IGNORED

Bomb Jack

• 1 month later...

Hello Tezz,

thanks a lot for the new version of Bombjack ! Besides, are the sources for BJ available or could you send me a copy ?!?

Well, believe it or not Stefan Dorndorf (author of QMEG-OS, Hyper-XF OS and other things) wants to create a 128k version of Bombjack... at least he said so at Abbuc forum, that he would do it if the sources were available...

greetings, Andreas Koch.

Hello Tezz,

thanks a lot for the new version of Bombjack ! Besides, are the sources for BJ available or could you send me a copy ?!?

Well, believe it or not Stefan Dorndorf (author of QMEG-OS, Hyper-XF OS and other things) wants to create a 128k version of Bombjack... at least he said so at Abbuc forum, that he would do it if the sources were available...

greetings, Andreas Koch.

Hi Andreas... well there might not be a need to do that 128k version! Something better is being worked on already with BJ ;)

Hello Tezz,

greetings, Andreas Koch.

Hi Andreas... well there might not be a need to do that 128k version! Something better is being worked on already with BJ ;)

A 64K version!! :D ... Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the rough translation of the article via Google translate:

I wanted to, with courtesy of Kaz share the good news. Good for me - as a game publisher Atari, good for developers - creating the most wypaśne titles on our computer, and good for all atarians wanting to play these games with the requirements of a normal Atari 65XE. By creating a new cartridge for Atari. And it is unusual cartridge. Which has been given the name of Corina ...

Let me start from the fact that the preparation for the issuance of the Atari game I asked a well-known species from cartridgy, Zenon Rakoczy, of a draft letter from memory 128kB ROM. Zenon wrote a great and created a diagram and a prototype. Paper plate designed by Marcin "ball" Prusisz, Sebastian "Seban" Igielski and me. This is carcie was issued "Hobgoblin". Then it seemed to me to paraphrase Bill Gates'a that "everyone just 128kB."

Quickly it turned out, however, that new games (such as "Bomb Jack") and other titles, just for the Development, duuuużo are more demanding. Odpytałem therefore most active developers, met their demands and again podreptałem to Zenon. Ordered in his GR8 Software for the new project, in my assessment, the most sophisticated cartridge in the history of the Atari 8-bit.

Zenon financed the proposed work, but he did not even listen, because he threw on a new challenge as crazy:). As he said as he worked in a trance "because" it's not there any computer, but the Atari ". Planning, that I will wait for the draft month, may two, however, Zenon passed to the prototype stage in a few days! In the meantime the mentioned except that 40 enamel discussing the details of which Zenon had to face me as a child, so that in general understood as advanced case design.

This super-cartridge was baptized by the designer and Corina nice to tell me that just completed tests of prototype out successfully. Thus, developers are creating a most demanding games on Atari small to adapt its work to deliver on cartridgu, which may be on board:

# Program EPROM memory of the size of 128kB or 512kB or even 1MB (if you want to SRAM). For such a large memory, you can put movies or animation frames duszków.

# EEPROM memory of the size of 8kB. This is a writable memory, but nieulotna, which means that the data in the memory does not disappear after you turn off your computer! It is intended to save save'ów, high score, etc.

# SRAM memory of the size of 128kB or 512kB. This memory (RAM recordable), will run even on the Atari 65XE game, which normally would require a major enlargement of memory. Of course, the developer must provide it, but access to that memory is obtained simply by switching banks.

# Real-time clock (RTC) supported battery acting exactly the same as in SpartaDOS X. That is a program on cartridgu can always know what is the current date and time.

Each of these elements can be, but life of eternal musi_ be on board cartridge'a. So I poskładać almost any combination of the above-mentioned components. In this way I set up exactly the media, which requires the developer to a specific game. Unnecessary parts simply do not lutuje, and the whole set up some zworkami. It is universal and important, very cost-effective solution.

Memory cartridge (both EPROM, EEPROM, and RAM) is divided into banks after 16KB (the EEPROM is only 8kB, but it is switched like a normal bank). Cartridge can be disconnected and attached software. All this (except the clock) is very easily controlled with a single, one byte: $ D500.

For developers who want to spend the game in this cartridgu be prepared special cartridge development, containing only recordable SRAM memory in place of ROM. In this way they can without restrictions cartridge load the program and test its effects on the real Atari. In addition, Waldek "Laoo" Allombert offered me help by adding a new cartridge emulation to the Atari emulator + +, which if successful, will make it much easier to create new games on this media.

If you are creating a new large game and would like to spend it on cartridgu is GR8 Software is the appropriate cartridge for you! Please contact the persons concerned.

04.12.2008 by Nosty

post-4724-1228394521.png

Edited by Tezz

Hi Nosty,

:) yea Google translate isn't perfect yet! I edited it a little too.

Perhaps you can send the summary to Kaz before posting it and we'll work it out to the best of our abilities between us to then post it here.

It's a fantastic new development for everyone involved with new Atari production!

Perhaps you can send the summary to Kaz before posting it and we'll work it out to the best of our abilities between us to then post it here.

OK. Good idea. Thanks for Your help.

It's a fantastic new development for everyone involved with new Atari production!

Tnaks! This is my idea but Zenon's design :)

• 4 weeks later...
is the emulation for Atari++ ready?

ALMOST ready. Laoo can't publish it now cause we still have small problems.

Work on BJ is good test of emulator.

I forgot to note that the BJ will have an additional feature: recording high score on cartridge.

Vega wants to improve a few other things...

Well my Hobgoblin just arrived like 10 minutes ago and all i can say is if the presentation on Bomb Jake is as good as that you're going to have a lot of satisfied customers! Oh, and I'll definitely be one of them :)

The cart format sounds great, cant wait to see it in action.

• 5 months later...
some news ? :cool:
It's very close to a release now. The re-branding with a brand new loading pic was done in December, Vega completed the work with regard to the Corina cartridge taking advantage of it's features and Nosty and myself worked on the artwork for the cover and cartridge labels a couple of months ago. So all unmodified users will soon be able to play on their real hardware :) Edited by Tezz

Nosty... are the boards ready to buy?

did Laoo finished the emulation for it? he did the vbxe emulation so maybe he now can finish the emulation for the Corina boards?

hmm has a version of Atari++ not been released with the emulation now? I've not kept up with Atari++ updates. Vega prepared the Corina cartridge using the Corina Emulation under that version of Atari++ that Laoo prepared. It wasn't perfectly emulated in that special release so I wasn't personally allowed to give it out but I thought it was available now in a finished version?