the other interested party). I do not know if he is BSing me or whatever so I need to follow-up. His asking price has now gone up considerably thus I need to secure more funding to get the items. I can go higher in my bid but I do smell something fishy. At the rate this thing is going, the guy might die first (don't want to sound negative) before we complete the deal and then it goes to an estate sale (or maybe I'll die first with all of the stress this has caused me) and buy the stuff there (unless his family hires a business to do the selling which would definitely screw me, I think and/or he has a grandkid or two that is into Atari). I do not want to sound desperate but if it is somebody from here, please PM me, it would be a better strategy if we combine forces before we escalate the price.....I do not need all of the items. Anyhow, we'll see what happens.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by Wonder007

Yeah, safer to tell the wife, most could care less and you don't run the risk of having people trying to figure out your source. Ah well, if the guy croaks maybe someone will find everything at a local flea market for a song. Boxed River Patrol anyone?

Yeah, safer to tell the wife, most could care less and you don't run the risk of having people trying to figure out your source. Ah well, if the guy croaks maybe someone will find everything at a local flea market for a song. Boxed River Patrol anyone?

Tell ME about it......

Seeing that you have blown it,care to tell us what games were there was ??

Thanks for reminding me :( Anywho, let me put it to you this way, this collection will put you (based on what I briefly saw) on the top five Atari 2600 collections in the world. What makes his collection weak are the lack of prototypes and homebrews/hacks

Edited by Wonder007

Thanks for reminding me :( Anywho, let me put it to you this way, this collection will put you (based on what I briefly saw) on the top five Atari 2600 collections in the world. What makes his collection weak are the lack of prototypes and homebrews/hacks

Yeah, but a lot of people don't care for protos. I love them for NES, but who actually collects or cares of them like you do for Atari, or I do for NES? I mean, I know Tempest does, but I don't think he's after all the released stuff too. I think my NES collection is pretty neat because of all the stuff I have proto wise, and the US collection CIB, but not everyone sees it that way...

Wonder, how much money is the guy asking now?

I've got an idea..... How about we waterboard the guy until he gives up the assbag who screwed you over, and then I'll think up some really CREATIVE torture for him/her!

Seriously, that was just f'ing wrong!

(edit: typo)

Edited by [d2f]Iggy*SJB

Yeah, but a lot of people don't care for protos. I love them for NES, but who actually collects or cares of them like you do for Atari, or I do for NES? I mean, I know Tempest does, but I don't think he's after all the released stuff too. I think my NES collection is pretty neat because of all the stuff I have proto wise, and the US collection CIB, but not everyone sees it that way...

I agree with you, but everybody has a different definition of what a collection is..........some people consider the regular cart to be enough or CIB to complete....or....... including PAL in the library or vice versa.....everybody has different criteria for what a collection should hold.

In terms of price, because of what has been happening the last few days, I will not reveal the information just in case my theory is correct that somebody on these boards is competing against me.

Again, if is somebody from these boards, please PM me...at least I would know that it is true. :|

I agree with you, but everybody has a different definition of what a collection is..........some people consider the regular cart to be enough or CIB to complete....or....... including PAL in the library or vice versa.....everybody has different criteria for what a collection should hold.

In terms of price, because of what has been happening the last few days, I will not reveal the information just in case my theory is correct that somebody on these boards is competing against me.

Again, if is somebody from these boards, please PM me...at least I would know that it is true. :|

In all probability. Your idea of someone competing is probably correct. When a shark smells blood............well you know what happens. I'm just happy with what I got. Good luck. ;)

Hey Wonder007, sorry to hear about the let down. I think it would be pretty shitty for any one to have done something underhanded on a serious collector and good Atari Age member like you. I on the other hand am not too suprised that something like this has happened sad to say. I kind of hope the owner of these items lets u know the other party who is trying to get these. I think you are a very well respected member here and if people found out who it was there would be hell to pay.